Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Quick question, If I'm trying to farm stars on someone, do I have to take deliveries from them, or take deliveries from other preppers/cities to the person whose rep I want to increase?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Spent most of yesterday completing every auto-paver on the map, including a few by the craftsman which don't seem to actually go anywhere. Not sure if that's the most efficient way of doing things since they seem to (slowly) degrade from timefall, but this game draws out the completionist in me. Also been trying to 5-star everyone as fast as possible even though the stars don't seem to actually do anything. Got everyone in the first zone, second one is taking a bit longer since nobody had much to deliver to either the film director or cosplayer. Probably just need to wait for orders to refresh.

Is there any point in having lethal weapons outside the Combat Veteran fight? Mules can be a pain in the rear end but I assume I'll just get a game over or something if I run into their camp and start shooting them.

Those roads lead to the local incinerator.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

re: the giant bomb criticism of the game, yeah I can't believe they hated on it so hard. It also really struck me that they were so blase about the plot symbolism being braindead when I feel like they misinterpreted the most important symbolism in the game

Everyone thinks Metal Gear Solid is the BB, but that seems wrong. If Sam is really Kojima, then a project that he felt like he wants to move on from, but everyone he knows keeps trying to drag him back to "finish his work" on a project he was emotionally done with - and then, as he reluctantly does his work, everyone praises him and he turns into a borderline celebrity off of the back of this work he doesn't really believe in - it seems like Metal Gear Solid would have to be Rhodes.

First, just let me say that I love this game. I spent hours upon hours finishing all the roads I could in the Central Region, and now I'm trying to get all the upgrades I can via Star levels before moving on.

However, this game ain't for everyone, and I can easily see how even previous MGS fans like Dan would have hated DS. At first, until you level up and get tools to make traversal more fun, it can be frustrating at times. Also, this game isn't going to be for everyone, I mean that in the sense that there was/is a lot of people to whom (despite being pretty well made systems-wise) this gameplay won't spark interest.

The writing is also kinda bad, the plot is easily the weakest part of this game. While the performances are relatively solid given that this is some good acting talent involved, the diolague is often pretty goddamn hammy. And the metaphors, dear lord the metaphors. They're far too simple (and less clever than the writing thinks they are) and drastically over-explained. It'd flow a lot better if Kojima just trusted his audience to get it with needing to explain it.

My goddamn eyes almost rolled out of my end when I saw that the social media device was loving handcuffs

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

CJacobs posted:

It also bothers me that people feel the need to qualify their "I enjoy it" with "it's bad, just incredibly irredeemably bad am I right guys", not just for Death Stranding but for anything with apparent flaws. You're doing yourself a disservice. Own your enjoyment of it.

Not what I said at all.

I enjoy the gameplay, not so much the writing. I really don't see how commenting about what I enjoy about a title does myself a disservice.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

grate deceiver posted:

Is there some way to put the pizza horizontally on Sam's back? I usually stuff it in a truck anyway, but I'm wondering if it's possible to arrange the packages manually.

I would load two boxes of (I think) 160 resin, then load the pizza on my back on the top of said resin. That should let it sit horizontally, and bonus even if you lean forward on a bike that won't ruin it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Krazyface posted:

After spending ages just 5-starring everyone east of the mountains, I decided to move the plot forward a bit. I connected both waystations along the northern edge of the map, raided the militarised MULE camp up there and turned all its ceramics into roads, then did the antimatter bomb delivery mission to Mountain Knot. Holy poo poo, the roads to MK are expensive as hell, that's gonna take a while. Anyway, that place was kind of a disappointment, but the journey was very memorable. Probably the hardest journey I've made that didn't have BTs in the way. On the way out, I walked east through that mountain pass to the weather station. Is that the only viable path? I'm pretty sure it was the intended path, because I got a song on my way out, but does the game prevent you from just leaving the way you came?

I didn't bother with those roads until I got them into the chiral network, the help from other folks is a godsend.