Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012

abraxas posted:

I have a stupid question about Cliff and an endgame cutscene.

So when we finally see all the "BB flashbacks" for realsies at the very end, when you're supposed to bring Lou to the incinerator, we see the whole story put together for the first time.

Now this might make me seem like a complete idiot, but Cliff gets the gun from John, then kills his wife and grabs BB to try and escape. But when he kills his wife, he puts a pillow over her face and puts two in her head. What's that gonna do? She's already braindead and on artificial life support. You could probably cut her head off and she'd be fine (ignoring the blood loss, of course). Shouldn't he have shot her in the heart or something instead? I suppose "blood loss" is a good enough explanation.

I know this is such an unimportant stupid detail to get hung up on, but I really was like "wait, what? She's braindead... what's that gonna do?" when I watched that scene

To answer your actual question: It could be that only her higher brain functions are gone, so her Ka is dead, but her brain stem and stuff are still keeping her organs working. They don't say how brain dead you have to be to be officially dead in DS or if she's on a heart-lung machine or what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012

Modest Mao posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAcymz5dcwA

So dead bodies do become BTs complete with animation, and have to find and eat a living person

That's nuts that it's actually mechanically in the game. I just wish the dead bodies spazzed out like the one in the intro.

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012
I was delivering Mama to Mountain Knot really feeling the connection with my fellow players, using their roads, leaving gently used equipment in share lockers, and especially following the trails worn into the land by us all collectively. Get to the open area west of the mountains on a trike and I'm like "I don't have to check the depth of every river anymore, I can just trust my fellow porters and follow the trails they've blazed." Naturally I follow a trail through a river with red depth, my trike is immediately destroyed and Mama falls off my back and is stuck floating in the middle of the river. The current doesn't carry her. She's stuck exactly in the middle where I can't wade. I try going upstream and floating into her but that only pushes her under the water. She won't move laterally. Try climbing onto the trike corpse, not close enough. Try holding onto a rope but it doesn't help in water that deep. The whole time she's saying "Sam come back! Please don't leave me! I'm scared! etc." I start hoofing it to the distro center to get a ladder but hit the cargo distance limit and she dies.
I'm sorry Mama. :(

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012
E.T. but instead it's B.T. A young boy makes friends with a beached thing and has to help him get back to the afterlife. Spooky BRIDGES personnel quarantine his house, he ties the BT to his bike reverse trike by its umbilical cord, etc. BT strand home.

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012
Yeah strand genre is specifically about the mass co-op aspect. Kojima's whole deal was he wanted a game about players working together instead of fighting each other. Rope instead of stick. It doesn't mean just an open world game with tough terrain wtf.