Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

What am I supposed to do when BTs grab me and then I end up in the fight with the weird squid-faced whale thing? I've got 4 hematic grenades, but they don't seem to be enough to kill the thing, and I can't figure out any other way to damage it. Am I just supposed to give up and die?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

CJacobs posted:

Also, if you're out of supplies you can hit the touchpad to make Sam call out for help, white BT Sams will pop out of the tar and throw you more grenades and such.

That's pretty cool. Anyone know what the key is on PC? I can just call out and cool ghosts will give me grenades that I can pick up and use?

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

I read that you should focus on story missions and basically ignore side stuff until the game starts to open up. I'm at the point in episode 3 where I can fabricate bikes, steal MULE trucks, use exoskeletons, and fast travel with the magic umbrella. I'm at the mission to get the weather station on the network. Is this a good point to start loving around with side deliveries, upgrading structures, etc. or should I keep focusing on the story deliveries for now?

Should I be picky about which roads I pave or just go hog wild? I don't have a good sense of how long I'll be in this central region so I don't know if it's worth the effort to develop it much. The game moved past the eastern region pretty quickly.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Do supplies at a facility replenish naturally over time, or only in response to the player's actions? If the latter, what's the best way to replenish supplies at a facility? I cleaned out a bunch recently to build roads and now some key spots are really low on metals etc.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Does the game tell you the cargo capacity of the bridges truck anywhere, or how full it is when you've got stuff in it?

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

What's the difference between Bridges and the UCA? I don't really understand when some of the preppers agree to join the former but not the latter. I'm in Episode 4, maybe it gets explained at some point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Is the Long Range Truck strictly better than the Truck, or does it have reduced cargo capacity?