Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

Mindblast posted:

So for giggles I googled if this game could potentially have a pc release and the first results mention that this is a timed exclusive. If this hits pc would that make this the first game that brings that Guerilla engine to pc?

Kinda? My understanding is that Kojipro got the source for the engine so I imagine it's heavily modified. That is, if it ever comes to PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
if I buy a cheap/used PS4 or PS4 slim and play this on my computer monitor will I have a good time, or is a PS4 pro recommended? I don't own a TV, so 4k and stuff like that isn't important to me.

this is the one game that is going to make me buy a console that isn't a Nintendo.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

Bedshaped posted:

I'm planning to just rent a PS4 Pro for how many weeks it takes to get the full DS experience and then buy it on PC later on.

That's not a bad idea, but I haven't heard any news about a PC release so I can't imagine its coming soon, and I'm probably going to play this game for awhile if it has the same staying power as MGS5.

Thanks for the info re: slim v pro. I already have a DS4 that I bought for my PC so hopefully I can pick up a slim on the cheap.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
Exclusive BTS footage:

https://youtu.be/KlMpN26ts7s

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
Well gently caress, I wouldnt have bought this PS4 if I knew it was coming out that soon. I figured it would be years before we saw it on PC.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
the fact that this game is making gamers lose their minds only fills me with even more resolve that it is the GOAT

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
This 5gb bug fix patch has really put a damper on my morning as someone with very slow internet. I didn't even get to play until the 15th because the preload took so long.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
This first fight with Combat Veteran is kicking my rear end on Very Hard. Keep getting jumped from behind by bad dudes and absolutely wrecked. I thought blood bags would make any kind of combat super easy but man do they ever tranfuse slow when you're getting chunked for 30% of your HP.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
I had a delivery disaster in the mountains and the cargo from like 6 orders was destroyed so I decided to just cancel everything. Is the 6 hour cooldown on those orders in game time or real time?

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
I was crashing every hour or so until I set the in-game option for Streaming Detail to "Default," then it was only once in awhile. Then I completely wiped my display drivers and reinstalled them and I stopped crashing all together. Worth a shot if you're getting those D3DD whatever crashes.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

fadam posted:

i7-6700k
1080ti
16gb RAM

I overclocked my processor a little yesterday so some part of me thinks it might be that, but according to the diagnostics I had running during the crash my processor was never even close to being stressed out in every case, and the crashes don't BSOD- they just freeze on the game, loop a fraction of a second of audio and lock everything up.

I had a similar issue to yours that I solved by completely deleting all of my video card drivers with Display Driver Uninstaller and reinstalling them. Had no issues at all after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
Man I hope it comes out on PC and it's not a Demons Souls situation where they're trying to get me to buy a PS5, as if I could even get one.