Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
If I loved Phantom Pain will I love this? It has mixed reviews so I'm hesitating. Hideo Kojima screwed me with MGS4 so I'm not just going to throw money at him this time. Hoping this is more like MGS5?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

RatHat posted:

Can you not get CHVRCHES song on the music player ingame?

That song is way too upbeat to actually be in the game. Good montage music though.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
I did not like when terrorists showed up. This isn’t MSG5 where I have a traq sniper rifle and dog to show me all enemy locations or can have Quiet do the work for me.

Everytime I’d get chased and shot up by those fuckers just trying to pass through their camps. The only way win is to drive or use smoke and move fast.

The mules were fun because you could fight back easily. Terrorists though just shoot, much less interesting.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

freebooter posted:

but his filmmaking skills are about on par with a nienteen-year-old boy in his first year of cinema studies at a community college.

It’s interesting Guillermo del toro who won an oscar last year for best director did not give hideo more help besides being a major character in the game.

I would think Guillermo would be giving Hideo hints and help on how to direct. Maybe the language barrier? :shrug: Maybe Guillermo just wanted to be in a videogame, wanted to be polite and not crush hideo’s dream?

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

Dr. Stab posted:

That's not really how it works. You don't just idly fix a story with some "hints" when you show up to get your face scanned.

Interesting Guillermo did not do the voice of deadman all he did was get his faced scanned. I didn’t know what Del Toro sounded like.

So he wasn’t working with Hideo at all. Mystery solved.