Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

edgar_ posted:

I keep thinking about this question as I play through this game for the first time. I read this piece a few days ago and can’t stop thinking about it. Nothing to add besides quotes that struck me

https://www.pastemagazine.com/games/death-stranding/death-stranding-and-america/
For some reason this reminds me of some story I half remember where some anime director (I want to say Anno?) went on a trip to America and he landed somewhere in the midwest I think- he got off the plane and was completely struck by how the landscape was flat/expansive to the point that he could see clean to the horizon which looked miles and miles away. This actually kind of disturbed him and he noted how you couldn't write a scenario where someone flees from anyone in this setting because you could just see them from anywhere, forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU