Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
I’ve managed to not watch much of the stuff beyond the Guillermo del toro trailer other than knowing you have ladders and maybe some delivery stuff. I’m getting this game either way. Should I watch the launch trailer or is it really spoilery?

Also in that early trailer it had a lot of WW1 imagery that I don’t think has popped back up since (well I haven’t seen it in the few screens here and there I’ve seen, maybe there is heaps of it!) is this aesthetic still in the game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
So I’m pretty blind on this game but I love me some mgs and Kojima madness. I know there’s some other world dimension poo poo and exploring and some people say it’s boring but if it’s atmospheric I’m all in.

That said I’m terrible at open world games and paralyse and think I’m missing out on anything. Anyone got some real early “before I play” style hints that are non spoilery? Or should I probably not worry too much?

Can’t loving wait!

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
When you have the BB plugged in the stealth bits, how are you meant to really go through them? I’ve only done a couple but I felt I just stumbled through crouching moving slowly, holding my breath, and when I ran out of breath just waited a few seconds still until I could again. There didn’t seem to be much rhyme or reason to where I went. Did I get lucky? Is the orange attachment where the BTs are coming from or where I should be going?

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
So odd request, is there a decent resource for some of the lore stuff to read that also doesn’t spoil stuff / story elements for later?

Loving it so far and great atmosphere but chiral this and blood or ash that and I just want to read a bit so I’m understanding a bit more.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
I rocked up somewhere and went to deliver the stuff I wanted only to find it wasn’t on me. I didn’t crash or fall over. Is there a way to find my poo poo :(

Also I’m about to take a mission in chapter two to port knot city where they are giving me gamey type warnings about “you’ll be going across a lake after this- make sure you do what you need to!” But I still have some missions open, notably a mission where I’m meant to fight a BT (I think to test the blood Grenades- I still haven’t seen a BT yet other than the floating thing, like I haven’t been caught)

How serious is that? Should I mop up a bunch of missions around first?

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Just got to chapter three. Loving it so far. Love plotting out my runs.

I do feel like I’m missing something with BTs though. I purposefully got caught by one which was cool and let myself trigger a void out, but other than that it seems quite easy to avoid? Hold breath, crouch, blood grenade? Am I being too cautious? Should I have been fighting them a lot or is that like saying “why haven’t I had more alerts in mgs?”

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
How do I request others to upgrade my structures? I remember it telling me and I can see the tool tip in my data section- just don’t know how to do it :/

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
I’m only on chapter three so trying to avoid spoilers. Early on I got caught by a BT and died triggering a void out.

Separately from that I read that it’s sometimes easier to fight a BT and win to just get past an area. I went back to the first map and near but not really close to the void out I had ages ago I purposefully let a BT catch up to me, and then pull me down into the black puddle. I thought that was where then the big BT monster would come out. But nothing happened and I essentially got a game over and reloaded my save.

My BB was going red the whole time, I’m not sure if that made a difference. How do you actually get the monster to come out so you can fight it on purpose?

Also once you do do you have to use blood grenades or will your poo poo piss and sweat ones also do?

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
So I’m just in chapter 4?

i just got to mountain knot city and they told me to go jump. Ok fair enough. Then I got an email saying go see mama. I’m assuming she’ll help out or I’ll need to bring her there.

I have the ziplines now but the couple I’ve built have just disappeared and I haven’t noticed as many in the world. Also I havent noticed the roads expanding like they had before. That said...I’m not exactly helping donate to them. Is there a link between you helping this stuff and others popping in? Also I want to set up a bunch of ziplines from mountain knot to the roboticist to the weather station but how do I get them not dying quickly from time fall? Just hope for others to upgrade?

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Just got to chapter six-
got my BB taken away :(
I was thinking of trying to do some of the optional missions to get more stuff and build more connections. Obviously for the moment I have no BB so I’ll probably play for a bit more before doing that but is there a specific point where i should be doing that more?

A couple of quick questions along the way-

1. During the boss fight outside mamas, I threw some blood grenades and damaged it a fair bit but then it seemed like I was throwing them and they were exploding right in front of me and making Sam cough and fall a bit. I don’t understand why. It seemed to not happen after a while but like a good like 5 grenades had this happen.

2. Why did mama die I am stupid

3. HOW DO I GET MORE LIKES GODDAMNIT

4. How do the auto pavers work. Should I try to place my own or should I just ferry materials to ones I see. And like does it just make a road go from lake knot down on that second map? My road goes down to just north of the distro centre and I don’t know where I should be adding materials to

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
I just started chapter 8. When does the story start to kick in for the end? I saw some saying the ending takes a few hours. I just wanna know when I should put some actual time away.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Ending spoilers

So who is Lou then? Just a random BB? And the flashbacks we just assumed were us seeing hers but it was her seeing ours?

Is there a good timeline for how everything happened? I feel like i can’t get my head around when things happened (like were BBs created before the death stranding?)

Loved the game. I feel Kojima as always could pace himself better but goddamn it feels good to see him be able to cut loose on a game. I would almost like to see something smaller in scope next time though. More narratively. I felt MGS3 was great for that (MGS1 also but since it was his first foray into real cinematic stuff then idk)

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Re: the story I saw someone point out it was a lot at the start and end with nothing in between.

I loved the game and the world but yeah the story was a little all over the place

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
With ps5 is the 4k mode on pro an uncapped framerate? Or locked to 30? Wondering if I take this for a spin on ps5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
So I didn’t explain very well but basically even if he doesn’t patch it there is a chance.

For example if a game runs at unlocked before then it’ll just max out at 60fps. But if the developer locked it to 30 before the ps5 can’t go away from that.

So I wonder is it locked 30 currently or can it go above. Otherwise it will need that patch