Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Upmarket Mango posted:

will i need playstation plus or w/e the gently caress it is to have the multiplayer functionality in this game?

From what I have read: no you do not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Rotten Red Rod posted:

At least they'd be shorter, if not smarter.

"two-hour", lol

IIRC correctly MGS4 has somewhere between 8-9 hours worth of cut scenes

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Steve Yun posted:

Kojima should go all the way and make one eight hour cut scene

ngl I kinda hated that about MGS4 at the time, but if I knew what I was getting into beforehand I would totally watch that

not in one sitting though im not that insane

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Rotten Red Rod posted:

What I want to know is how long the intro section is if you skip all the cutscenes. The gameplay DOES sound interesting, but my patience for Kojima's writing is nonexistent. I had a much better time with MGSV when I started skipping all of them.

If you felt MGS5 had too many cutscenes then you are in for a rough time.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Pigbottom posted:

This guys has some pretty cool tips that I had no idea about.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loAsztqCcO4

YOU CAN TWIST THE MAP!?

This changes everything

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

- I touched a floaty guy and black goo tried to eat me and the forest was consumed by the goo and everything went crazy and a baby is screaming at me and oh god oh gently caress oh god what the gently caress there's a dolphin what the gently caress is going on this is insane the ground is moving can't move goo eating me :gonk: :gonk: :gonk:

Yeah that all sounds about right. Don't worry though, it gets weirder!

Shalebridge Cradle fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Nov 11, 2019

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Hub Cat posted:

I got all hosed up or carried too much weight for too long and Sam started pissing blood and it gave me upgraded piss grenades.

Its a testament to this game that I honestly do not know if this is real or not

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

I just said this like 10 posts up and got no love :smith: My likes!

Sorry that was like the first post I read here after playing for 2 days straight

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Pierson posted:

Also does the bola put down MULES and BTs for good or is it a temporary stun?

Temporary. They will get loose eventually.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

tweet my meat posted:

Wow, just got to mission 34 where you have to haul the chiral artist over to the junk dealers shelter. It was corny as hell, but it was still pretty moving and an incredibly cool mission. After hours of hauling normal cargo and interacting with holograms, suddenly an actual living person comes out of the shelter and you have to reconnect them with their lost love, not exactly subtle but combined with the novel gameplay aspect of hauling a human, it really was quite effective. Hideo Kojima is a coward for not allowing you to piss with a person on your back.

That part was great. The game had just settled into a slight rut and it was great seeing it gently caress with some of your expectations

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

GOTY

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Tertius Oculum posted:

Late Chapter 3 spoiler: I accidentally delivered the nuke to the city without talking to Fragile first lol ended with a white screen.

I didn't do that, so is that just a Game Over, please load your last save situation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

punishedkissinger posted:

it is not dumb what are you talking about

Kojima games straddle the line between genius and dumb as hell more perfectly than any other modern media