Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
when die hardman dies hard does he get promoted to deadman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
i cant stop laughing at die-hardman and norman reedus in a wetsuit being in the oval office

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
I'm starting to become convinced this game is an allegory for working for uber eats.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
so the baby is sassy and can sass people

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
never forget that thomas pynchon namedropped kojima in one of his books, so kojima is legit literature

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
the thing that is confusing me the most is why does the porter sam porter bridges, who works for bridges, look into the camera and point out the toy soldiers on his shelf sarcastically to the player instead of examining them the way he examines everything else in his room???

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
kojimas a monster for forcing the chiral artist to act in english

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Shaocaholica posted:

So are all animals dead? But you see birds in the intro. If a BT eats an animal does it cause a voidout? Also on voidouts does it require a special type of BT to eat someone?

Theres an email about how animals dont have souls like we do so they dont have beaches so therefore they dont have beached things... blah blah kojima logic

Remember the stag from the intro? It got all hosed up by timefall.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
i think kojima putting uncle culpepper in the game is the greatest literary reference he's done yet

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
i didnt know mama was dying, i feel kind of bad about throwing her rear end on the ground to pick up metals trying to build all the roads on the journey to mountain city now

also twin genius physicist girls named after asteroid craters with a dead ghost baby one of whom gets heterochromia after a melodramatic death scene, kojima intensifying, gently caress yeah

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
why the gently caress are you bringing bb up to the top of a mountain deadman

why are you loving crashing after i spent five minutes slowly trudging up that mountain game

the snow missions are really emphasizing the "it's just walking" criticisms

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
alternatively mama had to die to give lockne a different coloured eye to make her maximum waifu material

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So what have you all done to "connect" the mountainous region with the rest of the map? Ziplines? Complete the highway? I'm in Chapter 8 right now, and I'm trying to figure out the most efficient way to do this.

I just completed the Heartman Highway of ziplines which means I can skoot from mountain knot city via the doctor and heartman all the way to the evo devo biologist without touching the ground :feelsgood:

Do the Legend of Legend ranks count for anything but self esteem?

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
sam's biggest moment of characterization was yeah boyeee

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
yeah i threw them into my highway thanks

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
like mario and princess beach!!! :haw: is the best kojima line since forget about pax americana, i'm talking pax hamburgana!!!

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Ending spoilers: Did they just throw beach-healed baby BB sam out in the timefall rain? Why has Die Hardman John McClane (and Bridget America Strand I guess) aged about 10 years in the 40 or so Sam apparently has been alive?

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
When you think about it Santa is basically the patron saint of porters.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Colonel Whitey posted:

I just got to (ep.9) youre Mario, I’m princess “beach” followed by a cheesy slow motion run along the beach and holy poo poo that is the most Kojima has ever Kojima’d

Theres at least one more line of dialogue later in the game that tops this for peak kojima imo

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Chapter 12: I just got to Capital Knot with the cryptobiotes. I rested and saved in the private room because it's the middle of the night.

How far do I have left? And I heard that I should set aside like 3 hours for the ending(s)? Will it be clear what the turning point for that will be

if you beat the giant floating whale then the game is essentially done, you're on the cutscene highway with minor running interludes. Yes it is 2 - 3 hours.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
of course fragile has a metal gear now

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Thundercracker posted:

Everyone who complains about Kojima explaining the plot five times over. This, this is why

a sane author who constantly encounters the fact that their plots need to be explained five times to their audience would probably conclude "my plots are too complex" or "i'm not telling my plots in a coherent enough fashion"

instead, kojima fires up wikipedia and looks up facts about rail guns

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
just saw the death stranding 2 teaser, and higgs seems a bit much, even for a kojima game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Ciaphas posted:

gets a giggle out of me every single time

you have to wonder if norman reedus explained who flavor flav was to kojima or if he already knew