Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

it looks like a stupid game for crazy people, so i want it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

it seriously is a game devised by a lunatic who was previously held back by a corporate team that had to frequently say "Hey, rear end in a top hat, stop loving around down there".

the only thing i could think of that would turn me off of "FedEx Hell Walker's Misadventures in Babysitting: A Hideo Kojima Joint: The Game" is if the controls are super fucky and broken.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

by then, the country will actually resemble death stranding's brutal, decimated landscapes

Kojima is a true visionary

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Necrothatcher posted:

My body data has been scanned and I will be appearing as rock formation 87b.

ill be sure to put a sign there saying "this rock sucks" :xd:

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Look Sir Droids posted:

You should pee on it/him instead.

i will have the sign also read "this rock is a thirsty boy"

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Zikan posted:

Signs are entirely pictures so you can communicate with anyone in the world :)

kojima ruined my trolling efforts before the game is even available. how devious of him!

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

If you get this game day one and do not like it, then give it to me.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Digital pre-order, gotta come over to my house :getin:

I will bring snacks

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

I'm here to drink Monster and fall on my rear end. And I'm all out of rear end

haunted bong fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Nov 5, 2019

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

1stGear posted:

Kojima and Yoko Taro are the horniest people in the games industry, but Yoko Taro wouldn't get caught dead making the Quiet tweet.

And to be clear, I mean that if people called Taro out on making a character design like Quiet, his response would be "yeah I like rear end and tiddies what of it"

any man who wears that mask clearly possesses some powerful horny energy

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Seemlar posted:

If you've forgotten that's exactly what Kojima did, and that tweet was a followup he made after getting dogpiled for it. It's just a weirdly translated "there's a plot reason for it too, guys"

"lookit dem titties" is a plot point in kojimaland

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

You freaks are going to make Loss and Dickbutt out of old rubble and pylons and it’s going to be completely unhelpful and maybe even obstructive to my humble journey

god willing

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

i fully expect this game to suck poo poo but yet i cannot help myself, i still want to play it, if only to watch sam "norman the postman reedus" porter bridges fall down a cliff repeatedly

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

TheMostFrench posted:

To be fair the first half hour of the game is like: Kojima productions, a game by hideo kojima, did we mention hideo kojima?

Hideo Kojima Presents, a Hideo Kojima Productions Game, Death Stranding, a Hideo Kojima Joint.

Hideo.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Playstation store download speeds suck rear end and butt

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Trickyblackjack posted:

Why not have this game take place in actual Iceland/Ireland if you want to ape this kind of landscape? The map scale would make more sense as well. If Kojima wanted his game to look "surreal" and "alien", why not actually create a surreal and alien landscape instead of aping something that actually exists? (not to mention that describing the countryside of another country as alien is a bit weird).
Does this game really need to take place in the US? Does the theme of connectivity only apply to the American experience? Does Kojima see Iceland as too backwater? That it doesn't have ads or the internet? Is he cynical about Americans being uninterested in his weird game if it doesn't take place in the US?

imho he's dunking on americans and our incessant need to hate each other for both valid reasons, and for the dumbest fuckin inconsequential poo poo imaginable

hence why sam "reedus and the fetus" porter needs to RECONNECT america

because death has left them stranded. stranding. idk im hungover

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

re: the landscape

idk it rains time and maybe that helped the hellscape fracked landscape we call earth get all hosed up and look like a toddlers lego play area? maybe nanomachines???

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

homeless snail posted:

*chiralmachines

notes from Kojima Productions whiteboard: "chiral = nano but dead and spooky?!"

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

The first story mission where you deliver Dead President Mom to a mountain incinerator to get roasted and then spooky bois appear owns. I failed it though cuz I dicked around in a river.

Game is dumb as gently caress and I love it

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

a real oversight with this game: you dont get extra likes for doing sicknasty bmx tricks on your trike and invariably driving off a cliff, dooming the jizz bottles you have to "deliver"

United Cities of America? more like United Cities of Fuckin Nerds.

e: no it doesnt matter that the aforementioned sicknasty trick was done while i got disoriented and ended up further away from my destination, it still matters.

haunted bong fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Nov 9, 2019

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

bewilderment posted:

OK so:
Blood grenades: Kill BTs
Poopoo grenades: Nailing a BT with one lets you see their footprints all the time, which is scary the first time you use it because you think they've found you
Peepee grenades: Make BTs slowly walk away from where you threw it? Hard to tell, they do a weird wiggly runny animation
Gamer Boy Bathwater: I have no idea what this does.

Reedus Water makes them move a bit, afaik. Really not worth it imho

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

My only complaint is that the menus are loving garbage.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

also dont know if this is common knowledge but if you press L3 on bike, you go way faster

and then if you press X, you jump the bike

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

tuo posted:

Yeah, that's why I'm curious if you actually create a creater if you die to the BT miniboss, and that might be a reason why they drag you to a certain spot instead of fighting you where they catch you. (or if you simply die and the game asks you to load the last save)

Also: whenever Kojima talked about the social aspect of this game, I thought "yeah, blabla, hype/marketing talk" but I have to say I never witnessed an experience as with this game, where I actually bring stuff with me (that makes the game slower/more cumbersome for me) simply to create stuff for other players while I'm on the way. It's absolutely awesome, and I can totally see myself playing the game after finishing the story simply to maintain and/or build stuff for other players.

It also introduced me to cool new bands I didn't know before, and allthough every low roar song sounds the same to me somehow, they all are good and I think I need an album from them.

afaik you dont voidout

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

Games are just pushing your thumbs and fingers around to make tv graphics change

:hmmyes:

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

Last night I just decided to beat the hell out of any MULES that came my way. After I cleared them out I got a message that the area was going to be clear of them for other players for a while too. That's pretty cool.

i like to pack an extra ladder in my hand and just go to town beatin the poo poo outta MULEs.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Meshka posted:

I found that 9/10 it can be doable on a bike. In the end I just started booking it through and only once I got caught in the tar with the bike.

if im not doing a time-sensitive mission, i just park my vehicle, unload anything i dont want wrecked on it, and let them capture me.

then i gently caress up the catcher :getin:

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Otter hat let's you barrel roll in the water

Goty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

you don't need ziplines at all until chapter 6 and i would not recommend building any more until that point. ziplines are for high-elevation areas where vehicles have trouble reaching, and that doesn't apply to the eastern half of the map

and any roads that are actually on the chiral network should get at least some help with materials. don't build roads until you've established network coverage in those areas

counterpoint: ziplines fuckin rule