Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Death Stranding is a good game. That's just a fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

ymgve posted:

in contrast with for example Skyrim where you couldn’t walk like 20 feet without hitting some Draugr infested tomb

Why are you saying this like it's a good thing

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Hamelekim posted:

The great thing is that you can skip or rush through all the dialogue and cutscenes, which is what I've been doing.

I'm really getting into the gameplay after being a little iffy on it at first. Now that I have weapons to deal with BTs and just got to chapter 3. I stayed up till 3am playing the game before going to bed. I didn't do that for Outer Worlds, bounced off it real quick.

I guess what I'm saying is that Death Stranding is a better game than Outer Worlds.

Outer Worlds sucked tbh

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Does Norman Reedus have irony poisoning too or does he just like everything with his name in it.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I started playing this via a redbox rental.

The wife has never seen a Kojima game before and has no idea what she is in for. She is both horrified and interested in the story. One of her quips was "This is terrible, don't you dare let BB get hurt, he's just so cute I can't stand it, I want to protect this virtual baby"

I personally am finding the controls clunky and a bit frustrating to have to either constantly hold R2/L2 or deal with the QTEs, and at the same time find it kind of relaxing in a sense.

Don't like the BT encounters though, could do without those, especially if I'm carrying a full load of goodies, it's then hard to see the "warning" indicator from BB. I wish there was a way to tell what area is a BT area so I can just avoid the whole thing.

Also is there any point to getting max 5* with a zone, or is just barely filled in 5* enough? I got a hat from the first node.

Pretty sure the BT areas are places big black strands in the sky.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

FallenGod posted:

Bold move to give a long cutscene to someone phonetically sounding out a language they don't actually speak.

This game is about building bridges and forming connections. No need to be a MULE about it.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Imhotep posted:

This is a good idea, I haven’t listened to them since Allejulah! Don’t bend, Ascend!, but I have a Spotify playlist of electronic stuff that are just as dark and have the same sound palette, but is a bit weirder, like Burial, Arca, Oneohtrix Point Never, Clark.. but then I discovered you can’t listen to Spotify in game. Which I can understand I guess, since even tho I hate low roar, I was pretty amazed by the sequence with ‘Asylum for the Feeling’, which I kinda want to do a Godspeed You! Black Emperor style remix of now..

Low Roar is fine in the context of the game I guess but both Silent Poets songs are great. They’re the only ones I care to listen to again.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

untzthatshit posted:

Hard mode changes literally nothing except for enemy health/damage and even then it's not that hard. And you can change the difficulty at any time.

Doesn't it change some traversal mechanics too? Like stability goes down faster in water and it's easier to trip. Also items degrade faster.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

ColdIronsBound posted:

Just started playing this on PC and the story so far is proper poo poo.

Look this is one of those games where the story is objectively poo poo but also still great somehow, so if you don't like it now it won't get any better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Can't believe I'm staying up until midnight for the launch of Death Stranding for like the 3rd time in two years.