Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Hearing the game is divisive has me really excited to play it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Yeah even if I end up hating the game I’d much rather have an interesting/ambitious failure than something that tries really hard not alienate anybody even if the latter is “better”.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Kojima is right about French films.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Some of the films Kojima likes are like that too.

Like he’s mentioned Godard’s Alphaville before and that movie seems like its all over MGS2.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I’m still pretty early on but I’m quite liking this so far. It kind of feels like what Firewatch might have been if it were a big AAA release (And well had a completely different kind of story).

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I think the weirdest thing about Death Stranding to me is how it really doesn't quite feel like anything else I've played before. Anything I can think to compare it to also ends up with some huge qualifiers next to it that kind of defeats the point of the comparison to begin with.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Like this game makes a weird contrast with the other 2019 game by a displaced former Konami developer: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. I thought that was a fantastic game but its also pretty explicitly meant to evoke Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and all of the other IGAvanias.

Death Stranding is not that, and it seems like people may have been expecting Metal Gear Solid with the names changed? But its not.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Yeah honestly just figuring out how to descend a cliffside safely is fairly involved. Do I use a rope? Do I take risky jumps or safe jumps? If enemies are coming after me, do I try hiding or do I keep descending? If I keep descending, do I move more quickly? Do I drop any cargo I don't need to make myself lighter? etc.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I didn't know there were trucks you could steal in this game but now I'm totally going to commit grand theft auto.

This game puts forward a pretty convincing case that postal workers should be above the law.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The REAL Goobusters posted:

That kojima quote really got people mad on twitter lmao
I want Kojima to put Martin Scorsese in Death Stranding 2.

Maybe he hires Sam to deliver the last known remaining print of Rear Window or something IDK.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Finally got around to finish this. Ending confused me which owns.

Dlowmx posted:

Hi, should I buy this game or RE2 Remake.
I think RE2 Remake is probably the tighter experience overall, but Death Stranding is also a fairly unique game in its own right that's hard to really compare to much else out there. The intetions behind it and RE2 Remake are just wildly different.

I'd honesty say get both. I think they're both worth your time and money.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

As much as I enjoyed this game though, I have to say I find it a little troubling politically. ENDING SPOILERS: Like this is all a giant anti-abortion statement, isn't it? Like it seems hard to read the ending scene with Sam and Lou at the incinerator in any other way, where Sam saves her from getting incinerated/terminated. Hell the entire idea of the BB's kind of feels like that.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Dec 28, 2019

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Admittedly I had forgotten that detail you mentioned, which does complicate things.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Archenteron posted:

A terrible harsh truth has been revealed to me about the end of Chapter 3:
If you deliver the nuke to South Knot and get the game over screen, that means that you got the nuke delivered, aka... the FISSION MAILED

Kojima's pun game is strong in Death Stranding.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Ruffian Price posted:

Is this actually acknowledged in-universe? I'd forgive Princess Beach immediately if it was
Princess Beach owns.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

WaltherFeng posted:

Now that Death Stranding is out. What are your prediction's for Kojima's next game?

A lot of people are probably expecting him to do a horror game.

What I'd like to see is a war game from the civilian POV like War of Mine or Left Alive (except good)
I'd like to see him make games about increasingly mundane subjects but treated in a similar way as Death Stranding.

Like this was is his mailman game, next we need a game about, I dunno, working in a school cafeteria or something. If you don't make the chicken nuggets on time uh maybe continental drift starts spreading America apart or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

https://twitter.com/KojiPro2015_EN/status/1244557445331968000