Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malcolm Turnbeug
Mar 21, 2018

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. My opinion on it was so goddamned stupid someone who doesn't give a shit about sailor songs is gonna make me pay five whole dollars to change this avatar as a punishment.

I'm starting to get reports of deteriorating ziplines back on the east side of the central region and I really should keep them all repaired until I at least finish the pizza delivery missions but honestly there's a pretty good reason ziplines get given to you when you've already been up the mountain, because causing avalanches hitting the "callout" button while ripping above the snowy peaks loving RULES.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Turnbeug
Mar 21, 2018

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. My opinion on it was so goddamned stupid someone who doesn't give a shit about sailor songs is gonna make me pay five whole dollars to change this avatar as a punishment.

That's the novelists son who opens up for available incoming and outgoing deliveries once you pick up some lost cargo of his and give it to him. That's also the point where roads got crazy expensive so I just made ziplines instead. Don't know if his first lost cargo drops are random or not but I found it pretty close to the distro centre

Malcolm Turnbeug
Mar 21, 2018

Yeah I tried to zipline chilled deliveries and it barely ever works, you need to use a truck, which are apparently refrigerated, I never got any cargo degradation messages that way

Malcolm Turnbeug
Mar 21, 2018

I put an obscene amount of playtime in, something like 100 hours and then I stopped at heartmans chapter just to give the game a breather because of how funny the first scene in his lab is

Please don't ask me what I was doing for that time I have no idea I'm just mentioning what steam tells me

Malcolm Turnbeug
Mar 21, 2018

The extra bandwidth you get for superfluous but awesome ziplines is incredibly key

Malcolm Turnbeug
Mar 21, 2018

I can't remember who gives out high density chemicals and special alloys but you could probably tell by the density of my level three lines

Malcolm Turnbeug
Mar 21, 2018

I remember just smashing mules in the face with acquired chemicals and alloys before I got ziplines and I was so absolutely reckless and it hurts me to recall

Malcolm Turnbeug
Mar 21, 2018

I was really loving stoned when Higgs showed up so I formulated his completely normal loving name was a kind of refutation of fatalism. In hindsight Kojima probably just thought it sounded cool

Malcolm Turnbeug
Mar 21, 2018

I realistically haven't given horizon enough of a shot yet to come in too hot about it but it seemed perfectly fine with nothing special about it but nothing obviously bad either

Malcolm Turnbeug
Mar 21, 2018

is it a particularly easy engine to mod? i've been asking the nerds who mod skater xl (unity) for that for ages and they just tell me to turn down the game music and play spotify or whatever so I can't imagine anyone could be bothered with a more complicated engine like the HZD one

Malcolm Turnbeug
Mar 21, 2018

I'd like it if music assigned to ziplines played the whole time you rode them. It would be a genuinely good thing imo, and also way funnier to perfectly place great ziplines that play the obnoxious industrial track that's in the selection. If for whatever reason people on your shard aren't upgrading their or your ziplines it's also a great way to incentivise them already which would be made more effective

Malcolm Turnbeug
Mar 21, 2018

You'd think the mule trucks for sure would have a short wave fm transmitter that plugs into the 3.5 Jack on a Sony Discman

E: sorry realised I posted spoilers for the name of what I assume is the final boss (I haven't finished it yet)

Malcolm Turnbeug fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Nov 28, 2020

Malcolm Turnbeug
Mar 21, 2018

CJacobs posted:

Knowing this game's themes it'd actually be spelled Sonny Discman

Rude of you to own me so badly by coming up with the perfect version of my joke and then quoting it so I can't edit it and claim it

Malcolm Turnbeug
Mar 21, 2018

CJacobs posted:

Hey, you built the PCC, I just provided the ceramics.

I'm not near my computer. Putting out a supply request for an audio sample from 'rollin' by limp bizkit embedded in this. Thanks.

Malcolm Turnbeug
Mar 21, 2018

It's actually a protective headpiece iirc. I dunno if I need to spoiler that. I keep forgetting I have it on

Do we have a specific thread somewhere to substantively argue the semantic quantifying differences between an email and a DM in the platonic style? It's this thread I'm pretty sure.

Ive already got 'so a Reddit private message is an email?' hot in the clipboard

Malcolm Turnbeug fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Nov 29, 2020

Malcolm Turnbeug
Mar 21, 2018

I remember streaming in a goon discord and someone watching me and giving me poo poo for not just getting off the bike and walking during an area like that but there's something insanely satisfying about getting the timing right and just flying across a rocky atoll

Malcolm Turnbeug
Mar 21, 2018

Rebinding my right trigger to 'like' so I can just hold it down while stumbling sideways off a bridge to give props

I still remember when I was a lad getting really stoned listening to radiohead and trying to design an RPG system where the only currency or levelling system was 'props' and tbh I'm glad Kojima managed to pull it off

Malcolm Turnbeug
Mar 21, 2018

I haven't really encountered any actual value in the likes apart from nice brain chemicals being released. I might be wrong. I'm also pretty sure it doesn't have to have any players actually playing at that moment to do what it does with their structures iirc

Malcolm Turnbeug
Mar 21, 2018

I don't actually know how it works but I was under the impression you share structures with a certain number of players. They don't have to be active in the game at all. The game pulls their structures where appropriate regardless of if they are online right that second. I haven't seen another players structure come down unless I remove it

Malcolm Turnbeug
Mar 21, 2018

The fifty or so "piss here ' signs placed around my 'no pissing' sign outside capital knot is enough proof to me that it still works

Malcolm Turnbeug
Mar 21, 2018

They should patch it so that if you never piss you are just constantly pissing your pants. No gameplay effects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Turnbeug
Mar 21, 2018

I assume it's roads, not much else uses crystals but once you start upgrading them they use a LOT