Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Ignis posted:

Absolutely loved how Kojima, unprompted, went out of his way to clarify that you can't see Norman Reedus' dick in any way

Everyone was wondering

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

RatHat posted:

Can you though? They only showed using the bola gun on humans.

When people die they make huge spooky ghost craters so you're probably not allowed to just shoot people to death in this one video game

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Backpacking is cool and fun and I'd happily play this game just for that

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

great av

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

tuo posted:

Very very mild spoiler

If my piss is basically the equivalent of the ghostbusters' proton stream...why can't I piss BTs away? I mean my bladder is full most of the time because I forget to piss.

This absolutely ruins my immersion

e: I mean Sam's bladder...guess immersion works

Maybe he doesn't want to whip it out in the time rain

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Romes128 posted:

Agreed. There are some screens that get really information heavy and just looks like a mess of words and numbers.

Also weird that you keep empty crates on you after using whatever item it is.

Please don't litter

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

losing my mind at the 5 cans of monster they drop in this guy's room every time he checks in

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

was the regular flavor the only one to survive the death stranding

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

this game must have the smallest text i've ever seen in an hd game

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

^ hold L1

i'm still really early i guess because it's still introducing concepts to me but i just want people to stop talking at me and let me do a long challenging walk already

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I saw a rope next to a river, do they actually help

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Sekenr posted:

For people still defending this game as good I'm just going to post this:
Once, there was an explosion,
a bang which gave rise to life as we know it.
And then, came the next explosion

Hideo Kodjima a writer of words :D

What about it

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

its really minor compared to all the building but i love the way you can follow other players' paths and how they turn into trails after enough people walk them

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

that time i got real frustrated with all the mules and just beat the hell out of them is really paying off

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

20 hours, still in chapter 3. Only cowards progress the plot

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

let me attach a trailer to my truck kojima

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

emdash posted:

There's something like this, because there's a trophy for trading w/them

I got it by setting a box on the ground in front of them. Holding one might work too, dunno

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

BIG SARU still at it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEkULslCGNs

Not spoilery if you're in like chapter 3 I think

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Phenotype posted:

Got to a mission in chapter 3 where I get sent to steal a package back from some MULEs. Turns out it's right in the middle of their base, next to a tent just FULL of resource packages and, interestingly, two trucks. Welp, loaded a truck to capacity with ceramics and metals and drove it back to town and dumped it into a road (jeez, a full truckload barely moved the meter!). And now I guess I'm a truck driver instead of a runner, because I haven't seen any reason to leave my sweet offroad 4x4 and I'm able to cram tons of lost cargo and resources in the back with basically no downside. I guess I have to carry a couple extra PCCs to make generators when it runs out of gas?

I get the feeling I'm missing something when it comes to the MULEs. I get scanned without fail once I start walking around in their territory, and then they just hunt me down from where ever? I take off running and I'm pretty sure none of them have line of sight on me, but they always seem to know where I am. I dropped one of those fake cargo packages once and they still came after me. And then the combat happens, and I just sorta absorb a blow and beat them down by mashing square, or if I want to get fancy I can grab one of their packages and beat the others over the head with it. I just got the bola gun and it's kinda neat but it's the same thing, I can play with it but it's not really any better than just mashing square.

If you want to sneak into mule camps drop all of your materials and delivery cargo outside their scan ring. Equipment doesn't ping back, they just want your deliverables.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

marktheando posted:

I tried throwing them at the ghosts but nothing seemed to happen :shrug:

I think it makes them visible when you're not sitting still

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

When do you get the zip line

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Just think about all the likes you'll get for building all those roads alone

Spite posted:

chapter 5

drat guess I should actually move forward before I go back and gently caress around in the starter area

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I haven't been taking any materials out of shelters because what if I need them some day and instead built most of the roads between lake and the distro center solely by knocking over mule camps. They have so many materials it takes 3 or more trips with one of their trucks to fully clean them out.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

That is extremely valuable info thank you. I really do need to make some progress

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Terra-da-loo! posted:

I know I've seen others having trouble with 'em, too, but I was wondering, what are some tips for dealing with BTs? I get that it's basically hot and cold, and you use the odradek or whatever it's called to sense their direction and distance, but in all my encounters so far, they've managed to get their hands on me. Of course, due to that, I also know it's easy to get free from them, but it's still a nuisance. I find myself going way way out of the way to try and go around them. Surely I'm doing something wrong. Maybe there's a good video on how to best handle em?

They're visible when you stop moving. You only need to hold your breath when the thing is orange and spinning, you can move normally (crouched) while it's blue and clicking. If you make a noise and one notices you (the scanner will stop moving and just point all 4 fins in its direction) you aren't instantly boned, the PT is going to move toward where it heard you so just quietly move away from its handprints.

If you need to take a breath while you're in orange spinning range stop moving before you release the trigger to get your stamina back. Usually won't notice you.

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Nov 15, 2019

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

The junk dealer quest line is hands down the strangest loving thing I've seen in this game yet

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Raptor1033 posted:

Will another player be able to use them if I go back to chapter two areas and drop a set of extra robolegs in a shared locker? Or can they not see such stuff until they unlock it themselves?

Also I just found a lvl 2 bola on the side of the road and I'm real pumped to sever some BT umbilicals

Pretty sure you can't see them in lockers until you've unlocked them yourself

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

in the shared locker there will be a category that's called something like "Cargo for Sam", that's what the exclamation mark is for

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Got zip lines and went back to the starting area and it's a full pain in the rear end getting around, there's like 10 BT zones in this tiny area and I don't have enough coverage to put zip lines over ALL of them argh LOGISTICS :argh:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Things I wish were in this game:
An option to turn off the odradek unfolding animation
A way to filter which icons you see on the map
A real rear end topographic map
A way to measure between points on that map for zip line and bridge planning. Best you can do now is measure between a point and yourself
I would also like zip lines to be visible on the map

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Nov 17, 2019

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

turns out smashing my bike into the same mule every time i drive through their territory wasn't a good idea

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

the game doesn't put like a level on the pizza to make sure you're keeping it actually perfectly straight the whole time, you can put it flat on your back and then ride a bike the whole way there, 0% damage

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I spent the better part of an evening putting together a zipline from South Knot City, to the Chiral Artist, all the way up to South Distro, to Wind Farm. Also included Film Director (somewhat close) and Junkyard.

I'm almost out of bandwidth, what's the max?

I guess once I've maxed out some of these out of the way preppers, I'll have to break some down so that way I can set up a zip line through the mountains too...

I wish literally anyone else was putting down ziplines, but they aren't showing up in my world...

Do I have to make new strand contracts or something? I am already maxed out at 30/30

EDIT: also, how do you swim? I have the otter hood but can't figure that part out.

EDIT2: If you keep powerslamming the Timefall Porter, eventually, apparently, it runs out and goes back to monster. Does anyone know how to get it back?

You need to progress forward a little before you'll see other players' zip lines. Go do the story delivery it wants you to do. Made the same mistake.

And maybe don't get carried away linking up that new region with zip lines right away because I'm betting they won't show up there until you progress even further.

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Nov 18, 2019

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Can't use a truck to transfer goods from Junkyard and Chiral Artist and vice versa :colbert: Also, biking over very rocky terrain kind of sucks rear end. Using ziplines to just completely zoom past BT zones owns.

Too loving tedious otherwise. Same deal with the Wind Farm and Science station, glad that one's almost done too.

I might just five star these shits then break the ziplines down to free up bandwidth to repurpose in the mountains instead. Most of these South Knot preppers don't have great rewards, except the artist has great boots.

What's the story delivery? I lost track. I know there's the second stage of pizza delivery that they want me to do from south knot.

at the central distro station

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Kin posted:

I was gonna ask if it's best to link every destination with zip lines after you unlock them, but remembered the bandwidth limit.

Do they use up that much? It seems like the most efficient way to get around and avoid BTs even with lower cargo weight limits compared to trucks.

500 each, it adds up quick. You're going to want to adapt to the online ones you find, which isn't so bad because everyone wants to do the same thing you do.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I imagine zip lines are a lot like roads in that you'll just need to fill in gaps here and there if you progress until you can see other players' contributions. But if you jump the gun and run your own lines early you might not even see online ones, like building roads before they're on the network.

Like I currently have 0 online zip lines around the mountain distro center and I doubt it's because no one online could be bothered to put any down there. I'm sure I just need to move forward more.

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Nov 18, 2019

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

On hard they do frequently take more than one grenade, I've had some take 3

Also learned that it is possible to temporarily clear out a BT zone. When I accidently killed a guy and had to run him up the mountain to the ep 2 incinerator I found like 15 BTs in my path and rather than find another way around I just broke open 4 cases of blood grenades on them and eventually they got fed up and left, taking the rain with them.

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Nov 19, 2019

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Ice Fist posted:

I did a mission for the Collector last night that took me to the crater of Middle Knot to collect cargo and I went to town on the BTs. Initially I let myself get grabbed and killed the big BT thinking the cooldown before BTs would show up again would be longer (I was wrong, it was like 2 minutes at most). Then I just started dropped the BTs while I collected the cargo. I went through all of my blood bags and must have killed about a dozen of them.

Most of the time I don't bother though, unless there's one blocking an exit or something.

Speaking of this mission, I got super pissed off because I could only find 5 out of the 6 boxes. I spent an extra 20 minutes scouring and scanning that crater and never found it and I don't remember it getting destroyed. Anyone have a similar problem.

Yup, I couldn't find box 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

son of a bitch