Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Look Sir Droids posted:

I don’t recall Sony ever promising a PC release. If they were going to do PC versions of their exclusives, Bloodborne would have been ported a long time ago.

It was part of the initial deal with the new KojiPro (I believe Kojima also got the IP). But it's not been mentioned since, and iirc there was insider talk of that version being cancelled as Sony took on more of the production costs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

fwiw, the guy said he was speculating based on known information, no inside info.

https://twitter.com/Tanzen/status/1134078621398839296

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

acksplode posted:

Like when Sony bullshitted to gaming magazines about how shipping PS2 internationally would be difficult because export controls regulate the imports of hyper-advanced supercomputers.

and boy did that line stick

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i kinda want to see what kojima can do when he has no limits.

that's what makes the release date so remarkable to me

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

an actual dog posted:

What they have in common is that Quantic Dream and thatgamecompany aren't Sony studios, they were just contracted by Sony to make games for the PS4. This is also true of the new Kojima Productions, which means they may have the same kind of legal rights to make their own PC ports. Note that Sony isn't involved in these PC ports at all.

Well, they're still Sony properties. Sony had to okay them being sold there. (My guess is it somehow ties into Fortnite, and this is Sony scratching Epic's back for an earlier favor).

DS is different that way. Iirc, Kojima got to keep the ip.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Steve Yun posted:

the same way Ratatouille was a giant middle finger from Pixar to Disney when they were falling out

In what way? (I haven't seen Ratatouille since it came out)

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Donovan Trip posted:

I meant janky as in the animation had weird hiccups when he was punching dudes

That seemed intentional.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

"a signifier of goodness"?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

acksplode posted:

I don't know what you're referring to, which I guess speaks to the extreme mildness of what slapping a celeb on the box can do for a game's brand awareness.

Bethesda (Oblivion and FO3).

According to what CDPR told Game Informer, Keanu has a big role and is present throughout the game.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

do not forget cyber bowie!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

as far as simulating the psx look goes, this is pretty poor

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

gamescom presentation
https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1158740999184629760?s=20

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Is it me or was the lip syncing for del Toro's character rather unconvincing?

Don't like the Geoff cameo, but whatever I'm a curmudgeon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

JazzFlight posted:

I feel like this is going to be like The Last of Us in the sense that it's a game that's intentionally not fun to play. Something where you scrape and toil for every small victory. I think there's a place for those types of experiences in this medium, so I'm looking forward to it. I'm also a huge fan of weird art stuff like David Lynch's works, so if I have to climb up a hill for 30 hours to get to the next cutscene, then I'm fine with that.

IDK, elements of the gameified fed ex delivery looked fun. But it's probably one of those games you need to be in the right mindset before tackling.