Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Do we have to have an PS Plus subscription for the online stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

I wonder if Kojima put himself in Death Stranding like he did with MGSV.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Real Cool Catfish posted:

The base was used for the uh, occasionally, coop part of the game! Me and random guy just kept invading each otherís base with increasingly silly loadouts.

It started stealthy but soon we were breaking out grenades launchers and homing rockets.

The stun grenade launcher was my go to weapon. It was easy mode for bases.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

ZZZorcerer posted:

Canít wait to ride a zip line or drive on a road that will either make me fall off a cliff or into some monsters nest.

Itíll have lots of likes - ďvery helpfulĒ

It's Dark Souls message trolling all over again.

And that's why I'm gonna love it.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hamelekim posted:

I'm in chapter 2 as well. I am going to rush to chapter 3 as supposedly that's when the game gets good and you get equipment and such that makes your life a ton better.

It was wonderful to have someone put ladders and a rope over the mountain on a disposal mission. Saved me so much time, especially once the BTs came out.

I was under the impression during the first disposal mission the ropes and ladder was left there by a npc. Mine said Igor and Die Hardman mentioned him on a radio call. Kinda like a tutorial ďhey thereís ropes and ladders you can useĒ kinda thing.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tei posted:

What happens if I find a bridge with a lot of likes, I ban this guy from my game so his bridge dissapear, and I build my own bridge in the same place?

do other people see two bridges in the same place?

Iím guessing itís instanced. Some people will see yours. Some people will see his.

For getting around BTs I just hold my breath if the thing turns orange. Otherwise I just go around them. It looks like the light faces the direction of the closest one. I donít even bother pinging with L1.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Steve Yun posted:

The menu system sucks.

Agreed. There are some screens that get really information heavy and just looks like a mess of words and numbers.

Also weird that you keep empty crates on you after using whatever item it is.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

lets hang out posted:

Please don't litter

Listen. If I can pee out in the open I can leave empty grenade crates wherever I want.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

blue squares posted:

Should I care whether anyone Likes my poo poo? I can't tell.

Likes seem to be your exp which levels up different traits. You get upgrades based on those traits like being able to carry more stuff. But you get way more likes just delivering stuff rather than having stuff out in the wild. The only high "like" thing I saw was a bridge that had 3500 likes.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

I'm gonna throw piss grenades at mules.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

SardonicTyrant posted:

Currently on chapter 3. It's kind of weird that Kojima made a unique world where people are walking nukes and the afterlife is a real thing and the plot barely touches the implications of this.

The nicolas winding refn character talks about it.

Heís the one exploring the whole life and death thing from the trailers. I havenít gotten that far into the game yet but he does talk about the afterlife the first few times he talks to you.

The people blowing up thing absolutely gets talked about.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

safe harbor posted:

Can you pause during cutscenes? Hearing about a cutscene over an hour in length has me a bit worried about having to use the bathroom/snack breaks.

Yes.

Also roads have begun being built in my game. Almost across the entirety of the second map now. Completely passes over two mule camps.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

nessin posted:

Being grabbed by a BT has nothing to do with it. The body they were taking to the incinerator they thought was a suicide, not taken by a BT but in danger of a voidout. And if that guy was thinking clearly enough to kill himself over that he'd have realized it didn't matter because they were going to fail incinerating the body.

Yup. You're told in about 48 hours after death void outs happen.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Spermando posted:

I was just about to post this. What triggered the explosion in that case? Was it Igor or the corpse they were transporting?

The corpse I think. They mention how it might blow soon.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

tweet my meat posted:

What exactly do the poopoo and peepee grenades do?

Better at killing bts.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Communist Thoughts posted:

yeah thats true, it was really noticeable going from playing Drak3, which has an insane but entirely followable and satisfying story, to going to Dark Souls which seems to be (intentionally?) very poorly localised so you can't actually parse a lot of what is written

the trike has the soul of the mass effect 1 Mako where you can just keep popping wheelies and boosting and eventually it'll crawl up the face of God Himself

its a good thing, i hope they keep it in even though its obviously stupid, which is how i feel about the game in general

I loaded up myself and the bike with highway building materials and barely made it up the ramp to get out of the distribution center.

Itís weird that the mk2 long distance bike canít hold anything.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

credburn posted:

Hey, gang. Can someone tell me if I am going to be missing out on a crucial part of the experience by not buying this game now? I rarely get games the same year they come out, but with the weird multiplayer connection whatever I'm wondering if I should wait.

No. Thereís nothing the other players add that you canít do yourself.

You just might have to take an extra rope or ladder, build a bridge by yourself, etc.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

The worst thing about the writing is the repetitive poo poo. Die Hardon literally says at one point ďas she just explainedĒ and repeats the same thing your sister said.

I like the story and mechanics though. Iím willing to put up with the writing to find out what the heck is going on in the world.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Pigbottom posted:

They say that once timefall hits any surface it turns to regular water.

It can even be filtered and safe to drink!

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Macaluso posted:

If you leave your bike somewhere and go forward on foot, can you like, recall your bike at a garage or anything or do you then have to go back and get the bike? Can you build a new one?

You can make a new one.

I did see a Garage in one of the menus, but I donít think vehicles you leave out automatically go there.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

blue squares posted:

I do my best to help build every road I see. It's so cool to see them develop and I feel like I've contributed to a group effort. Which is exactly the theme of the game

Roads are cool and good.

There was one spanning across the entire second map in my game by last night.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hamelekim posted:

The great thing is that you can skip or rush through all the dialogue and cutscenes, which is what I've been doing.

I'm really getting into the gameplay after being a little iffy on it at first. Now that I have weapons to deal with BTs and just got to chapter 3. I stayed up till 3am playing the game before going to bed. I didn't do that for Outer Worlds, bounced off it real quick.

I guess what I'm saying is that Death Stranding is a better game than Outer Worlds.

Nah I wanna know about how the end of the world stuff happened and all the weirdness. I'm enjoying the story, just not the characters.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Stealing a mule truck makes getting a lot of supplies to build roads to a heck of a lot easier.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Phenotype posted:

What exactly are the mechanics on the BTs? So far it seems like I go into bullet time for a second when they're around, and then I crouch and keep walking and hope they don't see me. And then sometimes there will be a bunch of black splashes that home in on me and then I'm in a big black mud puddle with mud zombies trying to pull me down and I mash square and walk out of the puddle. This hurts my cargo(?).

If you're in the black puddle you got caught. When your light is white and clicking it's focused on the closest BT. Go around it. When it's orange that means the BT is really close, use R1 to hold your breath and go around it until it turns white again, then you can let go of R1. Falling in general will damage your cargo, you'll get a notification when something gets damaged.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I started playing this via a redbox rental.

The wife has never seen a Kojima game before and has no idea what she is in for. She is both horrified and interested in the story. One of her quips was "This is terrible, don't you dare let BB get hurt, he's just so cute I can't stand it, I want to protect this virtual baby"

I personally am finding the controls clunky and a bit frustrating to have to either constantly hold R2/L2 or deal with the QTEs, and at the same time find it kind of relaxing in a sense.

Don't like the BT encounters though, could do without those, especially if I'm carrying a full load of goodies, it's then hard to see the "warning" indicator from BB. I wish there was a way to tell what area is a BT area so I can just avoid the whole thing.

Also is there any point to getting max 5* with a zone, or is just barely filled in 5* enough? I got a hat from the first node.

Minor spoiler but you will get a way to see when timefall is gonna happen.

Dealing with bts is really easy. Just pay attention to the indicator and walk around them. If one gets close and it turns orange then hold your breath and crouch walk. Youíre good to breathe again when it turns white.

Iíve only ever been caught once and that was while I was on a bike and had no clue how to get out of the black goop (I realized later you can boost out).

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Beating up mules and stealing their resources to rebuild roads have become my new gameplay loop.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Avirosb posted:

For all the talk about connecting people the last boss had better be defeated with the power of friendship.

It should be like the last part of the dark knight rises but instead of an army of cops running down the street itís a bunch of delivery guys.

Also Iím obsessed with building roads. I havenít progressed the story in two days because roads.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Steve Yun posted:

Man this daughterís acting is terrible

The junk yard dealers girlfriend?

I ended up skipping the rest of the cutscenes for that job.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Presenting Nipples posted:

Scales are warped but 7 is definitely low. Developers don't get bonuses for 7s.

In the customer service world, a rating less than 7-8 is considered 'acceptable, but not good'. A 6 is considered bad.

I don't necessarily agree with that - but that is how companies operate whether I like it or not.

In some hospitality companies anything below an 8 is considered a failure and is averaged with the rest of survey scores as a 0.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Spite posted:

it seems like you have to build the roads yourself for the most part. i've had people complete my roads but I always have to start them (and I always end up putting the majority of resources in them).

I had like three sections of roads built by other players even before I did the build a road tutorial delivery.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

So episode 4 huh.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

veni veni veni posted:

Oh I always forget about the bank.

Just make deliveries and take their materials whenever you stop. I basically take on a bunch of deliveries to the same easy to reach areas and take all their poo poo to build my roads. Some deliveries will dramatically increase a material.

The only thing I keep running short on is chiral crystals. Guess I gotta start hunting BT's.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

I finished the road to South Knot City. :sludgepal:

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

tuo posted:

My experience is: if you ride directly into a BT, you can go as fast as you want, it immidiately puts you into the "BT trying to drag you down" minigame and the bike is put aside.

I might try it a couple times more. I just rode through some BT areas because THEY TOOK MY BB!!!! and I guess I was lucky enough to never directly hit one. But back in chapter 3 when I rode through the BT area next to timefall farm, I couldn't even react before the minigame started.

You can boost out of the black tar if you get caught on the bike.

You're hosed if there's rocks or anything the bike can get caught on though.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

I can't find the Collector. Any help?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

If you go to where it says he is on the map there is a valley you can walk down into. You have to use a ladder or rope to get to the level he is at in the canyon. It's halfway between the base of the canyon and the edge at the top.

Thanks! I thought there was an entrance on the valley floor or something.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Quiet didnít speak. Fragile has an old lady body. And Mama is a mother.

Theyíre kinda lovely code names.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

I think people gave up on building roads in my game. I did 4 segments from the craftsman towards the mountain by myself.

Steve Yun posted:

Sneaking into a mule camp is tough because their alarms have pretty good range. Gotta find a spot where there’s a hole in their fence.

Also mules have way better eyesight than mooks in MGSV did, they can see almost as far as you can

Sometimes their aim is on point too. I've gotten hit with an electric spear while driving on an elevated road many times.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

precision posted:

And that you can head out to explore WITHOUT taking an order.

You disappoint Die Hardman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Zip lines are nice and all. But thereís nothing like loading up your hot pink van with 600kg worth of orders and hitting up a bunch of folk so they can get their underwear and PlayStations.