Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

David D. Davidson posted:

For what it's worth, if I'm able to I am going to pee in every hot spring in the game. So yes indirectly.

The game forbids peeing near hot springs, but I'm sure you can find a way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Funky Valentine posted:

Dan Ryckert played through MGS4, Peace Walker, and Revengeance and had to have explained to him that Kojima sometimes delves into some political themes.

New Dan is more adjusted than Old Dan, but he is still Dan "Wait, Pirates Stole poo poo?" Ryckert.

He watched Mother! and said that he wouldn't have seen the allegory if he wasn't primed for it.

He likes metal gear because it's about cool guys shooting stuff. This isn't a game about shooting stuff.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Necrothatcher posted:

I'm hoping it's ludicrously slow and contemplative. I want to cross mountains for an hour without seeing even a glimmer of combat. Just endlessly march across a tundra listening to chilled out music.

Hell yeah. Can't wait to walk for an hour to deliver something and then fall in a river and lose it all.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

DalaranJ posted:

The rain in Breath of the Wild existed for an important gameplay reason, and that reason was effectively “to piss you off”.
If you agree with that statement it stands to reason that you will enjoy this game.

My only issue with the rain was how people dealt with it. They set the controller down for 5 minutes and then kept playing as though it didn't exist. Clearly there needed to be a secondary pressure to force you to deal with the rain directly.
This game seems absolutely teeming with weird pressures and meters and annoyances that it won't have that particular problem.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
MGS4 and Peace Walker are both fine games.

MGS4 has a bunch of cutscenes and nanomachines, but you still sneak around. They even invented a new version of crawling called "crawling but really really slow." You can also buy a bunch of guns that you won't use.
Peace Walker has a bunch of repetitive post game boss fights that people didn't like, but the sneaking is still fun. You can't crawl at all, but you can invent doritos.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

The biggest MGSV bummer for me was the lack of all the goofy Peace Walker poo poo like giant human slingshots and functional cardboard tanks and ghost hunting.

It's amazing how much better ground zeroes was at expanding on this. They even took out all the little per-mission speedrun challenges and leaderboards for TPP.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Is there something wrong with the term "gameplay loop" all of a sudden?

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Look Sir Droids posted:

It literally means nothing.

When did this happen?

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Vikar Jerome posted:

its some new annoying gamer slang that popped up recently and people have been overusing it to pretend that they know what they are talking about when it comes to video game design and its transparent as gently caress that they do not.

It's been around for at least a decade. I haven't really noticed people saying it more. I checked google trends and it didn't seem to have a recent uptick.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

DropsySufferer posted:

It’s interesting Guillermo del toro who won an oscar last year for best director did not give hideo more help besides being a major character in the game.

I would think Guillermo would be giving Hideo hints and help on how to direct. Maybe the language barrier? :shrug: Maybe Guillermo just wanted to be in a videogame, wanted to be polite and not crush hideo’s dream?

That's not really how it works. You don't just idly fix a story with some "hints" when you show up to get your face scanned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
If you didn't have fun playing the game, it was still a waste of time even if it gave you equipment to beat the final boss.