Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

That playlist is generally good but faded by Alan walker as the second track is some kind of cursed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Tall Tale Teller posted:

We can cuddle and soothe the baby. We can hot springs the baby. Can we chuck the baby?

Can we pee on the baby?

Is my brain okay?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3PaNhPYXJ8

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Someone link those leaks

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Space Panda posted:

I’ve been browsing the reset era spoiler thread. Just be careful because there are full on story spoilers along with some gameplay impressions.

Anyways there is already hilarious back tracking and rationalizations going on to explain the sub 90 meta critic that’s incoming. People saying things like people need to have realistic expectations that it’s just a delivery game. That Kojima should not have shown the TGS footage as it spoiled too much of the game. Pretty hilarious stuff when you consider everyone was expecting game changing revolutionary stuff a few months back.

Link the leak

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Steve2911 posted:

IGN saying the world and story are great but the gameplay is boring.

Eurogamer saying the gameplay is great but the sci fi nonsense drags it down.

I like boring games and sci fi nonsense so sounds like I'll enjoy it. :shrug:

ok but what does videogamedunkey say

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

https://twitter.com/mrenotik1/status/1190180377962393601

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Noam Chomsky posted:

o poo poo...

The ham sandwich race has come for your women with their AL ghul

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

The Karl pilkington of vidya

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

first disco elysium and now death stranding, giant bomb is slowly but surely becoming the new polygon

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

is there a link or map to the big hidden secret ruins like the torii gates? i just got to chap 15 and i want to spend some time going to those areas. i put in waaaaaayyyy too much hours building the roads and ziplines and i want some quality walking up and sliding down a hill dammit

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

RatHat posted:

I guess I should avoid sprinting unless necessary since it drains stamina?

By the way does it matter if a container is damaged as long as the contents aren't?

EDIT: Do the piss mushrooms do anything?

Sprint everywhere unless the geography dictates otherwise. Drink monster and destroy your kidneys.

Container damage does not account for total damage of cargo delivered

Piss mushrooms create crypto bite farms

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

if you are really wary about it, the game does a quick autosave just before the whale appears. so drive maybe 100m away and leave the cargo in there then go fight the whale

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

is it just me or does the tall BT who sometimes grows an Amelie head seem a lot tougher than the flying whale BT? I keep getting lost as to whether I should shoot the left shoulder or the body area, and the shoulder is a much smaller target than the whale in general

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

i genuinely do not understand the significance of Deadman's backstory why is he a frankenstein's monster? why is it important that he's an unholy human constructed from other dead bodies and that he doesn't have a beach? what's the allegory to the story at large? why is he the cuddliest character in the whole game?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

CJacobs posted:

Think about how similar the two of you are. (spoilers all the way up to chapter 15) Deadman and Sam were both grown in a vat, never had an opportunity to live their own life, neither of them have a Beach or a spirit of their own, neither has any friends, both are seen as weird outcasts from society (Sam only partially by choice), the list goes on. The difference is that Deadman desires companionship, but Sam does not. Deadman is curious about the true nature of the world, Sam doesn't give a poo poo. This makes Deadman a living mirror for Sam to peer into, to look at him and ask "we are similar people, so why do we have such different attitudes?" In the end Sam almost certainly realizes that all Deadman wants is to be useful to someone and to live like a bona-fide human and it strikes a chord in him. The four or five different bro hugs in the ending are the standard Kojima way of symbolizing this.

Also, this is just my own theory, but I suspect Deadman not having a Beach of his own is how the friendship gang ended up saving Sam from the Seam at the end. They couldn't send anyone else to the other side to retrieve him because they'd risk getting lost on their own Beach, but Deadman doesn't have one, so he's a perfect candidate to send to the Seam and yank Sam back into the living world.

That's a pretty good explanation (save maybe the part memory holed but honestly, easily forgotten but it would have been a really good allegory), thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

Sorry, somewhere around hour 2 of the endgame cutscene I nodded off a little. Please will you forgive me? For my crimes? I'm really sorry I didn't pay attention to Kojima-san's screeds.

Omg