Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Panzeh posted:

Man i sure how you can just mow some assholes down in this game with real guns.

i think there are real guns. they showed some off in some of the earlier trailers.

anyway. i like what i have seen. its basically postman pat with power suits and the post apocalypse with sovereign citizens and death ghosts and also a baby.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Sep 13, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice
The only real gun footage I recall has been Sam blasting dudes in the past.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
All the item descriptions on that footage specify if weapons are lethal or not. So I'd guess you will be able to kill dudes? Maybe it makes the BTs more common if you go around murking everyone.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I hope you can kill people in your game and gently caress up other people's games as a result.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

redreader posted:

I hope you can kill people in your game and gently caress up other people's games as a result.

lol the world tendency approach.

I'd rather invade people as BTs or Homo Demons to gently caress up their game.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I'm at TGS and spotted this tiny QR code on the Sam Bridges figure they have here. Got the best close up I could but I can't get it to work. Any ideas?

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

So there's more gameplay today in an hour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fymZ6AAybMM

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Sep 14, 2019

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Kojima's on stage now

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Just zooming in on Norman Reedus' balls over and over...

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

And yet more piss!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Haha, Kojima was so pleased with that fakeout dream

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Looking forward to my sexy hot pink Bridges bedroom.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

This is like Warframe endgame. Just dicking around in your living space changing colours and taking photos.

e: GRATUITOUS PROMO

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Sep 14, 2019

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

So much piss :piss:

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Bathing in hot piss

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

The gently caress is this game lol. Is Kojima trolling?

Calipark
Feb 1, 2008

That's cool.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

teagone posted:

Nah this is just raw uncut Kojima. Remember like those sequences in MGS4 where snake and otacon are like cooking eggs and poo poo?

Overall the game looks better than I expected, and has some really cool ideas. But I still worry the walking simulator part is gonna get old real fast.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I remember Kojima was desperate to put pissing and making GBS threads into MGS3, only for konami to say no. I guess he finally wants to use the piss mechanics he's been brewing all these years

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
This game is just all of Kojima's favorite stuff all in one place, with all of his favorite people helping him out.

It's Sukiyaki Western Hideo.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

drat, I missed the livestream. Is there a chance to watch it somewhere?

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

tuo posted:

drat, I missed the livestream. Is there a chance to watch it somewhere?

Give it a couple of hours it will probably be on other channels.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

So much piss :piss:

Dare you enter Kojima's magical realm?

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
I'm starting to become convinced this game is an allegory for working for uber eats.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Necrothatcher posted:

Just zooming in on Norman Reedus' balls over and over...
I swear when they datamine his model he's gonna have a doll-like void where his schlong should be

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Necrothatcher posted:

Looking forward to my sexy hot pink Bridges bedroom.

Hell same.

Also, I CANNOT BE STOPPED EVERYONE SHALL BATHE IN MY PISS.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

The animation work is really good. I especially like how Norman leans and puts his hand out to the ground walking up slopes.

Yup.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

teagone posted:

we're literally dealing with Kojima: Ultra Instinct Mode

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1172837421169467397

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
This game is slowly becoming everything I've ever wanted in a Kojima game.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
What even is this game?

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Oldstench posted:

What even is this game?

Not boring.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

This game is going to be a mess but I'm still buying it.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Oldstench posted:

What even is this game?

That’s it. That’s the game.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

:razz: :razz: :razz:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Oldstench posted:

What even is this game?

what is a sunset

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

what is a sunset

Seriously... some of you need to play MGS2 again

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Oldstench posted:

What even is this game?

Post apocalyptic delivery boy simulator.
Also piss

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

So, Deadman appeared to be a hologram, and Geoff Keighley's character is also a hologram.

It could be they're just tele-casting in, but the way Geoff's character talks in the gameplay video... and the fact that you're transporting eggs and sperm to the cities...

like, why would they need eggs and sperm? Supplies to survive makes sense, but why can't they just mate with each other in the city? Unless there's some kind of Children of Men thing going on where women can't get prengant...

I'm guessing that the plot is most people are like AI simulations of people who used to exist? And most of the "cities" are just servers with the souls / AI recordings of people's brains?

And the plot of the game is trying to reboot humanity by using stores of eggs and sperm to build cities of living people?

Is Norman Reedus the last man alive?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Zaphod42 posted:

So, Deadman appeared to be a hologram, and Geoff Keighley's character is also a hologram.

It could be they're just tele-casting in, but the way Geoff's character talks in the gameplay video... and the fact that you're transporting eggs and sperm to the cities...

like, why would they need eggs and sperm? Supplies to survive makes sense, but why can't they just mate with each other in the city? Unless there's some kind of Children of Men thing going on where women can't get prengant...

I'm guessing that the plot is most people are like AI simulations of people who used to exist? And most of the "cities" are just servers with the souls / AI recordings of people's brains?

And the plot of the game is trying to reboot humanity by using stores of eggs and sperm to build cities of living people?

Is Norman Reedus the last man alive?

https://twitter.com/hideo_kojima_en/status/1000913808892686337?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
This game is about connections and linking people together. Everyone we've seen is a hologram. I drew a different conclusion to other people: everyone is in a parallel world so Sam is really alone. The connections he's establishing are to link all of the separated people together from all of the worlds.

But I must have missed something from the trailers. Also what I said doesn't make sense when it comes to the enemies. They're all there and real in Sam's world. But the stuff with the ladders being left from other players does support my theory.