Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!

Wafflecopper posted:

That's weird, I had issues with the game just putting back in the same building I deleted next time I fired the game up. Which was really annoying when I deleted random pointless bridges that were blocking my zipline LOS and then next time they were back and I had to trudge over on foot and delete them again.

You can delete structures remotely from the map

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Mierenneuker posted:

Someone link to that video of that ridiculous MGS3 master playing Death Stranding please. I think it's relevant to the current discussion to see that again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEkULslCGNs

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Cowman posted:

Honestly they're not too bad. It's been a while since I've played but from what I remember you can get a pretty good loop going between them and if you set up zip lines correctly it's stupid easy to go from one to the other.

once you have the ziplines set up, you could get the three of them up to at least 4 stars just doing premium deliveries between them (especially since a lot of their requests have special conditions like timed or fragile that give more likes on delivery)

WaltherFeng posted:

Pretty sure lethal weapons deal more dmg to BTs if you first weaken them with hematic grenades.

It's a lesser known trick that's only explained in a short tutorial message

you can also create a cloud of blood by throwing a hematic grenade, and then fire bullets through the cloud to coat them with blood

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Khanstant posted:

Whewf, I went from 15000 chiral crystals down to 2k just going around repairing ziplines and I still haven't reached the 2 hardest to reach ones that are totally broken and ruin my mountain network. I've been hoovering every place I deliver of crystal but it's never enough lol. Been on this save too long I guess.

I did just read that you can cheese the game by switching to very easy before resting in a shelter and then save out and change back once you're out to avoid the heavier deterioration on very hard.

I could just finish the game but it seems like every time I get close to completing every delivery they just make new ones. Is this some sort of radiant quests system or is there a really a set list of them?

Upgrading instead of repairing is the most economical way to repair most structures, since a structure gets fully restored when upgraded, and all structures decay slower with each level of upgrade. Although that does require you to actually have enough materials on hand to apply the upgrade, and ziplines need chemicals which are the least-plentiful resource overall.

There are around 500 distinct standard deliveries, including a few dozen orders that are just reorders of deliveries from the main storyline (but only the ones that involve standard cargo case delivery; no boss fights, bombs, or corpse disposal). Standard orders at each location can repeat once you've exhausted the available ones there, so you might see the same orders multiple times if you take a bunch of standard orders earlier in the story when you haven't unlocked all the potential destinations.

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

1st AD posted:

I'm pretty much just loving around in the endgame completing all the central region roads and my number 1 way to clear MULE camps now is to just take a Bridges truck and boost right into MULE's. It instantly KO's them but doesn't kill them, so I pretty much just do that to the ones patrolling the edge of the encampment, and as reinforcements come I just run them over one by one.

Running MULEs over can kill them, but it's not likely - it happened to me once out of probably a hundred times, and I'm not sure if it was because of getting hit by the truck that killed them or if they hit something else when they went flying and that did it. Playing a higher difficulty might change the odds of killing them, but who knows.