Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

CJacobs posted:

The BB memory where he's drinking wine out of a glass may as well be an actual video of the real Mads Mikkelsen drinking real wine because of how god drat realistic his face looks and moves, it's crazy

I assumed they just sat Mads in a room with a few prompts and filmed whatever he chose to do. He's clearly having a lot of fun with some of them, like playing Santa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mufasa Nigel
Jul 8, 2005

Heads up for anyone going for legend of legends rank, distance travelled is important across all mission types. Even time focused ones. Found that out after delivering 400kg or something over 2 zipline journies, got an A. Did the slog with carriers and despite taking longer, got the S.

As mentioned before, anyone that initially whines about the UCA you need to do the mission-sleep-read email loop for progress to happen. Got stuck for HOURS on the novelist guy until i checked on Reddit what the gently caress was going on. Later awkward preppers i breezed through in 5 missions tops.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Modest Mao posted:

he was extremely over acting

Anybody besides David Hayter not over acting is the outlier in a Kojima game. And Hayters not even immune, he just has a character voice that makes it difficult by default to lean into stuff as hard as everyone else.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Mufasa Nigel posted:

Heads up for anyone going for legend of legends rank, distance travelled is important across all mission types. Even time focused ones. Found that out after delivering 400kg or something over 2 zipline journies, got an A. Did the slog with carriers and despite taking longer, got the S.
More or less? Because I've got Legend of Legends rank with 1.2x distance and up to and beyond at least 5x.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?
There's something from chapter 7 that's been bugging me. Is there ever a plot reason for Neanderthal bones and cave art suddenly appearing in the Rocky Mountains? Or does Kojima just not understand that they never made it to North America? The claim that dinosaurs lasted the longest in NA because of the badlands having the most late-cretaceous fossils is also pretty odd. Considering the proximity to the K-T impact crater they were probably among the first to die.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Hungry Computer posted:

There's something from chapter 7 that's been bugging me. Is there ever a plot reason for Neanderthal bones and cave art suddenly appearing in the Rocky Mountains? Or does Kojima just not understand that they never made it to North America? The claim that dinosaurs lasted the longest in NA because of the badlands having the most late-cretaceous fossils is also pretty odd. Considering the proximity to the K-T impact crater they were probably among the first to die.

Nanomachines

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

kojima's understanding of science is driven more by excitement than research

was there anything in the game that attempted to explain why america looked like iceland? i know the real reason is "kojima went to iceland" but you'd think there'd be some technobabble interview log about how the death stranding caused deforestation and made all the beaches black and thermal pools pop up randomly or something

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I’ve been muttering “BB...” to myself in a Mads voice all week

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

Ainsley McTree posted:

kojima's understanding of science is driven more by excitement than research

was there anything in the game that attempted to explain why america looked like iceland? i know the real reason is "kojima went to iceland" but you'd think there'd be some technobabble interview log about how the death stranding caused deforestation and made all the beaches black and thermal pools pop up randomly or something

Yeah, it's mentioned somewhere that the timefall causes the terrain to be like that due to constant high-speed erosion. I wish there were forested areas though, like the one in the north-west of the first map.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Mufasa Nigel posted:

As mentioned before, anyone that initially whines about the UCA you need to do the mission-sleep-read email loop for progress to happen. Got stuck for HOURS on the novelist guy until i checked on Reddit what the gently caress was going on. Later awkward preppers i breezed through in 5 missions tops.

By sleep do you mean just the sitting on the ground sleeping?

I'm doing the 5* cleanup now but those extra preppers are the only ones I've either not started or only have a star in.

Also, will they always have an order you have to bring back to them? Or do you have to rely on there being an order to go there from another prepper?

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Hungry Computer posted:

Yeah, it's mentioned somewhere that the timefall causes the terrain to be like that due to constant high-speed erosion. I wish there were forested areas though, like the one in the north-west of the first map.

It would have been nice to have a few more biomes. I know deserts don't make sense but something like that would have been cool. It's why I wouldn't mind DLC on the moon.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

MeatwadIsGod posted:

It would have been nice to have a few more biomes. I know deserts don't make sense but something like that would have been cool. It's why I wouldn't mind DLC on the moon.

Yeah I wouldn’t have minded if they just made it a miniature America, so each zone could have interesting biomes. Deserts and canyons in the southwest, thick woods in the east, and so on

Iceland owns too though, so I guess I can’t complain

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

When does Mads say ribs?

Mads never says ribs.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

I’m having a poo poo of a time getting the fifth star on Lake Knot City. Reddit says that that one is just a pain to finish, but does anyone here have any tips on it? I made a huge premium delivery, S-ranked, and got a sliver of a star. Is there some kind of progression I need to do there?

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

Kin posted:

Also, will they always have an order you have to bring back to them? Or do you have to rely on there being an order to go there from another prepper?

Not always. They'll eventually get more of that type if you deliver their other standard orders, but it can take a while.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

How do you get the achievements for getting S Legend rank on x number of deliveries? I’ve got dozens of S deliveries and no trophies. Playing on Normal.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Colonel Whitey posted:

I’m having a poo poo of a time getting the fifth star on Lake Knot City. Reddit says that that one is just a pain to finish, but does anyone here have any tips on it? I made a huge premium delivery, S-ranked, and got a sliver of a star. Is there some kind of progression I need to do there?

The tip is to just keep doing deliveries, but focus on ones that offer on the order of hundreds of likes as a baseline. Usually there are massive deliveries offered from other cities or distribution centers. Just keep doing those.

As an aside, cities and distribution centers in general are much harder to max out than prepper shelters. Something on the order of 5 times more by my experience. Just bear that in mind.

Ice Fist fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Nov 27, 2019

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Ice Fist posted:

The tip is to just keep doing deliveries, but focus on ones that offer on the order of hundreds of likes as a baseline. Usually these are massive deliveries offered from other cities or distribution centers. Just keep doing those.

As an aside, cities and distribution centers in general are much harder to max out than prepper shelters. Something on the order of 5 times more by my experience. Just bear that in mind.

Yeah that delivery I did got me like 300 likes but barely moved the needle. For regular preppers that’s usually enough for a full star or more. Sucks that the game has such a grindy element but ok, thanks

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

How do you get the achievements for getting S Legend rank on x number of deliveries? I’ve got dozens of S deliveries and no trophies. Playing on Normal.

Make sure you are doing premium deliveries. You also need to have 10 legends rating or higher for every delivery category aka cargo condition, quantity, cargo delivery, timed delivery(look at the icon type).

But if you are going for plat, you should just set the difficulty to hard because that's the only way you can get the Legends of Legends rating and you need to get 20 in each of the 4 categories for another trophy.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
You can check your legend of legends progress in Options>BridgeLink>Select Your PSN Name[SpongeBobClit420]>Orders Tab

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Weird things I’ve witnessed:

1: a truck that was in the driveway of a distribution center suddenly had black tar appear under it, and was dragged under by a bunch of white BT’s. Is this how vehicles get “disposed of”...?

2: what is this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTcfCJqFm8w

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Anybody besides David Hayter not over acting is the outlier in a Kojima game. And Hayters not even immune, he just has a character voice that makes it difficult by default to lean into stuff as hard as everyone else.

he gives it his best loving shot though

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

I saw that once too, in just about the same place. I think it's an effect that plays when other players' dropped cargo spawns into your world? Though it's baffling that they would make such an attention-grabbing visual instead of just quietly placing it there.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Yinlock posted:

he gives it his best loving shot though

Oh absolutely.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Kin posted:

Did you happen to have any decent shared network ziplines to help you?

I've just started building mine out and it took more than I was happy with to get over the forest and to the wind farm.

I think my positioning might be off between the first city and the first outpost too because I couldn't quite get it to fit with just 4 ziplines.

I'll edit my post in a few minutes with my network

Spoiler: out of context ENDGAME spoiler

Spoilering because there is a text spoiler from the ENDGAME

The ? are from where there was a zipline but is probably destroyed from timefall

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Nov 27, 2019

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
The performances felt to me like everyone had a completely different idea of what the game was supposed to be. Troy Baker thought he was a typical campy MGS villain like Liquid Snake, Norman Reedus thought he was Norman Reedus, Lea Sydoux and the Amelie character thought they were in TV soaps, Mama and DieHardman were typical phoned in video game performances and Mads

well Mads was just really awesome

(I'm only up to chapter 5)

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
The guy playing Heartman was doing really good work too, his characterization of that kind of scientific, curious person and someone who's adapted to living with a disability really came across to me. And he nailed his real dramatic beach/family scene too.

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
also what the gently caress was the deal with

chapter 4 spoilers (Chiral Artist and the Junk Dealer)

The reunion between the Chiral Artist and the Junk Dealer was great- it was actually really touching! Love in the wasteland! You haven't even interacted with a non-holographic person in days and then you see true love

buuuut then for some reason the actress playing the Chiral Artist is just an extremely limited english speaker. The character isn't even written as a poor english speaker, it's just for some reason a very Japanese lady saying things that sound completely unnatural for her level of fluency.

Very Kojima thing to do get 95% of the way to creating a touching moment that we rarely see in games then loving it up with a totally bizarre unforced error

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

dodgeblan posted:

The reunion between the Chiral Artist and the Junk Dealer was great- it was actually really touching! Love in the wasteland! You haven't even interacted with a non-holographic person in days and then you see true love

buuuut then for some reason the actress playing the Chiral Artist is just an extremely limited english speaker. The character isn't even written as a poor english speaker, it's just for some reason a very Japanese lady saying things that sound completely unnatural for her level of fluency.

Very Kojima thing to do get 95% of the way to creating a touching moment that we rarely see in games then loving it up with a totally bizarre unforced error

That’s not the end of that story...keep an eye on your emails

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

dodgeblan posted:

I'm betting that this was a test run for the equipment and tech that they didn't want to toss. The dude is also not really anyone special, and the story's kind of randomly in there with fully captured cutscenes where like, no other prepper has that setup.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

https://twitter.com/KojiPro2015_EN/status/1199704601471127552

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Yeah the chiral artist was noticeably not very good. I assumed she's someone famous for something other than acting

I didn't think mama was phoned in though

Lanth
Jun 15, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

Steve Yun posted:

Weird things I’ve witnessed:

2: what is this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTcfCJqFm8w

I think that's actually from when someone you're connected to (just?) died in that location.
Had the same thing happen when I died in some place and connected with the corpses in the seam, but also randomly throughout the world like in your video.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Me too! And 'Remember...' was this Mads talking to Sam directly?? I just thought about this as I was typing, and thought that he might be telling Sam to try to remember that he's his father, but then I remembered he says "I can't remember", so idk.

Amelie endgame spoilers" why does Bridget wear the mask Die Hardman wears most of the game in the cutscenes when she's talking to Cliff? Is it because people know about Amelie, or is it just Kojima going bonkers with the mask metaphor? Speaking of, when Fragile gives Sam the mask and says 'I brought you a metaphor', I was so dumbfounded that I didn't really think about the actual mask, I was just thinking about how stupid that line, as well as several others during that part of the game were. But I loved the ending, regardless of Sam and Fragile saying 'I'm Fragile, but not that fragile' in unison and ruining any sense of immersion that the of the amazing quality of the cut scenes as well as the acting..

Tommie Earl Jenkins deserves a god darn Oscar for that, talk about a twist ending! Who would have guessed that his performance would end up being maybe the best in the game.

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019

Ainsley McTree posted:

Yeah the chiral artist was noticeably not very good. I assumed she's someone famous for something other than acting

Yeah this was my thought too

either she's a super famous pop star or Kojima's favorite barista

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Ainsley McTree posted:

I thought the Chiral Artist/Junk Dealer arc was pretty cringey.

Mama's chapter though was pretty dope and I also don't think she was phoned in.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Ainsley McTree posted:

She's a model that Kojima follows on twitter

Mufasa Nigel
Jul 8, 2005

Kin posted:

By sleep do you mean just the sitting on the ground sleeping?

I'm doing the 5* cleanup now but those extra preppers are the only ones I've either not started or only have a star in.

I mean rest in private room/prepper that gives you shelter. Seems to be the only thing that gets the new emails sent to you. As for the actual delivery, sometimes yea it's a fetch mission, alot of the time you're heading to other places to find stuff to do for them. If you head to the nearest place in each direction there's bound to be something.

Because I was spamming the private room sleep, I noticed structures deteriorating a gently caress load faster. It definitely speeds up the process, at one point every time I slept 4 new structures were getting ruined. So if you're going around 5 starring everything prepare to have a lot of crystals handy for those zipline repairs. I got hosed over on a timed quest in the mountains due to being stranded.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I'll edit my post in a few minutes with my network

Spoiler: out of context ENDGAME spoiler

Spoilering because there is a text spoiler from the ENDGAME

The ? are from where there was a zipline but is probably destroyed from timefall

Thanks, but after miscalculating things i think i'm done.

I made the mistake of thinking that by upgrading two ziplines i could get them to work 400M apart rather than 300M. Now i've got gaps in my setup and i just can't be arsed fixing it as all the network ziplines in my instance are in really shite places after it took the effort to build them in the first place (especially with the BT areas you have to plonk stuff into in the eastern area).

Just too much effort now, especially with my ziplines in the central area already deteriorating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Dewgy posted:

I'm betting that this was a test run for the equipment and tech that they didn't want to toss.
Sam doesn't utter a single word during that whole detour sequence. And they're practically jumping around him!

homeless snail posted:

She's a model that Kojima follows on twitter
:laffo: