Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat
man, mads mikkelsen really needs some baby wipes for his face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat
maybe yes?

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

tuo posted:

e: also I'm no gun nerd, but aren't the guns in the skeleton squad all from different wars? Like WW1 bolt action, WW2 semi automatic, up to Mikkelsens rifle which looks pretty modern

The gun Mads is using might be an ARAK-21, according to IMFDB, and the WW2 soldiers are most likely using M14's, which is also odd, seeing as it's more from the Korean War and the Vietnam War.

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat
I'd like to relink this video about MGS4 that I think has some good insights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93-_r0w7ykI

The title is a little clickbaity but it's good.

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

Gay Horney posted:

the war zone in act 1 and the compound in act 2 are loving sublime. can't say enough good things about them from top to bottom, really feels like sneaking through a war zone in a way that nothing ever has. and then that goes away and never comes back and you find out solidus was frozen in Carbonite.

i have to say, i enjoyed using stealth to actually support the rebels secure their zones in the first acts. hell, i think there's enough to the ideas and systems in the first acts that could be expanded to a full game someday. i'm pretty disappointed that MGSV never did anything like that, especially since we're fighting in morally gray, active combat zones like the African region

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

Heavy Metal posted:

No way it's an abomination, this video blows. One time when watching some MGS stuff with the boys we clicked on it as a goof, flipped through it a bit, it is a sham.

why do you say that?

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

Heavy Metal posted:

I mean, you like it because it's a critique that you agree with, more or less? And to me it's an annoying tone guy saying stuff that I find to be a sham in a very long winded way. Which hey, some people feel that way about this game, some don't, it's not exactly an unexamined game. This video would be like electrocuting my rear end essentially.

eh, fair enough

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

Space Panda posted:

I’m doubting the game will be higher that low 80s metacritic. It sucks but that’s the way it is.

i don't know what the longterm response will be, but i can guarantee that this will receive many perfect scores and accolades and rewards. this is 1) a kojima game, and i'm pretty sure he's a popular figure in industry, and 2) a kojima game, a man who's basically had a narrative built around him as an underdog who was unjustly pushed out of his own studio by dumbfuck greedy corporate overlords (for the record, i pretty much agree with this by about 85%). the critical response to this game is all but assured if past trends with metal gear solid and his own reputation ring true.

as to how good the game is, time will tell

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

CJacobs posted:

edit: I was also surprised that he criticized the game for having niche items with a specific purpose like the Oxygen Mask in the same breath as comparing the game to Metal Gear, which has tons of items made with a specific purpose which can also be utilized in creative or understated (but surely intentional) ways. Maybe he didn't try wearing it around BTs.

I'm sorry what? That's a thing you can do??

Cowman posted:

I had no idea you could cause avalanches by shouting :allears:

I'm sorry what now??? That's a thing you can do?!?

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

CJacobs posted:

Real pros play on Very Hard and delete their save file if they get anything less than SSS Legend of Legend of Legends on every delivery

are you a real pro, cjacobs?

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat
my favorite s rank strat is to not actually s rank anything and just watch someone else do it on youtube

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

CJacobs posted:

If Sam Porter Bridges could port Bridget's bridges, how many Bridges bridges could Sam Porter port?

yes

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

Zonko_T.M. posted:

Sam! Diehardman here. Sam, imagine four Sam Porter Bridges on the edge of a Cliff. Say a direct copy of the Sam Porter Bridges nearest the Cliff is sent to the back of the line of Sam Bridges and takes the place of the first Sam Bridges. The formerly first Sam Bridges becomes the second, the second becomes the third, and the fourth fights off the Cliff. Porting works the same way.
I know it's a challenge, but we're all counting on you, Sam!

Covering the world in clocks didn't bring an end to war and suffering. Don't act surprised when it all comes apart if you try to do it again!

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat
oh my god these loving names

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat
aaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA kojima and his puns

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

CJacobs posted:

Also, if Fragile's "I'm Fragile, but not that Fragile" thing sounds weirdly translated, it's because it is. What she's actually meant to be saying is "I'm Fragile; I deliver damaged goods*" or rather "though I bring damaged goods*, I am still Fragile". She's basically saying "my past doesn't define me". This makes their conversation (late game spoilers) just after Sam confronts Amelie on the Beach[ make a lot more sense: In both languages Sam says "you never did like breaking things" which prompts her to say the phrase, but it fits with the Japanese version because it's about broken things.

*"Damaged goods" is represented by the furigana for her name, it's another wordplay pun that does not translate to English in the slightest.

i actually thought the line was almost fine. it probably should have been "Just because my name is Fragile, doesn't mean I am fragile."

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Is there a localization thing that explains the "Princess Beach" line? Because that's the worst poo poo I've ever heard in a video game. People who hate the game and think it's boring should power through it anyway just so they can experience that terrible line and have proper context for it.

that's the best line in the whole loving game

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

dantheman650 posted:

Is a high or low projected post-delivery condition for bot orders good? I thought for sure high (as in this will be the package’s condition after delivery) but it seems like the opposite when I actually see the results screen.

yeah, it's a bit counter-intuitive: that percentage is how much damage the delivery has taken. so a 5% would mean it's actually in almost perfect condition; a 95% means it's almost completely ruined

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

CJacobs posted:

If you've never tried chucking an XL size container at MULE, do it sometime, if you get a sprinting start they fly pretty far and the result is humorous.

can i throw a box at a truck and make the truck explode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat
i mostly just hope that the trikes and trucks feel a little better to drive in the director's cut.