Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

ZZZorcerer posted:

:hmmyes:

It’ll be cool if every face is someone mocaped, even if they don’t use the same voice. All ~ real faces

Didn’t some Japanese dev had some idea of using the same characters in different games like they’re actors ?

They should do this with the Yakuza characters and their voice actors. Instead of making a Fist of the North Star game, make a Fist of the North Star game with the Yakuza characters playing the FotNS characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Blind Rasputin posted:

The Verge review was well written. Good game, epic story with more questions left unanswered than Lost. But boring. Clunky. And I get the impression they weren’t the happiest about all the crazy unanswered plot points. There is a ton of just...walking. Very detailed walking game. The takeaway seem like you’re only going to enjoy it and even finish it if you’re really obsessed enough to get past the boredom and all it asks of you.

I was actually going to buy a PS4 if this was really good, and I’m not a cynic I love story driven epic games like this, but it is a very hard wait and see for me now.

I'm in the same camp. What's kinda funny is that with all that we saw of the game ahead of time, it sounds like exactly what was advertised, I just kept having this hope that there would be a little more to the game and that the gameplay itself would be engaging (which is impossible to get from just marketing videos).

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Steve2911 posted:

IGN saying the world and story are great but the gameplay is boring.

Eurogamer saying the gameplay is great but the sci fi nonsense drags it down.

I like boring games and sci fi nonsense so sounds like I'll enjoy it. :shrug:

I might get this as a podcast game or something, I'm a spaz and I can't enjoy just sitting down and delivering packages. I wish there was a demo where you could try the core gameplay for like 1 hour.

Agent Escalus posted:

I'll be curious if Kojima takes the post-launch feedback from players and critics and makes use of patches to alter aspects of the gameplay, like the way fast travel is implemented, or being able to toggle aspects of the multiplayer help/construction system (as both are detailed in the IGN review)... or if he sticks to his "vision", irregardless of what the responses turn out to be in the next month.

I find this very unlikely and besides, the game is what it is, he will not and can not patch the gameplay loop to be different.