Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Dapper_Swindler posted:

this. the problem with 4 was all the hype built up around it after the story conclusion of 2 and how deep 3 mechanic wise. instead it was kinda all over the place. DS being a new IP doesn't have to worry about that stuff. it can be as weird as it wants and people want that.

4 was just a product of all the advancements from the 2 previous games. Near-insta camo change and over the shoulder shooting. One of the biggest time wasters of 3 was changing your camo over and over. Which was pretty sweet but it did take time to adjust. 2 and 3 had the delayed shifting into first person mode to shoot while 4 had over the shoulder which was pretty much superior(looking up things about Subsistance and apparently had the first version of this but I never used it).

4 felt pretty simple to complete no kills/no alerts, pretty much from playing Substance and Subsistance. I would really have to give more credit to Substance training MGS gameplay, with all the optional missions.

Still consider 3/4 the pinnacle of the series. 4 said it best, "The world would be better without snakes". Kojima just had to make 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

redreader posted:

Oh. I clean forgot my most important point. Part of the NDA / review agreement said: "if you review this game you absolutely are expected to have completed it"

I hate how sometimes games are reviewed only over the first hour.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
How close is it to the game?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRqxgbuJ_DA