Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

CJacobs posted:

My brain has unlocked a new dumb MGS5-rear end technique for defeating MULEs. Stick a bunch of remote electric bombs on the back of a truck, put some cargo in it and hop in. Drive it to your local MULE camp and hop out, maybe taunt them to call them over. One guy will come over and jack the truck and drive it back to their buddies. They'll all swarm around it and start yanking cargo out to take it to the postbox. This of course is when you activate the bombs. :haw:

This owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

CJacobs posted:

Ropes fired from the bola gun are the same as Sam's strand but other than that not really. (late game spoiler) The strand can bind Higgs and immobilize him, though, which it probably can only do because it's made from Sam's blood given his teleportation and such.

Oh really? How do you pull that off? I tried a couple of times and he always seemed to get me before I could sneak up to him

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

skooma512 posted:

About to start the endgame, on chapter 8. Got all the roads built but no cheevo or anything. I was going to :five: everyone in the East but itís its own network and thereís no unlocks I want out there. I threw all my cargo in the river because I was getting annoyed with the BTs, donated the rest of my poo poo and left. I probably will just get the Santa hat from the first prepper and power through the endgame before I get bored and drop the game.

Itís a super good game. Iím probably going to buy a Bridges sticker and put it on my guitar.

I was also upset there was no achievement for completing the road network. It really feels like there should have been one, it's a serious undertaking.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

On the combat, I loved that the game gave you insanely effective lethal weapons and then immediately punishes you severely for using them. It really drives home the point that humans can't afford to be killing each other in this future when you have to dispose of literally every body you create.

I never got a voidout in my game, does it actually create a crater in the game world?

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Oh jesus NOW they add that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

RudeCat posted:

Yeah I've tried getting deliveries for some of them and "losing" it along traveled areas and such to give people more clues that they're out there.

That's such a cool idea and really plays into the way the game develops community. I love it.