Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainSkinny
Apr 22, 2011

You get it?
No.

Spite posted:

I don't think that animation is hiding loading.

In Ch 6 You don't have anything to detect BTs and can get grabbed. The big guys are visible though and you can still kill them.

Same thing happens if you screw up bad enough to put BB into shock and he closes himself off. No animation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSkinny
Apr 22, 2011

You get it?
No.

I just wanted to chime on the Mama chat even if I'm late to the party, but when Sam and Mama are talking to each other, you can see Sam's breath in the cold, and Mama has none. I didn't see it mentioned yet here.

CaptainSkinny
Apr 22, 2011

You get it?
No.

Heartman's postgame email was really strange to me. In the last 21 minute window I met a woman, fell in love, and won't be searching for my family anymore.

CaptainSkinny
Apr 22, 2011

You get it?
No.

Macaluso posted:

The combat is in fact the worst part if it, and I honestly wish any fighting was restricted only to boss fights or the big BTs that can spawn. I wish Mules weren't a thing, I wish the terrorists REALLY weren't a thing. Any time it's just Sam alone trying to make his away across the landscape is the best

I just wish the mules in that area didn't become terrorists for basically no reason after you get to those mountains.

CaptainSkinny
Apr 22, 2011

You get it?
No.

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Is it weird that I want to start an offline playthrough?

No, I'm curious how that will play out too. If you decide to, please report back how it's different for you.

CaptainSkinny
Apr 22, 2011

You get it?
No.

The lesson I learned is that if a baby cries you should shake it as fast as you can to quiet it down again. That doesn't seem right to me though.

CaptainSkinny
Apr 22, 2011

You get it?
No.

In chapter 9, just after the you go through the metroids for the first time, the rain stopped. Then after going a little further, the gold BTs came out of the ground and I noticed it was still not raining. I thought that was weird.

On second thought, I'm most likely mistaken. I realized there's a timefall shelter nearby I must have passed under it and thought the rain stopped.

CaptainSkinny fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jul 10, 2020

CaptainSkinny
Apr 22, 2011

You get it?
No.

I'm having a post game issue. It's spoiler free, but I'll tag the locations. I'm trying to get back the timed delivery from Timefall Farm to Lake Knot City so I can level up. Over the past 2 days since I successfully made the delivery I've played about 10 hours, completed all deliveries from Timefall Farm and many going to it. I've wanted time preventing structure decay, and completed random deliveries elsewhere. I've tested in a room a dozen times. And there have been no deliveries available at Timefall Farm for over 48 real world hours.

What is the trigger I am missing so I can get this delivery available again? I'm on PS4 if that affects anything. I'm so close to the platinum, and this delivery is the only major thing in the way.

CaptainSkinny
Apr 22, 2011

You get it?
No.

The key to the counter ping is in facing the MULE that is trying to scan you. Once I learned this, I never had trouble again. Face the camera towards where their main building is and just spam the button a few times. Timing is not as important as I initially thought.

CaptainSkinny
Apr 22, 2011

You get it?
No.

I just started playing Talos Principle for the first time today. I was surprised at how many themes on death were there same as those in Death Stranding.

CaptainSkinny
Apr 22, 2011

You get it?
No.

Midjack posted:

You can build a string of mailboxes and set music on them but sadly iPods are a lost technology and there’s no chiral Spotify yet.

Not only that, but the PS4 version blocks you from using the real Spotify during the game. That's just unnecessary.

CaptainSkinny
Apr 22, 2011

You get it?
No.

Cowman posted:

I'm working on platinuming this game and I was wondering if bot deliveries counted toward the delivery achievement where you have to deliver 10/20 of the four types of deliveries.

If it's the trophy I'm thinking of, then no because bots can't get S rank.

CaptainSkinny
Apr 22, 2011

You get it?
No.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Except driving in a truck is like hammering nails into your dick with a jackhammer

Trucks don't flip over while turning on roads, even on 2 wheels. Drive faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSkinny
Apr 22, 2011

You get it?
No.

Thundercracker posted:

So what's the deal with the rumored Extended Edition?

My guess is that Sam travels across Iceland but the terrain looks like a condensed version of America.