Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
I occasionally get Die Hardman telling me to pick up a body and dispose of it, but I can never see it marked on the map. Can it appear anywhere or is it always located nearby and you just have to scan for it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
I rebuilt the entire stretch of road from Lake Knot to South Knot, feels good, although I wish the trucks and bikes had a radio you could listen to the music player, the constant engine noise is really starting to annoy me while I'm making these long deliveries.

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

Listerine posted:

For some reason I was in a hurry and when Mama suggests trying out the zipline outside her lab I skipped it. So I never really knew what they did, and went through the next god knows how long collecting the ceramic required to finish every single road, and only after all that work did I build a zipline and suddenly feel super stupid.

Only thing the roads end up being good for are the few deliveries where you need a truck (like the 600 kg one or the one with 20 or 30 S sized packages).

Yeah I basically did it to do those ones from South to Lake that have 1 to 2 tonnes worth of stuff in order to get them to 5 stars, and it made it a hell of a lot easier for the pizza guy as well. Most of the mountain area is pretty accessible already with a vehicle so I plan to only do the first few pavers outside of mountain knot.

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
The ability to cut the umbilical cords makes those areas much easier too, stop, scan, pick the closest one, crouch walk directly at it while holding your breath, hit square when the prompt happens. The range you can do it at basically means you'll never just bump in to one

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
I absolutely loved this game but I also felt like it didn't quite stick the landing, the "what" of everything made sense but a lot of the how and why just feels like it's supposed to be taken on faith. When Die-Hardman was having his little breakdown thing in the hallway at the end I just didn't give even the slightest poo poo about what was happening because we knew pretty much nothing about him, and the stuff we did know wasn't even really related that much to Sam. I dunno, it just didn't feel completely satisfying as an ending.

At least the BB and Cliff stuff wrapped up nicely, even if the shooty shoot bits weren't very fun.

The crossing the tar belt set piece was super cool. They could make a good tv series or something out of this world that's been created.

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

Tormented posted:

Good deal on Death Standing for PC.

https://www.gamebillet.com/death-stranding-pre-order-steam

Is this game good? I sure hope so but I heard really mixed reviews.

It's real good, I had some quibbles with the story but it is absolutely worth your time. Most bad reviews I saw were from people complaining about the movement while trying to drive a motorcycle up a nearly sheer cliff face.

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
Think of all your fellow porters playing who could benefit from the full road system

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

Jolo posted:

I built a ton of roads and got all kinds of popups about other people using my roads. Throughout the game prior to building those roads, I think I found maybe 1 section of road that someone else had built. I found a lot of sections that people had provided resources to but none that were finished which makes me wonder if the game is allowing the roads to get close to complete but saving the satisfaction of putting in the final resources for each player. Have any of you just come on a long section of road that was completed that you didn't complete yourself?

Honestly, it only take a little bit of time to complete most of the roads if the resources are available at your cities and you have a truck to bring them to each point.

I wish there was a more streamlined way of viewing what resources you needed to make it easier to pick the right amounts from the distro centres. I ended up having a little notepad and then figuring out the correct combination of packs to withdraw to maximise resources.

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
You can just leave the controller, after I figured out what was happening I just let it run it's course.

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

bear named tators posted:

I just picked this back up after a couple of months and I made the delivery to the timefall farm. At what point do I really start having to worry about building roads/structures and keeping vehicles around? I like the game, but not enough to constantly backtrack and take care of every optional delivery. So far I'm just plowing forward with little reason to ever head backwards unless my path totally sucked. I've barely even put down any ladders or climbing anchors. Does building ever integrate into forward progression or is it more for folks who really want to luxuriate in the game?

You're not connected to the network until you visit those settlements anyway, so any path you make will pretty quickly be redundant once all the other stuff comes online because of what other people have left around. If you pack right, I usually took 3 climbing ropes and 2 ladders for a new path, you don't technically need to any of the non story stuff, although some of the upgrades do make leveling the settlements worth it.

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

barbecue at the folks posted:

I would think the game would be both a lot harder and a lot more boring without the perks that raising connection levels through deliveries and building infrastructure gives. The highways are perhaps the most important quality of life improvement but also the biggest investment time and resource wise.

This is true also, you could research what upgrades provide the greatest benefit to you and focus those. My recommendation would be any of the exo-skeleton upgrades, power or speed or climbing (can't remember what last one is called). The power is easy to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
The crossing of the tar belt is one of the best set pieces I've seen in a game. That whole section was wild.