Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I'm going to play the hell out of this this weekend and stream it the whole time. I can't believe I'm this excited about a rerelease

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I'm happy for all you 3 people who own a PS5.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
Man I hope it comes out on PC and it's not a Demons Souls situation where they're trying to get me to buy a PS5, as if I could even get one.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WaltherFeng posted:

I'm happy for all you 3 people who own a PS5.

Related, when can I even buy the upgrade for having the digital PS4 version?

EDIT: I guess you can now

https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/death-stranding-directors-cut-upgrade-new-gen-cost/
https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/death-stranding-directors-cut-costs-an-extra-dollar10-to-upgrade-from-ps4-to-ps5/

Welp all purchased now to install and transfer my save.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Sep 24, 2021

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Does the DC recognize ps4 saves or do I have to transfar them or something?

Edit: here's the answer, so unfortunately will have to install the full PS4 game first, but hey that's way better than saves just not transferring

Eurogamer article posted:

To bring your Death Stranding save over from PS4 to PS5, you need to upload the save to the game's servers. To do that, you must first install Death Stranding's PS4 version.

Whether you do this on the PS4
or through PS5 via backwards compatibility, it doesn't matter. Once it's installed - or if you already have it installed, have made sure it's updated to version 1.13 and above - then open up your save game.

From there, to transfer from Death Stranding on PS4 to PS5, you must:

Make sure you have no Open Orders available
Stand at a Delivery Terminal
Open the System Menu
Select the Export Save Data option

Jolo fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Sep 24, 2021

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jolo posted:

Does the DC recognize ps4 saves or do I have to transfar them or something?

Edit: here's the answer, so unfortunately will have to install the full PS4 game first, but hey that's way better than saves just not transferring

Yeah AND you can't have any active orders. I actually wound up exporting a slightly old (well a few minutes) because I couldn't cancel the order. It also does a bunch of replacing with stuff. There is a really long rear end list of stuff given before you export. Eh I guess I can't complain too much, considering this game and it's online setup is kind of unique.

night slime
May 14, 2014

MazelTovCocktail posted:

There is a really long rear end list of stuff given before you export. Eh I guess I can't complain too much, considering this game and it's online setup is kind of unique.

i was confused but I guess it makes sense with servers being what they are. Here's the list of caveats it gives if anyone's interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGs5Yg0LAtc&t=47s

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

night slime posted:

i was confused but I guess it makes sense with servers being what they are. Here's the list of caveats it gives if anyone's interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGs5Yg0LAtc&t=47s

Yeah, a part of me was like, enemy resets bleh, but yeah I figure transferring this save is a hell of a lot more complex then say Ghosts of Tsushima.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Loaded an endgame (chapter 15) PS4 save on to the PS5 DC and all the trophies popped.

I'm starting a new game anyway, gonna be my third playthru of this game.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Romes128 posted:

Loaded an endgame (chapter 15) PS4 save on to the PS5 DC and all the trophies popped.

I'm starting a new game anyway, gonna be my third playthru of this game.

Yeah I was kind of surprised at first, thinking some weird bug just started unlocking everything, since it was going on for so long.

You know a part of me just wants to restart the game vs playing from Chapter 8 on, mostly just because of how much I know now, then before and how insanely inefficient I was. But I think I'll finish it first since I just setup my first cargo catapult and I can't wait to try it (and other things unlocked mid game and on).

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I figure I'll do all the extra stuff and the new missions on my post-game save and then start fresh. I just have to finish Control first. Nice to see the Half-Life and Cyberpunk stuff is in the DC too, I hadn't heard about that.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
Enjoying enhanced visuals on my new PS5 and new LG.
Disappointed that my carefully crafted zipline network from PS4 is full of holes because most of the players I was strand-contracted with haven't made the jump yet.
Drove someone else's truck uphill and that thing still sucks, so Hideo did preserve his original vision of frustrating deliveries in a grueling world.
I also found someone's holographic mushroom and confirmed the DualSense / haptic feedback works well during urination.

I would like to try the friend feature of DS DC and none of my friends play DS or have a PS5 yet. If you would like to pee on each others' mushrooms, please add me on the play station net work.
Charlie underscore underscore Whiskey
(one word, no spaces obv)

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

CharlieWhiskey posted:

Enjoying enhanced visuals on my new PS5 and new LG.
Disappointed that my carefully crafted zipline network from PS4 is full of holes because most of the players I was strand-contracted with haven't made the jump yet.
Drove someone else's truck uphill and that thing still sucks, so Hideo did preserve his original vision of frustrating deliveries in a grueling world.
I also found someone's holographic mushroom and confirmed the DualSense / haptic feedback works well during urination.

I would like to try the friend feature of DS DC and none of my friends play DS or have a PS5 yet. If you would like to pee on each others' mushrooms, please add me on the play station net work.
Charlie underscore underscore Whiskey
(one word, no spaces obv)

Added you, I'm CowmanIII

Edit: Anyone who also wants to pee on mushrooms with me please feel free to add me.

Cowman fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Sep 24, 2021

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I'm ServiceProvider.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I think they changed the way timefall effects cargo? The ingame tip seems to indicate that timefall will destroy the container but the cargo itself will only take damage if you drop it after the container's been ruined.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Augus posted:

I think they changed the way timefall effects cargo? The ingame tip seems to indicate that timefall will destroy the container but the cargo itself will only take damage if you drop it after the container's been ruined.

That's how it's always worked.

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Augus posted:

That's how it was when i played a few months ago also

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

DoubleT2172 posted:

That's how it was when i played a few months ago also

huh, could've sworn timefall destroyed the cargo inside the container too but I guess I'm just misremembering

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Augus posted:

huh, could've sworn timefall destroyed the cargo inside the container too but I guess I'm just misremembering

you are definitely misremembering

anyone else wants to add me for PS5 buddies im SpaceCowLTD

Payment Day
May 12, 2018

by Hand Knit
Everything's true, except for all the lies.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyone wants to piss on my stuff on PS5 its LHutzEsq

night slime
May 14, 2014
https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1441697501992476674

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

I spent a couple of hours on this when it first came out, and it didn't quite click. I'm trying again now it's on PS5 and I'm just sort of slightly bewildered. Is there anything particular I should keep in mind, it is it literally just Go Places?

My main issues are getting over the "I must collect everything I see" thing, having no idea what Likes do, and having absolutely no clue what I'm supposed to do around BTs. Whenever they're around it seems to automatically be a "you are in goop now" scenario with no rhyme or reason to it.

I had a look at the beforeiplay entry for it, but I worry that I'm starting at a step below even that...

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Flint_Paper posted:

I spent a couple of hours on this when it first came out, and it didn't quite click. I'm trying again now it's on PS5 and I'm just sort of slightly bewildered. Is there anything particular I should keep in mind, it is it literally just Go Places?

My main issues are getting over the "I must collect everything I see" thing, having no idea what Likes do, and having absolutely no clue what I'm supposed to do around BTs. Whenever they're around it seems to automatically be a "you are in goop now" scenario with no rhyme or reason to it.

I had a look at the beforeiplay entry for it, but I worry that I'm starting at a step below even that...

There's too much stuff laying around to collect it all, just pick up what's in your path and entrust it to other players if the destination is out of your way. Likes increase your bridge link and you get tons from playing, don't worry about farming them. BTs, watch your shoulder sensor, it will change behavior the closer you get to BTs so steer a path to avoid them and you won't get slimed. Hold your breath and crouch to be harder to detect and use the gas mask when you get it.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Midjack posted:

There's too much stuff laying around to collect it all, just pick up what's in your path and entrust it to other players if the destination is out of your way. Likes increase your bridge link and you get tons from playing, don't worry about farming them. BTs, watch your shoulder sensor, it will change behavior the closer you get to BTs so steer a path to avoid them and you won't get slimed. Hold your breath and crouch to be harder to detect and use the gas mask when you get it.

What is the benefit of the gas mask? I had it and never noticed a BT benefit, although admittedly I rarely used it so far.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

MazelTovCocktail posted:

What is the benefit of the gas mask? I had it and never noticed a BT benefit, although admittedly I rarely used it so far.

It makes your breathing even quieter than holding your breath does. Someone had to tell me that too, I didn't discover it on my own.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Is the gas mask a director's cut thing?

EDIT: Ignore me, it was easily google-able but also staying vague, a somewhat late game acquisition.

Snuffman fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Sep 26, 2021

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Flint_Paper posted:

BTs are supposed to be scary and difficult to deal with early on - the game throws them directly in your path and at the start of the game you have very few tools for dealing with them.

Iirc the game never outright tells you exactly how the odradek's behaviour relates to BT proximity - I'll spoiler it if you want to figure it out yourself.

Gentle flapping - BTs in area but not close, walk
Rapid flapping - BTs close by, crouch walk
Spinning - BT on top of you, hold breath and crouch walk

If you do this and ensure that you're always walking away from the closest BT (the odradek will point to it) you should be able to slowly navigate your way through them. I think if you send out a pulse to make them visible their last known locations are marked on the map as well.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
Also, the game may tell you this and I just missed it, but it took me ages to realize that if you stand still, the BTs become visible. They don't tend to move unless something catches their attention so taking a moment to pause and see where you need to go is very helpful for getting through them.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

This is all super helpful. Thanks folks!

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Honestly you just need sweat, piss, and poo poo to deal with BTs. I don't even sneak. Just run straight through, get spotted and hurl down a ex grenade at your feet and run for it.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyone see any of the places in the mountains we can build roads yet? I do see indicates of a route east of Mountain Knot City, but I don’t see any auto pavers in the region. Perhaps I need to connect someone to the chiral network?

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Anyone see any of the places in the mountains we can build roads yet? I do see indicates of a route east of Mountain Knot City, but I don’t see any auto pavers in the region. Perhaps I need to connect someone to the chiral network?

I have them all completed as of yesterday.

The auto pavers are there, but you need to stumble across them before they appear on your map.

Could take a screenshot if it’s useful, but the easiest way to start is to hang a left just as you’re about to enter Mountain Knot City and then keep right of the columns as you approach the mountains.

The road does a lot of twisting and turning, but eventually exits the mountains near the Weather Station and then goes to the Distribution Center South of Lake Knot City, IIRC.

Insanite fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Sep 26, 2021

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Insanite posted:

I have them all completed as of yesterday.

The auto pavers are there, but you need to stumble across them before they appear on your map.

Could take a screenshot if it’s useful, but the easiest way to start is to hang a left just as you’re about to enter Mountain Knot City and then keep right of the columns as you approach the mountains.

The road does a lot of twisting and turning, but eventually exits the mountains near the Weather Station and then goes to the Distribution Center South of Lake Knot City, IIRC.

Actually a screen shot would be amazing, just for getting my bearings and all. I did find a video of the route on Reddit, but the image of the map was only briefly on screen.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Actually a screen shot would be amazing, just for getting my bearings and all. I did find a video of the route on Reddit, but the image of the map was only briefly on screen.

Here's one attempt:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Insanite posted:

Here's one attempt:

That’s perfect! Funny enough I found my first piece a little while ago. Man even partially put together it works well.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Honestly, a road to the Weather Station is more impressive than a road through the mountains

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

Flint_Paper posted:

This was 100% my experience in the early game after release and I almost gave up. I cratered in Wind Farm and I was not sure what the point of the game was. Once I got increasingly cool grenades and weapons, BTs slowed me down but were largely a speedbump on my way to delivering toys or whatever to Conan O'Brien. I ignore lost cargo unless I am close to a delivery point or it is on my way. Early-to-mid game I still grabbed chiral crystals if it wasn't too far off my walking path.

I still laugh/groan when I see someone with a bridge on flat ground over nothing in the middle of nowhere with 800,000 likes while my crucially placed timefall shelters, charging stations, and ziplines have a few hundred or a few thousand likes.

Does anyone know how to drift on Fragile Circuit or other roads? Have I been driving wrong since release?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

A lot of nonsensical bridges are placed on common drag routes to a BT boss fight so whenever someone gets dragged into the tar and whisked to the boss fight area their transit will generate a like for the structure owner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm upset that I haven't seen a ladder placed outside the starting area where the tutorial tip pops up. I placed one down out of respect.