Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

This game, you guys. I'm doing a second playthrough on PC right now (since they released that Cyberpunk DLC-type stuff), and it's still Real Good.

Look at this pinnacle of online piss-competition!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

Keep On Keeping On

With your piss

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

I don't like that you can't pick stuff up when you're riding a motorcycle. It sucks.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

I took a trike from Mountain Knot to Lake Knot, because I had a highway. I also finished the pizza mission on my way back to the endgame, which was a real punch in the gut.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

It was really good, but also unintuitive. I hadn't gotten caught all game, so it took me a long time to figure out how to cross it.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

palindrome posted:

I get it but it's slightly annoying after the 10th recycle or so. But, it's thematic and I guess those 5 seconds of mashing the skip button help to world build.

Same with resting in the private room. Yeah, after the first 20 times I get the process. I wonder if hardware loading times had any input on these decisions

If anything it doesn't really make in world sense why you can create your own private rooms out in the wild. I would have liked if the cities and distro centres provide a service for you that you couldn't get anywhere else. Why else is it such a big deal that you can rest in a prepper shelter at five stars?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

I tried Mudrunner, because a friend told me I'd like it. Meh. The first thing you do is to reverse with a trailer and I can't do that. The terrain traversal is fine, but I miss the scifi trappings and giving live fish to weirdos in underground houses too much to really enjoy it. Also it didn't have BB.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

You should have been more careful.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

Shinmera posted:

He didn't, though. Iirc he wanted the world to be way bigger, the game way longer, etc. I'm sure he was told 'no' plenty of times during the development process of DS, too.

That's a good thing! Death Stranding is perfect in terms of length imo. America is weirdly compressed, but that's videogames babyyyy, they can't all be Daggerfall.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

It's a pretty good reveal, all things considered.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

Yeah I see what you mean. Sam feels very human in the way he moves and balances. You can stand at the bottom of a ten meter tall cliff (if you don't have ladders) and think, "well I'm never getting up that", whereas Kassandra could basically fly up it.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

With that limitation, I can see the pizza missions becoming legit difficult.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

Yeah, keep on keeping on and it'll be good

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

Juche Couture posted:

There used to be people called “directors”. They would oversee a creative project and steer it towards its goal. Kind of like how Bridges steers porters towards rebuilding America, don’t you think? 😊😊

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

Firstborn posted:

My favorite part was the oranges melting in real-time; sorcery

What is the Tanker section of MGS2 but a long trailer

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

Death Stranding: time4crab

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

I would argue that the game is weirder than its trailer. You got a lot of disconnected imagery, but having it all in context improved it a lot!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

dodgeblan posted:

there's no project in the history of human artistic expression that needs an unfiltered expression of the director's artistic vision less than Death Stranding

Yeah, I didn't walk away from it thinking "I wonder what Kojima thinks about X". I am curious about the possible Metal Gear shoutouts though, because there was not a single one in Death Stranding.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

They were, but there's one thing I don't like (and I'm sure has been talked over to death): you can't pick up cargo or crystals while riding a trike. It happened to me just yesterday: I was riding along, saw a golden hand, reflexively hit F, and careened off my trike, ruining my packages.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

The Cyberpunk 2077 missions rewards are amazing. Quality of life improvements that should have been in the game to begin with, like being able to always have your destination on screen. Also a loving silver cyborg hand that can punch good and makes you not use stamina.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

guns are for wimps anyway

https://i.imgur.com/JcCDF5o.mp4

i love this stupid drat game

What

I never knew you could throw them at people.

You're fighting them with irony. "Oh you want my packages? Here, have one"

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

Goddamn. Well, I know what I'm doing for the rest of the game now.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

What's everybody's optimal backpack layout? Do you use a cover? Is the stabilizer worth it?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

Khanstant posted:

Bride and Mohel confirmed new preppers in director's cut

They're in the same shelter, but only the Mohel speaks.

My issue with the cover is that I don't like how it looks. If you could choose a less ostentatious colour for it I would be more down to use it.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

Or, as it's known in the games industry, "DLC".

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

Khanstant posted:

You don't make everything you can colour be shiny gold?

I know I'm tremendously boring, but no. Cap is Bridges Blue, Ludens mask is white, backpack is Coyote Brown. I like how the cover looks once it starts degrading, but having a solid chunk of gold on your back feels really weird to me.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

I just got to the Heartman scene in my second playthrough and man, what a weird concept. Even seeing it again feels ridiculous.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

I removed mine after getting to Mountain Knot, partly because I don't like how they look, partly because I like to look at my stack as I'm walking, and partly because otherwise the LEGO brick attachments on the cargo containers wouldn't work. Suck it nerds. I know that's when I'll need it the most or whatever, but I find it easier to not fall down.

Sidenote, what's everyone's favorite spot for hunting BTs?

Philippe fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Jul 17, 2021

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

They should have allowed you to print a lethal weapon. Once. After that, Die-Hardman calls you and chews you out for doing it, and removes the lethal weapons from your crafting menu.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

night slime posted:

I dunno if they patched it on PC but PS4 only ever displays 10 as "available"

On PC you can see more than 10 deliveries at once. The list just scrolls.

Philippe fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Jul 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

Today I did some experimentation with the Gravity Gloves. It turns out that the two LCD displays on one of the gloves actually mean something! The hearts show how much blood you have (not counting bloodbags), and the teal numbers reflect how full your battery is.

In this image, I had unequipped all my blood bags and gotten rid of half my blood supply by throwing grenades. There are only one and a half hearts in this image.

In this image I had sprinted away a bunch of my electricity, and the battery is drained. Thus, the numbers have changed from 139 (which is a full battery plus an extra backpack battery) to 110.