Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

fadam posted:

Homo Demons? Oof, that's a yikes from me chief. Real tea? it's time to do better Kojima. I'm tired of goalposts always being moved in favor of the gatekeepers.

What?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

My uncle works at Nintendo, so I was able to get my Collectors Edition early. Jealous much?

That baby looks mad

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Steve2911 posted:

He's probably just mad that Hayter's beautiful voice turned 'Metal Gear?!' into a franchise-defining meme.

Hayter did a good job with all the weird translated text and being able to deliver the end of every other characters sentence back to them as a question or an affirmation that progressed their dialogue.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I'm really looking forward to just exploring. Getting around on a cool bike with cool tools as extremely weird poo poo unfolds sounds fun to me. Hopefully this game's world has Kojima lovely touches in high density as a counter to MGSV which controlled dreamily but didn't have much to discover outside the main plot areas.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Yeah what the gently caress?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Just buy it after it comes out if you must know everything about the game and let the Kojima faithful play it while going haha wtf why did I buy this along with me.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Look Sir Droids posted:

Tbh I can’t think of a single game I knew how it plays until it came out and I played it. I mean what do you expect to know this far out?

I feel like we've got more than enough from a few gameplay and story trailers. This isn't super opaque like The Phantom Pain's first trailer (which owned so hard).

It's pretty clear that the game is:

- set in some post-cataclysmic dystopian United States (ghosts?)
- is a 3rd person open world stealth game where killing is discouraged
- it's full of kojima brand bullshit
- has a focus on world traversal using methods that aren't the usual hold up to climb. Will this be annoying? No one knows. Looks like it will be a subjective call for the player.
- you will need to collect and deliver items for reasons
- Die-Hardman

Sounds awesome.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Donovan Trip posted:

I meant janky as in the animation had weird hiccups when he was punching dudes

I got you, I think that will be a product of the current build.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Gripweed posted:

I expect to be going omg this is fantastic as I play it, as I have during every Hideo Kojima game

Me too I'm just joking I can't wait

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The baby is you.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

acksplode posted:

Hideo Kojima is getting tired of everyone's bullshit, if you just listen to him it's very simple:

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1136074622711975936

Thanks for this clarification, Kojima-san.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

This game is going to be loving awesome lol

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

When you invade you play as Mads.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Ocelot pretended to be possessed by Liquid but he copies everything he sees so he pretended to be possessed by Liquid because he was possessed by Liquid.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Adaptabullshit posted:

According to Stefanie Joosten, the model who was the face for Quiet, Kojima had asked her to play Fragile in DS and then never followed up.

https://youtu.be/J5Grr35FwnI

Kojima throws out the lines and when the biggest fish bites he reels it in and boats away.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Skeletron posted:

Holy gently caress what the poo poo are ya'll talking about. I guess I should be glad I opted for an Xbox in 2001 and missed out on everything past MGS 1.

If you are in the Death Stranding thread because you are interested in Death Stranding, you've done yourself an enormous disservice missing out on MGS2 forward.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Skeletron posted:

I'd love to pickup where I left off 20 years ago if the PS5 ends up having PS2/PS3 compatibility. I've heard great things but the story reminds me of one of those long-running comic books that's gone in so many different directions over the years any discussion inevitably sounds like utter madness.

It absolutely has and it's a joy if you're on the ride. My PS3 broke down and I bought a replacement for a hundred bucks a couple of years ago and all I wanted it for was to play the MGS HD release once a year.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

mysterious frankie posted:

he's mopey and gave people motorcycles once. practically a saint.

but seriously, he's enjoying elevated cachet at the moment.

He pops up in a lot of places doing nice things for people. He's extremely rich but seems grounded and people like it. He paid for a woman's excess baggage at the airport one day for instance. His public image is that of a righteous dude.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You idiots, you absolute clowns... 50 Cent pioneered this poo poo.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

acksplode posted:

Didn't they try to put Bruce Willis in a PS1 game? I remember the EGM cover story, but I can't remember if that actually got released, or was cancelled, or ended up becoming something totally different.

It's called Apocalypse and it owned.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Rinkles posted:

do not forget cyber bowie!

Omikron also owned. Celeb games are demonstrably good.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Can you choose to RP and just piss your pants when the ghosts turn up

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

If you want this game to be fun then lol I've got bad news.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Game is going to own just play it

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Space Panda posted:

I’m hoping it is good. Im still day one. But I’m fearful this could be a disaster worse than anything that the PlayStation nation has faced since The Order 1886.

This is crazy talk you're crazy.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

ThomasPaine posted:

I mean mgsv was good gameplay wise but easily the weakest plot in the series and totally failed to live up to the hype and I KNOW much of that was konami's fault but I can't help feeling a little wary about DS

I actually like the plot end to end, it just falls to poo poo because of the game's structure and missing the final mission. Big Boss's plan laid out is cool and it would have been a lot more fun in a MGS3 kind of game with major installations or scenarios tied together with what is now de jour Dark Souls interconnected areas and branching pathways of open space. It's a real shame because I read that Kojima envisioned you sneaking through a Russian armoured column in the open world and it just never eventuated for many reasons.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Space Panda posted:

From what I’m hearing death stranding has way more cutscenes but the general structure and mission design is MGSV like

Which is fine if it's finished and the structure of the narrative fits episodic missions, which it sounds like it will given the mechanics and the story.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Space Panda posted:

I’ve been browsing the reset era spoiler thread. Just be careful because there are full on story spoilers along with some gameplay impressions.

Anyways there is already hilarious back tracking and rationalizations going on to explain the sub 90 meta critic that’s incoming. People saying things like people need to have realistic expectations that it’s just a delivery game. That Kojima should not have shown the TGS footage as it spoiled too much of the game. Pretty hilarious stuff when you consider everyone was expecting game changing revolutionary stuff a few months back.

It's a stealth action game.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

WaltherFeng posted:

Sounds to me like people think reading about the game is same as actually playing it.

I want to know what these predicted Sekiro's metacritic score as because it has no Souls RPG or online features and therefore it must be bad because it's clearly a lesser game.

I bought dark souls remaster in the sale and this game is the same boring dogshit I played when it came out. Sekiro 2 when

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

WaltherFeng posted:

And it's fine to think that way but predicting metacritic score based on someone else's experience or reading a list of features is insane.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

If the game is divisive that's good I'm sick of bland do nothing games trying to please everyone

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I've seen spoiler tags that want me to click them and now I am removing myself from the thread. I hope everyone enjoys Hideo Kojima's Death Stranding in a couple of weeks!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Seems weird to announce this now instead of a later announcement and releasing it a year later on PC

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Macaluso posted:

Launch trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-hyFSivSmw

In very Kojima fashion, it's nearly 8 minutes long

Nice! Time to watch some Kojima. See you in eight minutes to post the Krusty "what the hell was that" gif.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I'm so loving excited.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Gologle posted:

I read somewhere that once George Lucas became famous, wealthy, and powerful enough, there was nobody left around him to tell him no to any of his terrible ideas. I have a feeling that Kojima has reached that level.

Except it's a good thing in Kojima's case

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

ZZZorcerer posted:

PYF Shinkawa art

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

IGN man broke the review embargo saying:

“Tomorrow is in my hands, and it is breathtaking, easily one of the most unique and stunning experiences I’ve had in all my years of gaming"

Then the tweet got deleted after kojipro said thanks for the nice review.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

teacup posted:

I’ve managed to not watch much of the stuff beyond the Guillermo del toro trailer other than knowing you have ladders and maybe some delivery stuff. I’m getting this game either way. Should I watch the launch trailer or is it really spoilery?

Also in that early trailer it had a lot of WW1 imagery that I don’t think has popped back up since (well I haven’t seen it in the few screens here and there I’ve seen, maybe there is heaps of it!) is this aesthetic still in the game?

I watched it twice and I don't know if I've been spoiled or not. I have no idea what this loving game is really about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Presenting Nipples posted:

Kohima loves to make trailers and I consider them apart of the experience of death stranding, you might be spoiling yourself by not watching it :ocelot:

Yeah the Kojima Game full experience is always great.