Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Sono posted:

This. I have one dropping down to the Collector, and if I screw up (too much cargo) and reload, I have to go the long way around.

It's the reason I went with a ladder after a couple trips.

TheManWithNoName posted:

Every station should have plenty to claim.

Yeah, at a certain point I just got in the habit of claiming them if some place had more than 200 of them. The exception was places like Distribution Center South of Lake Knot City and Mountain Knot since those were the places I usually fabricated equipment or did some backpack customization, so I didn't have to bother with recycling chiral crystals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

The impression I get is that structures by other players that show up when connecting to the chiral network are in tip-top shape. It was not until very late game that I started mass deleting other player structures that were yellow/red, and I got new structures that were also heavily damaged.

So I think the servers save the latest condition of structures, but not necessarily spawn them in that state. That way you would still get a decent of amount of structures as a new player even if barely anyone is playing anymore (as long as the game servers stay up).

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jan 31, 2021

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

And since the only thing that uses ceramics is the highway, it'll be stockpiling at nearly every settlement. It's also a good habit to claim the chiral crystals at most locations whenever they are 200+, since those are basically structure repair superglue.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Oh yeah, duh. Totally forgot about fabricating equipment instead just structures.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Wafflecopper posted:

The edge of a cliff is the perfect spot for a zipline as they can be seen and linked to from all directions. Itís not my fault if youíre not paying attention when you dismount

I tried to place my ziplines in a way that you donít eat poo poo when dismounting from some directions, but there is no way to guarantee it when connecting at max range. Also, some of those pillar rocks are just way too juicy targets for a zipline. Thereís one between the Engineer and the Elder where I just had to bring out a ladder to plop one on there.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Structure degradation is tied to game(world) time, so I wouldnít be concerned.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Feb 14, 2021

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Valtonen posted:

So How does one equip the otter hood? I want to be one with the river But after the cutscene where I was given one ebded I didnt have it in my inventory?

Hold up on the d-pad to access the cosmetics wheel/menu. No idea what it is on keyboard + mouse, Iím guessing 3 or 4.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 16:12 on May 4, 2021

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Valtonen posted:

Is it possible to get a zip to mountain knot from weather station over the mountains?

Of course. I liked using the route from Weather Station to the Roboticist and then Heartman. With this route on the mountain North-East-North of Heartman I had a zipline that also connected towards Mountain Knot. It's a serious of case optimization though to have one zipline that connects with three others, that one took me a while to nail down.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 17:58 on May 5, 2021

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Back when I first played the game I just saved that final chapter for the next day.

And when I loaded that save the song didnít start playing. I got the onscreen notification that there was supposed to be one, but all I had was sound effects and ambiance. I think it actually was better. Just another quiet walk...

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

You'll also find a lot of stuff from other players on that part of the beach. To me that was a hint that a lot of people got caught there.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Materials have a cap, one that is increased by certain deliveries. Places get more materials in stock over time, I assume it has to with the in-game passage of time (so mainly when resting in a room). By withdrawing materials regularly theyíll never hit their cap and you wonít miss out on some additional resources.

But IMO I would only claim chiral crystals and chemicals frequently. Chiral crystals have a lot of uses, are weightless and can be easily recycled when you need some to create items at a certain location. Chemicals are the thing I needed the most often when building zip lines later in the game. Especially when you want the first upgrade for the increased range most of the time.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jun 6, 2021

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Necrothatcher posted:

I always got the impression that making cool trailers was one of his favourite things.

Me too, especially based on this video (timestamped at 11:29).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjUpYlKs0nM#t=689s

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Jun 11, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Someone link to that video of that ridiculous MGS3 master playing Death Stranding please. I think it's relevant to the current discussion to see that again.