Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Is everyone watching the gameplay trailer? I feel like I shouldn't but also that I want to. It will probably ruin some enjoyment for me when I actually play it but OTOH I'll probably hear all about it later. Kojima posted not to watch it, but he's still doing the trailer so I'm not really sure. I suppose it's hard to turn down free marketing for your new game.

Also from the beginning there's been a "I don't understand it!" marketing strategy. He got mads and I think reedus to say it. Now his assistant is saying it. Now some article is claiming Kojima doesn't understand the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Ok I'm watching it. Lol at that ridiculous load of stuff. He's running carrying 120kg. I'm worried this may not run so well on my OG ps4. Apparently the Japanese word for stamina is 'stamina'.

redreader fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Sep 12, 2019

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
The chat says there's a Demo available on the japanese PS store.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Look Sir Droids posted:

Edit: Sidenote. When I played MGS5, the one and only time my wife noticed anything about it was when the Quiet rain dancing scene happened. She was like "Oh I see lol."

This is the only time that significant others are in the room and paying attention. It's all part of being a gamer!

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
This is a sony studios game, right? Like bloodborne and (I think) horizon: zero dawn? Or at least they're all sponsored by sony? And that means that there's no way they'll ever be on anything other than PS4 and possibly PS5, right?

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
I hope you can kill people in your game and gently caress up other people's games as a result.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
This game is about connections and linking people together. Everyone we've seen is a hologram. I drew a different conclusion to other people: everyone is in a parallel world so Sam is really alone. The connections he's establishing are to link all of the separated people together from all of the worlds.

But I must have missed something from the trailers. Also what I said doesn't make sense when it comes to the enemies. They're all there and real in Sam's world. But the stuff with the ladders being left from other players does support my theory.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
I looked at his twitter and didn't see anything. Did he not like Metal Gear Solid games? (I don't know who he is apart from 'giant bomb' which I don't know)

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
A reviewer friend of mine mentioned they had a copy. They gave it to another reviewer who likes Kojima because they hate Kojima. They told me basically, that the embargo for reviews ends on friday at 12am PST if I got the time conversion correct. Also that the NDA they had to sign was the most ridiculous one they'd ever seen and that certain spoiler/plot points were marked as 'do not mention'. I didn't ask for any details on the game and they didn't give me any.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Oh. I clean forgot my most important point. Part of the NDA / review agreement said: "if you review this game you absolutely are expected to have completed it"

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Looks like it's a good game but not mindblowing maybe? https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/death-stranding/critic-reviews

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

mysterious frankie posted:

The Skulls fights were cool tho

I was really annoyed at the Skulls fight in Africa where there are 2 tanks and you're supposed to destroy/disable (?) them and the skulls appear as soon as something goes wrong with one of the tanks. I died the first time so I laid down a bunch of tank mines then some C4 behind it to blow up the second tank when the mines killed the first tank. I also laid some antipersonnel mines to gently caress with the skulls, and hid. The tanks blew up as planned, I triggered the C4 when the tank mines went off. The skulls, if I remember correctly, knew exactly where I was even though I was in hiding, and walked towards me (I was going to stealth around them or something) and avoided all the mines. It sucks that they always know where you are. That was obvious in the first encounter with them too, in Afghanistan at the bridge where you get the horse after you pass them successfully.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Look Sir Droids posted:

Man, I don't remember this mission at all. I thought Skulls just appeared in the first Afghan mission, the Honeybee mission, the mission in Africa where you steal a truck, the Mansion mission with the Snipers, and then when your helicopter crashes at the airport.

Yeah I think it's the 'steal a truck' mission actually. Trucks/tanks, my mistake. I did that landmine thing and c4 thing as I said, and the skulls behaved annoyingly.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
So is there pre-loading on the PS4? Anyone know how big the game is? How is everyone getting it?

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
I asked this like twice in the PS4 thread and nobody responded.

So how do I clean my ps4? I have canned air and a vacuum. for ps3 everyone said to use a vacuum but I have since read that it can create static. my PS4 (og) is making a lot of noise these days. I'm sure it's full of dust.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
When does the psn version unlock? I saw '12am et' somewhere but this thread said 12am pst'. and it's not tonight... right? it's tomorrow night? so in 33ish hours. Why are people saying 14 hours?

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Why can Sam sometimes not sleep? I'm resting now but I can't put him to sleep.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
My speed grade is really bad, 6. I can't seem to improve it. I made a couple of standard runs at TOP SPEED ON A ROAD ON MY BIKE and it didn't budge. Any ideas?

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
You know when you first get the grenades in the first ?? hour or so, and mama says 'use them on a bt'? I can't loving get that mission done. So I go to the area it designates:

-I've killed floating BT's before they saw me, there.
-I've got caught and fought and killed (I assume this is what she wants, she says to harvest the crystals after you've killed one.)
-My harvest is always successful, meaning "I harvest some", but it doesn't count for the mission! The mission says I have 0 crystals for it, of 100.. I check to see that I'm in the mission area, too.

I'm on chapter 3 but I went back and saw this mission was still active. Can't figure it out.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
For the 'use a grenade mission': I have like 2000 crystals but I need to collect 'these specific crystals in this location from a BT I kill there'. Even if I kill a BT within the circle and get its crystals it says I have 0 of 100 (it's THOSE crystals it wants, not just any crystals).

Wolfsheim posted:

I completed this one accidentally by getting caught and fighting/killing the whale. I assume there'll be a resource using it all up later but you get crazy amounts of chiral for it.

I did that! but It said for the mission I have 0 of 100 crystals.

DalaranJ posted:

Hey, is there a voidout when this happens? Inquiring minds want to know.

The answer to your question is that as soon as you kill a floating BT a crystal will form beneath the spot where they died, that's the stuff mama wants.

I didn't get killed, I killed the BT. Yes I took all of its crystals

ymgve posted:

Are you donating your crystals to the base or using them upgrading buildings or something? Can’t see any other reason you would have literally zero crystals. Oh, also those floating luggage carts consume crystals when active, but not sure at a rate that would completely empty you out.

Literally right after I kill the BT and get its crystals I check the mission status and it says I have 0 of the 100 crystals needed for the mission.

redreader fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Nov 10, 2019

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

American McGay posted:

Turn them in.

0 rows returned posted:

you have to recycle them

Thanks!!! That worked. I had to claim before I could recycle because the facility was full :)

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
I've got another question. How is it determined which items appear in your 'tool wheel'? It's not what's hanging on your tool belt 'cos there's only one thing on there. It's a random assortment of stuff from my back, tool belt, etc. In a BT battle I had to offload all of my used grenades for the other ones to appear in my tool wheel. I also can't figure out how to use the (elder item) vog-emitting cargo?

edit: ok so you can click the right stick while accessing your tool wheel and it turns to the next page! also I just threw the item and it worked!

redreader fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Nov 10, 2019

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
PSA: the mission briefings are different to the ... words the person says when you accept a mission. So listen to the dude say the non-briefing then listen to the actual briefing.

Can I get a yes/no answer on this mountain knot city question, right after I get there the first time: after I delivered them the antimatter bomb, I got an email I only checked later, to visit mama's lab and also get stuff out of the mountain knot city private locker. Do I need the stuff from the locker before I visit mama?

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Looks like if you multi-select standard missions and then go to 'premium', you can only see the premium conditions for one of them, but it does select premium for all of them. You can check them all individually first then mass select them but it's a pain in the rear end

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
What do the different EX grenades do? I tried them on a bt and from what I can tell they don't kill off the non-aggro floating ones like hematic grenades do. One of them (#2?) made one BT-boss-monster run away for a bit.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
I finished the game, and I have a question: deadman says that all of the die-hardman files are available, but they aren't when the final 'tomorrow is in your hands' chapter unlocks. I checked emails and interviews. Where are they?

My fave boss fight was the 'use a rope on troy baker' one, tied with 'punch troy baker' and 'hunt mads in vietnam'

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Someone mentioned the end of the game. I want to be sure I got to the end: BB got taken out of the pod and called... ... emalou? amalou? louanne? some lou girl name. Then chapter 15 started and sam was in the room. I left the room and nothing happened I think, so it's back to gameplay. Is that the end? is that really it? Someone mentioned 3 credit sequences and I think I just saw 2.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
finished the game and not sure if anyone mentions this: I keep on thinking there's some kind of weirdness with time. Sam is mentioned as 'the legendary courier' by some people, and unknown by other people. It's like some people already know everything he's about to do? Also what's up with the multi-sams? The other players? Is this all explained if I do post-game email grinding?

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
I may have got one or two words wrong, but this is loving stupid: "hey, you're on electicity fire...now"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
I read the last 2 pages of this and the wikipedia article for death stranding and I didn't see the answer to my question: is it worth buying this on pc? I bought it on ps4 and loved it, and want the director's cut or whatever is coming out later this month, for pc. If I get the pc version (it's $16 on greenmangaming) will I be able to upgrade to the director's cut? Will that even come out on pc at all?