Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Who do you think the baby is? Or maybe is it babies are? Maybe the funky fetus was (inside of) us all along?

Dunno what it is but I think the purpose of the babies is to of course detect the shadow monsters, but also to become a sacrifice for the Voidfall. I think gameplay-wise itíll kinda work like losing your souls in Dark Souls: You lose your baby(souls) when you die and have to find a new one(retrieve your souls) or else your next death will be game over(youíll lose the souls permanently).
And it looks like each death leaves a huge crater with ďstrandsĒ coming out where you died, and it seems you can see other playerís craters too? Thereís some sort of vague connection with other players.

Basically what Iím saying is this game is like a combination of Journey and Dark Souls, with a bit of Breath of the Wild.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 10:20 on May 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

Skeletron posted:

AFAIK Amazon doesn't charge for pre-orders until the fetus ships.

This has gotta be the new thread title.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

WaltherFeng posted:

What are the chances that Death Stranding has a fishing minigame.

Because I would love that poo poo. I should replay FFXV just for the fishing.

Have we seen any live animals in the trailers? They might all be extinct at this point. Well, there were the dead sea animals in the first trailer so maybe theyíre the only ones who survived.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

Donovan Trip posted:

Maybe I'm misreading the videos but the crows look like they follow you and maybe help you? As far as animal chat, we saw very lively sealife when he's teleported underwater in the 2017 trailer, including living whales. But who knows what's even going on there.

Maybe the "other side" is connected to the ocean and sealife somehow, like the Void in Dishonored.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

Gripweed posted:

No, the only source for that is the inaccurate and error-ridden Metal Gear Solid 4 Database. There is nothing in the games to suggest that he switched arms between 2 and 4. It was always a robot arm

The MGS4 database is official though, regardless of if there are errors in it. And Iím pretty sure it was explicitly said that the robot arm happened between 2 and 4.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

Adaptabullshit posted:

According to Stefanie Joosten, the model who was the face for Quiet, Kojima had asked her to play Fragile in DS and then never followed up.

https://youtu.be/J5Grr35FwnI

Hopefully he just forgot, 'cause that's pretty lovely.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

Elephant Ambush posted:

Man that would suck to die every 21 minutes. What if I'm taking a dump or something? How do you sleep? Can't go out to dinner with friends or anything cause welp gonna peace out between the salad and soup courses and gross everyone out. What a bummer of a life/death.

"Most of life's basic functions fit rather easily into a 21-minute timeslot..."

I don't think going out to dinner with friends is really an issue in that world. I am really curious how he sleeps though, he even says it's a problem.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

David D. Davidson posted:

I'm going to make it a goal to piss on everything I possibly can.

I bet this will be a trophy

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

Nah, they actually explain things in this game. The trailers have only been confusing because we had no context.

Except the baby giving a thumbs up. There's no explanation for that.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

Donovan Trip posted:

Leaked cellphone footage of some behind the curtains death stranding stuff- 7 minutes from the start of the game. https://streamable.com/mjddp

I can't tell if it's the bad quality or if Normal Reedus really mumbles that much. Some of his lines were complete gibberish.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

90% of that gameplay is going to be travelling isnt it

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

this stupid game is gonna be so good.

"They're homo demons, they have no issue using anything to get what they want, even causing void outs"

what the gently caress even are you saying game??? I'm gonna play you and love this stupid poo poo but what even are you???

Homo Demens, and as far I can tell void outs are the big explosion that happens after the BTs capture a live person. There seems to be a multiplayer aspect to it so you'll probably see craters around the game where other players have died.

By the way, looks like the guy who appears on the truck in the TGS 2017 trailer is one of the Demens. I guess they won't necessarily be antagonists.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Sep 12, 2019

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

Colonel Whitey posted:

Boy Kojima sure loves dudes with skulls for faces doesnít he

Best part is the Troy Baker character that has a skull mask has another mask under it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

So Heartman's Soul is on the beach but Amelie's Body is on the beach. I wonder how that all works

Amelie seemed to imply Sam was similar to her too. Maybe his Heart is on the beach?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

They briefly showed the world map and it was the entire USA...

EDIT: Looks like stuff players leave behind has a like system, kinda like Dark Souls messages? I guess the more liked something is the longer it'll stick around ingame or something?
EDIT2: I think the gameplay is going to be very divisive.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Sep 12, 2019

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

^^^ It's a health monitor

Kojima has good taste in music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8MLKuc4Rxc

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

Panzeh posted:

Man i sure how you can just mow some assholes down in this game with real guns.

Can you though? They only showed using the bola gun on humans.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

I think itís just an isolation thing, everyone is shut up in their private bunkers because theyíre afraid to go outside.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

I'm not really sure you can call a stick "invented"

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

Gologle posted:

what does that mean kojima

kojima what does that mean

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN

I'm not sure what possible reason there could be for actually going to the moon so maybe the other side is connected to it somehow.

Basically what I'm saying is the ending will be this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6jMRfv154s#t=35s

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

This trailer could easily be a UPS/Fedex/Amazon commercial.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

I feel like the gameplay is going to be really divisive if a significant chunk of it really is just travelling and delivering cargo.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

teacup posted:

Iíve managed to not watch much of the stuff beyond the Guillermo del toro trailer other than knowing you have ladders and maybe some delivery stuff. Iím getting this game either way. Should I watch the launch trailer or is it really spoilery?

Also in that early trailer it had a lot of WW1 imagery that I donít think has popped back up since (well I havenít seen it in the few screens here and there Iíve seen, maybe there is heaps of it!) is this aesthetic still in the game?

I'd recommend watching one of the gameplay stuff so you have an idea of what the actual game is, since it may not be something you're into.

And the answer to your second question is yes.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Nov 1, 2019

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

Uh they were explicitly saying they didn't want to be spoiled

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

Yep, sounds about what I expected. It's a FedEx simulator.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

https://twitter.com/minsc09/status/1190180835225415681?s=20

Hmm, I wonder what those lower reviewed games have in common...He's a Microsoft shill

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

Rotten Red Rod posted:

There are some reviews that say the bossfights are already utterly trivialized by the social strand benefits.

Do we know if thereís different difficulty modes?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

JBP posted:

I can't wait to watch the MGS2 style movie at the end of this game and then wait ten years to actually understand what fever bullshit Kojima was thinking about.

Nah, this game seems a lot more straightforward than MGS

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

Finally getting around to playing this, any tips I should know going in? I know I shouldn't spend too much time in Chapter 2 since you unlock a bunch of stuff in Chapter 3 but what else?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

I guess I should avoid sprinting unless necessary since it drains stamina?

By the way does it matter if a container is damaged as long as the contents aren't?

EDIT: Do the piss mushrooms do anything?

RatHat fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Dec 17, 2019

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

Did anyone else notice Sam has the Q-pid in some cutscenes before he gets it in the story? Specifically during his "death" in the first Voidout(not even gonna spoiler this because it's Chapter 1). I guess some events in the story got shuffled around during development.

By the way is chugging Monster the only way to temporarily increase your stamina?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

How many chapters are there? Is there a point of no return?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

It took me an embarrassingly long time to realize you can only see BTs when you're standing still.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

Intel&Sebastian posted:

call me crazy but I really enjoyed the initial hiking sim part of the game and was a little sad when it became all about driving my truck on a road.

Yeah I'm pretty early on so I have no vehicles and I'm enjoying the hiking a lot more than I thought I would. I can understand people who don't like it though.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

When you store your vehicle in a garage can you only retrieve it from that garage?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

Ludens Fan is the Dorito Pope right? I don't understand why they didn't have him do his own voice acting. Surely the motion capture took way more time than voice acting would have.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

This game must feel really lonely offline. Itíd be more challenging too since you have to build everything yourself.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

Heh most of the NPCs are wearing Santa hats now.

Also I just beat the first boss, what a joke. I guess itís supposed to be a tutorial on fighting them?

WaltherFeng posted:

I'm curious how the game works in offline mode. Is it really just you and nothing else.

There are some NPC structures and signs but I assume they get less frequent as you go further West.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

Any particularly good rewards from specific preppers/cities I should prioritize getting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

Wow the power skeleton and bola gun are real game changers. They almost feel like cheating.

Also holy poo poo making roads give you a shitton of likes.