Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

There's no way for two people to play on the same server is there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Can someone explain to me exactly how MULE sensors and Counter-Pulse work? Is it possible to sneak past them without triggering them? I can't manage to make the counter-scan thing work (yes I have unlocked it.)

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

If I just started Episode 5 (after 35 hours of playtime for the record) roughly how far into the game am I?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

MiddleOne posted:

It takes a true visionary to let the player dress themselves in cutscenes.

100% serious cutscene time!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Is there any way to know if a delivery order will unlock something for me or not? I noticed that some orders seemingly unlock some minor stuff like colors even though I already had 5 stars with the recipient.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Oof is it just me or is it getting really hot in here?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Shinmera posted:

It seems to me like the Bola gun is way better at taking out enemies than the non-lethal assault rifle, even though you get it way earlier. The rifle takes so many shots to down a dude and runs out of ammo super fast. I really don't see the advantage of using it. Am I missing something?

Enemies go down in like 2-3 shots in the head from an assault rifle and don't require you to walk up to them to kick them half the time.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I really don't know what to think about ziplines. On one hand they're very convenient but on the other hand they completely change the way the game is played to the point that I never walk a route more than 1.5 times AT MOST (less if I get lucky with online ziplines) ever, which sort of defeats the whole point of the game. Them being practically free to place doesn't help either.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Maybe it's just my playstyle but from a point where I unlocked ziplines I never walked to any new place without carrying enough PCCs to construct a zipline highway on my way back. It seemed to be most efficient.
That basically made the whole second part of the game a complete breeze.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

There are other porters doing poo poo other than Sam.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Do we have a release time for Director's Cut or should I assume 7PM CET as per Steam usual?

EDIT:

23:30, no timezone specified...Maybe JST? That would be 8 hours from now.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Mar 30, 2022

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

It's out.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Wow...they made the game extremely easy. All of these new things they throw at you extremely early and I haven't noticed anything to offset it yet.
Hopefully later on they'll introduce some more dangerous enemies.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

The combat wasn't exactly too difficult in the first place IMHO

I mean, yeah, that's the problem. It was already easy and now it's way easier.

I guess I'll see how it shakes out later in the game. Maybe Very Hard will compensate for it a little.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Anyone know if the PC version has the Dual sense trigger stuff and haptic feedback

Yes.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Does the game ever give an explanation to white Sams giving you stuff during boss fights or is it just a gameplay thing that never gets acknowledged?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Director's Cut has some lovely performance compared to the original. General framerate seems the same but certain effects, such as using the Odradek, cause huge framerate drops.
It's not deal breaking but fairly annoying.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I have noticed some new enemies I've never seen before, which is good.
In my current Very Hard playthrough I'm loving up roughly as often as on my first Hard playthrough, which is a good sign. I definitely wanted some challenge.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Also, they seem to have changed optional preppers. I couldn't talk to the Ludens Fan nor to the Cosplayer, how do you get access to them now?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

i'm trying to grind out floating carrier lvl 3 before I start heading for South Knot :shepface: I'm schlepping crap on a bike and some (admittedly pretty sweet) jump ramps back and forth across the rocks & river between Distro Center S. of Lake Knot and the Weather Station

shouldn't I have been able to fab Vans by now, tho? I forget

They moved some stuff around. You get a van once you do the junk peddler storyline.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I'm reaching the mid-game and the performance issues are starting to piss me off.
My PC is more powerful than the Recommended System Requirements in every single way and it cannot sustain 1080p/60fps even at lowest settings, they really hosed up the optimization on this one.,

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Stare-Out posted:

Also I've never had to use the weird plant shoes you find in the world. In fact, I've never had a pair of boots break on me because I've always just replaced them before they did and it was no big deal. It's too bad the difficulty setting only seems to affect combat and not the traversal part of the game.

Higher difficulties definitely make your balance worse and cargo takes less punishment. I also *think* that it makes you run out of stamina faster and your shoes wear out faster but I'm not completely sure on that one.
On Very Hard, at least in Director's Cut, MULEs can drop some really good shoes that last a while, so I never run out of them.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Stare-Out posted:

I've been playing the last 15 hours or so on Very Hard doing post game stuff and I haven't really noticed a difference. Maybe I'm just really good at taking care of Sam. :v:

I played the original version on Hard and playing through Director's cut on Very Hard and I'm definitely noticing situations where I eat poo poo now when I didn't before.
Literally an hour ago, I tripped on the tiniest of rocks and did a loving somersault before scattering my goods everywhere, without getting any balance prompts. I don't remember anything like that happening on Hard.

Although, maybe those are Director's Cut changes.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I just destroyed over 7000 units of metals and ceramics by accidentally falling off an edge with a trike.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

explosivo posted:

is there a trick to countering the enemy scanners? It says to hit mine at the exact same time but I rarely get it to work. Is there a tell based on the sound it makes or is the window just not that tight?

Trigger the security system, watch it's ping propagate and press RB right as it disappears.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Does doing Firing Drills unlocks anything?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Final sequence with Higgs is great.

The new underground place in the first map, you can't get all the way through it until later in the game, right?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

The new underground place in the first map, you can't get all the way through it until later in the game, right?

That's Episode 15, in case anyone else wanted to know.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The ending has been re-cut in the Director's Cut and it flows a lot better now without having changed too much. Definitely an improvement.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

queeb posted:

Can I come back to the first area later to 5 star stuff?

Yes.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

nah i meant the big boys from when you get caught

about charging blood grenades - how does that work? i know holding L2 has sam ready to fastball it instead of a lob, but is that it? i never see an apparent difference

I think you can only change lvl 2 grenades. It works the same way as charging an anti-BT Handgun.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

It's really difficult to convince myself to wear anything other than double batteries on my backback especially since they take up all of the slots nicely.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

I have beaten the game. We'll see if I'm tempted to get the director's cut.

....chapter 9 has a dude repeatedly call themselves the final boss and by god the game just kept on loving going after that, huh?

I enjoyed this game. Wish the story wasn't slammed and crammed into the backend.

Director's Cut has a re-cut ending that way WAY better paced in my opinion.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Sweet. I'm kind of hoping for a new playable protagonist though. Maybe Lou.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I hope the protagonist in the sequel is different. Maybe we could play as Lou.

Not that I dislike Reedus, just would be nice to get to explore a new character.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

unl33t posted:

If I plan on starting over for my new copy of the Director's Cut is there any reason to load my PS4 save? I don't believe there is a new game plus, but does anything useful transfer over if'n I'm not looking to continue progress?

No.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Director's Cut adds a new area to the first zone. There's a quest that starts there at the start of the game and ends there in the epilogue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

It's not really that the soundtrack fits the game perfectly, it's that the game fits the soundtrack perfectly.

Kojima found a new book he liked and a new album he liked and that became Death Stranding.