Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

MGS4 was bad because as soon as I got used to the controls, and started to enjoy it, all of the mechanics changed. Suddenly it was a rail shooter, and then I had to fight robots in a manner different than the humans I had been fighting, and then I was playing Virtual ON.

By the time I had to sneak around humans for the final mission, I lost all of my relevant MGS skill.

MGS4 is so much of a non-cohesive minigame fest that it should be a launch title for a nintendo console.

But on the main topic: if DS is just good gameplay wise, it'll be amazing just because of it's ridiculous story and setting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I'm going to play this dumb game and I'm going to love it. Dumber, dumber, I say! More walking! More pissing! More Babies! More whale corpses! More Homodemons!

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

The menus are so bad in this game. It's a lot of work to see what I'm carrying, and where it has to go.

I'm liking it otherwise, but for a game about which base you leave which materials, I'm having a hard time.

I can see on the map where I want these materials, but actually dropping those materials off and seeing the stocks are a different matter. Good concept ruined by a poo poo interface.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I forgive the menus.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I need help on where to go in chapter 4. I just got through the WW1 trench. I'm back in the real world, and I'm told to go to Mama. There is no mission or delivery available though. Do it just head in a certain direction?

Edit: Nevermind. It's on the map and right next to me.

The Human Crouton fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Nov 17, 2019

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Yep. Thanks you two.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I really wish that some other people on my server would build roads. I'm responsible for 9/10 segments on my map.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Hat question: What does the Santa Hat do? I can't find its function anywhere online.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Am I the only one deconstructing useless bridges to nowhere that show up in the world with 100000 likes? because gently caress those things

It doesn't give you bandwidth or resources back, but it does seem like there is a hard cap on the number of online structures that show up in your game, so deleting them does force other ones to spawn in your game, at least that I've seen.

I do because they throw me off when I've got a good route set up. I want to set my waypoints to my structures and know that I'm not going to end up someplace stupid.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

The private room stresses me out because I don't know what Norman Reedus wants. Like why did he point at the sink? He just needed to blow a raspberry so badly, and he needed me to see it?

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Steve Yun posted:

Confirmed just now that if you run into ghosts while flying on a zip line, you just pass through them and don’t get caught

Still scary though.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

just noticed (minor midgame spoiler but I didn't find it till well after the end) if you drink all the beer and Sam trashes his room there'll just be cans of Monster waiting for you again instead at the next private room lmao

That's hilarous. I was wondering where my beer went. I thought it was just a temporary perk, but it makes sense that they cut Sam off.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Juche Couture posted:

I got this game 3 days ago now and I love it; I get the same enjoyment that I do from skiing around looking for points of interest in Steep.

The problem I’m having is with the multiplayer element. I’m currently only on Chapter 3. I get the point of it - cooperation makes survival in a harsh world possible. But, at the moment it completely negates any challenge, and rather spoils the desolate world feeling. Even with signs turned off, it feels like there’s so much stuff everywhere; I can usually tell the best route to a location by the positions of ladders and bridges.

Should I stick with it? I’m really tempted to start a new offline save.

In a couple of chapters, you will likely appreciate other players structures more. I felt the same as you in chapter 3, but the game does get to the point where it would be a total slog without other player's buildings. I know it's fun now to do things on your own, but later on you will be so happy that someone farther along knew what bullshit you're about to go through and built a [STRUCTURE_TYPE] to help you out. You could build it yourself, but you would be making extra trips to every destination, and that's not as much fun later in the game as it is when the game is fresh. Overall, playing offline doesn't make the game more challenging, just more tedious.

I think you should keep going as is.

The Human Crouton fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Nov 23, 2019

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I convinced my friend to buy the game when I told him that I had full zip-line network to take me anywhere, but then I got an order that could not reasonably be carried on my network and required me to drag two full carts over mountain peaks and it sucked and it was boring. He was sold.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Spite posted:

what's with all the people online sticking ziplines in valleys? put that poo poo at the highest point people, drat. you can basically build them anywhere if you fiddle with the placement enough.

I tried, but every high point seems to have one jerkly placed rock in the way of the path that makes the line near useless.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

Would have appreciated a couple spoiler tags on the pizza deliveries reward, ngl.

Just do your job and deliver pizzas.

loving millennials.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Colonel Whitey posted:

Annoying rear end mechanic is the private room crafting, I just want to make another backpack cover but I don’t have enough donated materials at this location so I have to loving sit through another two loading screens so I can donate chiral crystals and come back here and craft a backpack cover. Why in gods name can’t I do this from the terminal?

I had a 10 minute ordeal to create a backpack cover once. Between claiming materials, and recycling, and sleeping, and then forgetting what I came here for after having to skip 4 cutscenes every step I took. Menus are a nightmare.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Shadow225 posted:

Not reading the thread because I don't want to be spoiled, but did want to ask a question.

How long did you all spend in chapter 3? I just fibished it and I'm at around 19 hours played, about 10 of those probably in 3. Is the rest of the game paced quicker?

There's another chapter that takes a while, but many are shorter chapters. (I'm on 9)

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I need help on chapter 12. Is it supposed to be a slog? Am I supposed to lose dozens of times? I keep dying to the whale because it takes so many shots to kill and it's raining the whole time and damaging my cargo. So I can't even be patient. Any advice helps.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Kongming posted:

Be patient. I thought I was going to fail because my cargo damage was almost 70% once i killed the whale and the game says "less than 50%" but it doesn't actually matter. So just take your time whittling the boss down.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Yes it's a slog. Be patient. Pretty sure the rain doesn't actually damage your cargo because that fight took a while and nothing of mine broke from rain damage. Pray that people toss you the lock on rocket launcher or even the quad. Or pelt it with a grenade then shoot the red spot.

Thanks. Patience worked. The mechanics of the game led me to believe there was some trick to it because there was no way those cryptibites weren't drowning r aging under normal game circumstances.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

The Human Crouton posted:

Thanks. Patience worked. The mechanics of the game led me to believe there was some trick to it because there was no way those cryptibites weren't drowning r aging under normal game circumstances.

Edit: poo poo. Maybe it does make sense with the mechanics. I'm pretty sure they said that cryptobites don't age in timefall. So they really cant. E damaged by rain even thought it eats away their container.

Edit: On phone. So sorry for weird posting sequence.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Can anyone give me information on how to get jobs for two certain preppers. I have not been able to get a single job for the veteran porter and the novelists son. I'm near 5 star for everyone else, but can't get these guys started.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Kojima does his best to explain his nonsense 20 times, but he should just hire someone to write his ideas into a proper human language.

As it is, I don't understand anything because a dog barking for 30 minutes has the same intellectual effect as a dog barking for 1 minute.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I've 5-starred everyone except this guy named Langdon in the Distribution Center North of Mountain Know City. Anybody have any tips? I can't find him. I assume he is not meant to be found.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Monkey Fracas posted:

If anything I wish there were more delivery missions with weird restrictions- was excited when I first saw the Pizza Missions but they're really the only strange type apart from the heat and cold-sensitive deliveries.

They need a delivery mission where you must keep the cargo wet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I only saw porters at delivery destinations. I never got to see them in the wild.