Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Lexorin posted:

A game about killing Gay Devils?!? Sign me up!

I actually kinda like the Homodemens name though, But I don't think the internet is gonna be very forgiving.

It's a pretty good name, considering the whole theme the game is setting up about staying connected, and having the villains be people specifically in locked away homogeneous groups works towards that.

But right now it's just 'lol he said homo'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Gripweed posted:

Isn't the Homo in Homo Demons the Homo in Homo Sapiens? They're calling themselves a new race of people, demon men.

Honestly I'm not sure. I wouldn't put it past kojima to go for both honestly.

That said I wonder why not just go with homo daemonium in that case but eh.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Gripweed posted:

my guess is that the BBs are the person carrying them, like a clone or time displacement situation.

I thought that was implied from pretty early on, with Sam sitting in the middle of a void out stark naked. Together with the rain that speeds up time, I just assumed that it's a protection against that sort of thing so that they don't have to get another agent to do the work if one gets popped.

Gameplay wise it'll probably just be an excuse for why you can get killed but not have the game just end there and then.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Coolness Averted posted:

could also be they like listening to the enthusiastic weird dude and trust that the game'll probably be good due to his track record

Pretty much

I'd rather listen to him enthusiastically try to describe his ideas in a secondary language than any 'lol can you believe this guy' cynic irony

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Gripweed posted:

The database is an app that was released separately that can be accessed via the game. But it's rife with errors and is not in any way an accurate or canonical source. the Database doesn't count.

Nice meltdown

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

It has a transplant scar in the same place because he had the old one removed and put on a new robo one, holy poo poo dude. You don't just chop off more of your natural body if you're getting rid of a possessed demon limb. And Fortune was magic in MGS2 in the end, what is with you and picking and choosing what's actually canon based on completely random poo poo.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Coolness Averted posted:

it's kinda interesting seeing a bunch of 'lo fi' art being made by folks who arguably weren't alive during the eras they're modeling. You see stuff like any spritework being called "8-bit" or the way this stuff that was very much more ps2 level of graphics with a few "oh I'll throw in an over pixilated picture here or there." I mean don't you just feel old saying "heh, doesn't that guy remember what ps1 games actually looked like?" and then realizing, "No wait, there's actually a pretty good chance the animator wasn't alive in 1995, or was at least less than 5 years old"

meanwhile:

https://twitter.com/blokatt/status/779754951417487360

If I had the capacity to make a game, I'd totally go for the PSX look, probably megaman legends style. But I can't so rip

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Steve Yun posted:

Megaman Legends also looked great and still holds up graphically today because of the anime-ish art direction. Too bad the controls are terrible

:ohno:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Honestly, the decoy cargo is great to help avoid them, but honestly the MULEs go down so insanely easily that just knocking them out with nothing equipped is piss easy. Plus, they tend to have items equipped that you can just grab in your hand and smash upside their heads to knock them out in one. Plus it means you get a free go at their base, and maybe getting a vehicle or bunch of materials out of the deal, in addition to not having to deal with them for a bit.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

redreader posted:

My speed grade is really bad, 6. I can't seem to improve it. I made a couple of standard runs at TOP SPEED ON A ROAD ON MY BIKE and it didn't budge. Any ideas?

Speed is only affected by time-sensitive deliveries, as a measure of how much time is remaining on the clock when you complete the delivery. It doesn't matter how fast you get normal deliveries done, outside of the whole percentage of difference between the route you took and the shortest route thing.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I just got the ability to make ziplines and holy loving poo poo, I am gonna build a billion of these fuckers because they are the literal best.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPIL1yadnqY

Ziplines are absolutely insane timesavers holy poo poo.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

colachute posted:

I posted this in the PS4 thread but it’s probably better suited here.

How come the “likes” aspect isn’t getting more focus from a psychological perspective? I feel like this game is a huge social commentary on “likes”-driven culture, and it just feels like it’s this big elephant in the room that isn’t getting much attention from reviewers/gamers.

Like, most of the choices I make in this game are based on the amount of likes I will get. If I have to choose, I will almost always help people that will net me more likes.

Or maybe this was already beaten into the ground and I missed out on the discussion.

They actually do bring it up in-game, in some of the e-mails and interviews, especially regarding the MULEs. They talk about how they got addicted to the oxytocin rush from delivering a package and getting those likes and that's how they got how they are, and you're warned about chasing those likes too hard because you might become one of them. That's what some of the drugs you haul are for, because people are so cut off from one another that they don't get that feeling and have to get it through medicine.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

So I don't know entirely what the deal is with them but it looks like the gold 'drag you down' tar bodies just game over you instead of giving you a fight.

That'll make clearing this area annoying.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

jesus christ the novelist's son is a gigantic rear end in a top hat

just sign up for the loving network so I can complete the road already, holy poo poo, I've done five deliveries to you and you haven't gotten to even one star jfc

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Okay so I'm kinda confused about this tar lake crossing bit.

Like, I finished the game a week or so ago, but I'm hearing everyone talk about what happens when you cross the lake, but for me, all that happened was just slowly hoofing through it and then when I reached a midpoint I got grabbed and teleported to the other side. What all did I miss?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

DalaranJ posted:

They drop chiralium. The anti-bt gun is kind of a waste of time because later you get blood bullets for your regular gun.

You get blood bullets, but a fully charged shot from a level 2 anti-BT gun does immense damage, and is easily the fastest way to just nuke a boss short of carrying around a bunch of rocket launchers.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

The issue with that is the final extinction was supposed to just straight up blow the planet into dust so I don't think anything would've come out of it well.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

"We used to have things called 'Magazines'" is the worst line in the game

I wonder how many people will see that line but not know who's sending it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I never expected to see The Porter Who Lept Through Time but welp