Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I love how Monster is the only company that survived whatever apocalypse the world had. Reminds me of Demolition Man and Taco Bell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

This is like No Mans Sky where I know it’s going to be a train wreck but I’m buying it anyways.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

You know you can preview your post before hitting submit, right?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

All you need is the truck and judicious use of the jump button to get wherever you need.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I’ve gotten the truck to that crazy snow top place that is a constant blizzard you go to like only once or twice. Hammer that bunny hop button until you find a line to get up.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I usually avoid giving likes for useful structures while giving as many likes as I can to ones that have no business being there. The reasoning was I always imagined the useful structure players seeing their stuff getting squat while a bridge going across a stream with no obstacles getting a lot of more likes than theirs and flipping out. I am glad I am getting confirmation all that wasn't for naught.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

pmchem posted:

I don't own the game (yet), but my understanding is that this game relies on "likes" from other players for you to gain power/wealth and generally make progress. And that you can "like" other players' stuff, too, if you run into their stuff.

On PC, is the player population small enough now that it harms the "likes" system? Or is there some "auto-like" or "auto-item" system so it wouldn't matter if only a handful of actual humans are still playing on PC?

I ask because I think of games like Dark Souls and how it was impossible to matchmake in many areas a long time after the game launched.

Nothing in the first paragraph is true. Likes have nothing to do with progression or gatekeep you from anything.

You can think of other players structures as quality of life features. You come to a mountain you need to get to the top of and a cliff is the quickest way unless you want to walk to the other side of the mountain. poo poo, you forgot a ladder so you either have to hoof it back to a storage to get one or walk forever to the other side. Wait a minute! Someone already traversed the cliff and left their ladder for someone else to use. Here’s a hundred likes, awesome person.