Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Khanstant posted:

I only played HZD recently and more than once I was like "oh that hologram thingy from death stranding!"

havent beat hzd or death stranding yet.... but perhaps they are in the same universE??

Nah it’s just an Easter egg cause they both use the same game engine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Sam drinks Monster Energy and beer all day. His piss could probably hurt a lot more than bt's.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

FAUXTON posted:

lol I kinda want to chuck one at a living person to see what happens, like do porters dock you likes if you piss on them

What if you bola a mule and piss on them

I ran over another porter by accident and got docked 200 likes.

I have so many new things to try next time I boot the game up.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

FAUXTON posted:

lol I kinda want to chuck one at a living person to see what happens, like do porters dock you likes if you piss on them

What if you bola a mule and piss on them

FAUXTON posted:

If you piss on a mule before kicking them to KO them what happens

Tested it. You can't pee on people. Sam said "No one wants to see that" and "guess I'll hold it."

Also saw a tool tip while the game loaded that said you can pop a hematic grenade and fire through the mist using regular bullets and it'll do MORE damage to bt's than bt weapons, which I'll definitely have to try.

Sono posted:

Hmm, I've been farming to get the highways built, getting the crystals from BT hunts.

I just tried the mini boss instead, and it looks like it's about the same number of crystals but faster. Accurate?

Maybe more from the bosses? I did the chapter 3 fight where Higgs made you fight a BT before you got on the boat and got like 1000 from that. But that was a forced fight. I'll have to see how many I get from random encounters.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

former glory posted:

I feel like I may be playing wrong, because I'm in chapter 3 just retrieved the craftsman's toolbox from that BT-filled ruin and my crystals are just piling up. I'm sitting on over 1000 and probably another few 1000 stored at past facilities. The equipment crafting uses a bit, but nowhere near enough to drain me. Are you guys piling them into something else, like the roads? Or maybe there's another mechanic coming up that drains it?

Yeah, roads get expensive.

The only other thing that actively uses crystals in the little pull cart thingy for cargo. And of course crafting.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
He’s the best cameo IMO.

The worst is the junk dealers girlfriend. Woooooooo boy she can’t voice act.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Sam being silent is fine with me. He doesn’t seem to like being around people anyway.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ciaphas posted:

yeah the problem went away once I realized how huge all the preppers' stockpiles had gotten :v: loving ceramics though.

I think I finished the road; Lake & South Knot are connected end to end, and I assume there's no other highways (right?), so I started on the ziplines

man that ride is gonna kick rear end once i get a tower on the other side

There’s a fork in the road by the Craftsman.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mechafunkzilla posted:

I'm not really finding the BTs stressful, just annoying. You move slowly and press R1 when they get close, repeat x100. It's boring.

You still sneaking around bt’s?

Just bolo them and walk right past them. Just don’t walk directly into one.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Loaded an endgame (chapter 15) PS4 save on to the PS5 DC and all the trophies popped.

I'm starting a new game anyway, gonna be my third playthru of this game.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm upset that I haven't seen a ladder placed outside the starting area where the tutorial tip pops up. I placed one down out of respect.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
This time around I'm taking the time to max out my rankings with all the preppers and knots. I forgot how bad some of the cameo's are. Especially that one. You know the one.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
I meant the Chiral Artist

Also, how does the friend stuff work? If I add someone on PSN they're guaranteed to be part of my game? I'd love to add some of you guys.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
I added some of yall on PSN, but couldn't add others cause of their privacy settings.

Feel free to add me cause my world is full of ramps that I have to keep removing.

SpitInMyMouthBro

I'm sorry.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Got a zipline network set up for the farm and weather station from Mama's place. Got the road built front Lake Knot to South know. Time to max out all the preppers before heading to the mountians.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Being able to see the odradek through your stuff was patched in after release iirc.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cowman posted:

Mules are still stupid easy in the Director's Cut. The Bola Gun and Grenade Launcher make short work of any camp.

I got absolutely destroyed by 3 Mule turrents when getting cargo for the Collector.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cowman posted:

What difficulty are you on? I'm on Hard mode and the turrets are doable if you shoot sleep grenades at them. Aim for the front of the turret and you'll down them instantly.

Playing on normal right now. I was trying to be sneaky and didn't really have any weapons on me aside from a bola (which was useless against the turret) and got caught in between two and the third one killed me while I was running away. Also had some Mules on my rear end once I was discovered.

I gotta mess around with the weapons/grenades more. I barely used any on my last playthrough, and I want to experiment some more.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

History Comes Inside! posted:

I’ve been slowly chipping away at this since the DC came out, do you ever get more significant volumes of the lightweight versions of materials thrown at you?

I’ve found lots of places to build roads and such but holy poo poo they want me to bring so many repeat trips of giant boxes of nonsense, which to be fair I guess is the whole game but still the payoff of “an easier surface to travel on for a little bit” doesn’t seem to be worth the time it would take me at the current resource/volume rate to build them.

Especially when I’ve been told to eventually look out for zip lines, build said zip lines and use the hell out of zip lines as my main mode of getting around.

I’ll be finishing it either way because it’s very good, but the answer will determine whether or not I bother worrying about rebuilding roads right now/ever.

The farmers and weather stations throw lightweight materials at you after you get to to a certain star rating. I can't remember what, I currently have them above 3 stars each, and every delivery I make they give me lightweight materials.

I think I'm going to build out the mountian roads this time around. My first two playthroughs I only did the north to south road, and used zip lines for mountains. But now since they added so many ways to transport large amounts of materials, I'm going to tackle the mountain roads.

I'm using my ziplines to branch out from the main roads to preppers. Seems like a good strat to max out everyone. Once I get someone to 5 stars I just delete the ziplines to them and move on to the next preppers.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
I thought the truck was tied to a story mission.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
drat it people get rid of ur garbage outside of South Knot City.

Also I maxed out all the preppers from Lake Knot to South Knot. Now off to the mountians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
The end is like 2+ hours long lol.