Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

pmchem posted:

let's say I have no interest in being a fedex or doordash delivery guy

is this game still fun? or at least, engaging and emotionally interesting?

I liked MGS:V for what it's worth (yes I know it's a different style of game). eyeballing DS on sale at epic right now
if you're saying you have no interest in taking things from point A to point B then no because that is literally most of the game

Are you asking if the game is fun and engaging even though it's a lot of taking things from point A to point B? Then yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Party Boat posted:

This being marketed as a "director's cut" is pretty funny, as though Death Stranding (2019) was in some way not Kojima's vision.
Director's Cut is as meaningless a phrase for its original use as Game of the Year Edition

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

The Shame Boy posted:

Kojima always hated making trailers since you have to give stuff away by virtue of getting people excited for your product. So I think if he had always had his way all of the MGS trailers would have been this variation of weird instead of showing all the guns and explosions and poo poo.
The legend is that Kojima always edited all of his trailers himself, though?

And he's loving amazing at it. As much as I loved MGSV the trailers for the years running up to release were loving phenomenal and IMO were maybe more evocative than the final product. I still go back and watch some of them like the Elegia trailer.

The Death Stranding trailers were also great but it was weird how they ended up just basically being mostly cutscenes from the early game.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Augus posted:

between MGSV being a giant Moby Dick reference and Death Stranding being about “Beached Things” I think he just had whales on the brain in general
The thing is you don't really need to guess what Kojima is into because he posts about all the films and poo poo he watches, he's not shy about it, he was all about posting Low Roar poo poo before Death Stranding. Surely by now somebody has figured out what we're into from the Director's Cut based on the photos he's posted on Twitter since late 2019.

Edit: like literally all he posts about is new blurays and CDs he's bought. If there's one person keeping physical media alive it's Hideo Kojima.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

I can answer this one at least- Her, actually. And yes, just a random BB.
To give more detail, the after credits (lol) scene reveals Lou to be Louise

Ciaphas posted:

- about Amelie: what the hell is her goal here? I got all the blah-blah philosophy about mass extinctions being good in the long run, but if her goals were keeping humanity going, couldn't she just... like... not do the Last Stranding at all??
[/spoiler]
Her goals weren't about helping humanity but being humane - putting humanity out of its misery instead of dragging it out. Ultimately Sam convinced her to change her mind and drag it out.

Akuma fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jul 15, 2021

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Do we know if saves will transfer to the directors cut on PS5? PS4 to PS5 isn't exactly a completely known quantity overall.

On the one hand I want to transfer all my work, on the other... the idea of having an excuse to replay the game sounds pretty good...

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

You could also use them to kill people more easily.

You know, like people do. And live with the consequences.

It would undercut the message a bit if they weren't in there.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

I mean the Bridges MO is the ends justify the means so they're the kind of org that absolutely would let their superstar print guns if they thought it would achieve their aims. Just burn the bodies it'll be fine.

I mean their entire infrastructure is built on slave babies

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

I just reconnected the timefall farm, is it scripted to rain until I leave afterwards or can I wait it out?
Timefall doesn't really matter unless you're clumsy, it doesn't actually damage packages it just makes them take more damage if you bash them around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Shoehead posted:

I'm still working my way towards the ending but uh... So I'm in the snowy mountains a lot atm and I keep hearing sleighbells??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f-DI8blKX8