Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

psyman
Nov 1, 2008
Regarding HUD text size, have you guys got overscan or “screen fit” set in the display options on your TV?. Some screens don’t scale this properly and will slightly pixelate the image to fit more in the frame (kind of like downsizing a photo without any filtering), so try switching to 16:9 there.

Overscan is good for films and TV because more of the fixed camera image is shown, but in games the same effect can be achieved by increasing FOV if DS offers that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psyman
Nov 1, 2008
I badly want to get into this but don’t have a PS4, would it be worth buying a base model second-hand just for DS?

I’m addicted to DayZ on Xbone X at the moment and kind of looking for another open-world game with longevity really. Could a person play this over a long period of time after finishing the story in terms of building structures online, or will America be fully covered by highways and bridges from other players a few weeks from now?

Do you think there will be much to do beyond the campaign?. I’m picturing a fully geared endgame Sam with exosuit and 2 hover carriers and trucks constructing stuff for other players.

psyman
Nov 1, 2008
Am I the only one that doesn’t like the design of the zip lines and refuses to use them?

They seem out of step with the more mechanical technology in the world, I was expecting a physical cable and a portable motorised trolley device that Sam would carry to travel on it.

Instead he just holds on with the chiral bracelet on one arm (despite carrying hundreds of kilos in cargo) and flies through the air on a laser beam like a superhero. It’s really jarring I think.

psyman
Nov 1, 2008
Can delivery bots be followed on the surface?. I’m still in Chapter 2 but have read about them yet I can’t seem to find any pics or videos of bots actually walking around.