Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

I found Conan O'Brien living in a cave and he gave me an otter hat and keeps emailing me about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Stare-Out posted:

Personally I never used poo poo/piss grenades after I got the blood stuff though I doubt they're useless or anything. What a sentence to write. I love this game.

The best part of Death Stranding is it's a great game but if you try to stan it to people who haven't played you end up sounding 100% mentally unhinged.

On that note, I'm honestly surprised this game hasn't ask me to toss my cum at a ghost yet.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

So the wiki claims you can toss a poo poo grenade to lure BTs toward the cloud (and away from you or a path you want to go through) but the nice side effect of you can get a bunch all in one spot for a hematic grenade multikill.

Haven't actually tried it yet though

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

this was mentioned before but wait until the paver is on the grid before sticking materials in it. You get a big discount from "other players" once you light up a section.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Is there a star level for each hub that is the definite point for upgrades vs. cosmetics + lore?

Like some of them need a LOT of grinding to get that 4th or 5th star and it would be nice to know if all I'm missing is a new backpack color and not, say, a gun upgrade that makes a boss less horrible.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Moira Rose voice: I was the be-beh all along.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Valtonen posted:

Is it possible to get a zip to mountain knot from weather station over the mountains?

Yeah, I've done it. Had to build a zip to the robotics (I think) and then walk past her base, and pickup the zip again on the eastern ridge to head down to weather station.

It was satisfying but not *that* useful because there's only a few side missions between the west and east side of the map and you quickly max out the point potentials.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Yeah I always thought it was supposed to be some sort of charity you're "donating" to when recycling. Just a bit of half-baked lore.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

So you're saying Komjima should.. "Keep on keepin' on"?

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Ciaphas posted:

Oh, okay, that helps some. I thought it'd be save-reloading at worst, or more likely a rewind to just before... whatever... kicks off

It's still a multi-hour affair of not much delivery at all, I assume, but I guess I'll find out

(e) assuming I don't hulk smash my controller trying to get that incredibly fragile package delivered. haven't tried it yet but based on earlier experiences that's going to suck :cripes:

The end game begins when you cross the tar belt. After all the ending stuff and real not fake out credits, it drops you at a "two weeks earlier..." kinda deal to do any side missions or open world fuckery you missed.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Philippe posted:

They should have allowed you to print a lethal weapon. Once. After that, Die-Hardman calls you and chews you out for doing it, and removes the lethal weapons from your crafting menu.

Even funnier if there was a delay before he finds out, like 20 minutes. Then the secret strategy is to get all the materials and print a bunch in one go to make Sam's locker gun hoard.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

DoubleT2172 posted:

You must be otterly confused because it's the best one

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

In classic I think I only used the cord cutter for the gold BTs that are immune to all other weapons. It's so much more annoying and worse than just bloodnades / blood gunning everything.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

I like that our snooty emo French girlfriend now has a... tiny hands scarf?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Mr E posted:

I think the majority of the writing was pretty ok to good in the first game but I really would like Kojima to have some sort of editor for female characters. I don't think he's some big misogynist or anything but a lot of the writing for Fragile and Mama just kinda felt gross and bad (not to the level of the MGS4 bosses) and I'd like if it was better in the second game.

I mean this is the guy who had a character running around in a stripper outfit and he goes "no no no I'm not a creep there's a legitimate plot reason" and that plot reason was she can only breathe through her skin because ... ???.

What I'm saying is cringe embarrassing female characters is kinda a known quantity for Kojima at this point.