Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Horsebanger posted:

I'm not overly thrilled for this, like the MGS V trailer it is light on the 'gameplay' part, and what gameplay there was in 5 was shallow in my opinion.

The gameplay from this looks like placing ladders and walking which is.. moving on.

After 5 as well, all the best cutscenes, infact most of the cutscenes were spoiled in the trailers.

What on Earth are you comparing mgsv gameplay to that you consider it shallow? Say what you will about the story but the variety of possible approaches to any encounter, the constantly evolving threats, the base building/ weapon production and online aspects in mgsv were not shallow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

And Tetris effect

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

lets hang out posted:

When people die they make huge spooky ghost craters so you're probably not allowed to just shoot people to death in this one video game

I'm pretty sure that specifically only happens when a bt eats someone. There was the trailer where a guy was desperately trying to kill himself before he got eaten, presumably to prevent the giant explosion that happened when he was eaten

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Martian Manfucker posted:

if I buy a cheap/used PS4 or PS4 slim and play this on my computer monitor will I have a good time, or is a PS4 pro recommended? I don't own a TV, so 4k and stuff like that isn't important to me.

this is the one game that is going to make me buy a console that isn't a Nintendo.

It uses the same engine as horizon zero Dawn which performs fine on a regular PS4 but no one can give you an informed answer until it's released.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

ymgve posted:

Too bad that the latest trailer isn't ingame graphics, but pure CGI.

Lol I know what you meant but this is a hilarious statement

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Kojima made a game about walking down the same hallway several times pretty drat compelling, I trust him

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

the interviews from Sam's wife are rough. wish they were available way earlier in the game though, they're maybe the only thing that explains Sam's personality at the start of the game

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I didn't do anything in Chapter 15 and it's starting to sound like I missed out

If you care about the lore there are interviews you can only get post game that add a lot of context

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Canít wait for the platinum spinoff death strand rising wherein by the final chapter you have the q pid equations carved into your face and are catching bt whales with your strand to throw back at Higgs during a boss fight

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

DOOMP sufferers

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I also got to Chapter 15 and uninstalled, is there anywhere I could go to read the interviews and things I missed?

I would guess the wiki?

e: yeah they have all of the text on there

Jenny Agutter fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jan 24, 2020

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

WaltherFeng posted:

I'm the guy who didn't bother to read the postgame interviews because I was too busy starting another playthrough

Lucy killed herself because she learned the truth about Death Stranding and caused a voidout in the process?

Shiiittt

my interpretation was she killed herself because she basically contracted DOOMS when she became pregnant with Sam's baby (umbilical connection and all that) and couldn't handle the apocalyptic nightmares. Sam was fairly directly responsible for that. dude can't even find respite in death, no wonder he's so prickly at the start of the game

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

This is the first game I've platted on PlayStation. Pretty incredible experience the whole way through

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Musharraf posted:

Sam, do you know why they call me Die-Hardman? It's because I die hard...

Tbf the real reason is even dumber