Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thumper57
Feb 26, 2004

I just wish you assholes would stop leaving your rusted rear end vehicles all over my beautiful roads. At least park them off the power strip!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thumper57
Feb 26, 2004

Man the auto pavers on the way to Mountain Knot are insanely expensive. I'm basically driving back and forth between there and the MULEs near the Engineer making supply runs (usually stopping to farm the BT at the abandoned factory near the Craftsman for crystals).

Is there a closer source I'm missing? The terrorists nearby all stock Special Alloys.

(I admit it's entirely possible that once I actually GET to Mountain Knot they'll dump materials on me and I'll feel dumb)

thumper57
Feb 26, 2004

Midjack posted:

All the cities have resources so you might try just walking or biking to Mountain Knot if you’re close but have already tapped out Lake Knot, South Knot, the DCs, and the easily accessible shelters and camps. I didn’t finish those roads until after I’d been in the mountains for a couple of chapters because they were so costly. Remember to bring the shelters onto the network to get community contributors to the roads, they’ll do half the work for you most times.

Ahhhh this explains why I'm building roads by myself, I've been stubbornly paving my way everywhere before I check in, I figured that the game must require you to finish roads yourself to discover the terrain, then let's other players provide repair materials. It didn't occur to me that those regions just weren't online yet.

thumper57
Feb 26, 2004

I'm playing through on normal, and the hematic grenade/assault rifle combo makes BT combats pretty easy, so long as you're not (chapter 5 spoiler) carrying a goddamn person at the time

I just finished painstakingly building a zipline network from the road to timefall farm to simplify my pizza delivery... Only to learn I have to carry champagne in my hand the whole way.

thumper57
Feb 26, 2004

Oh, after a minute of trying to fight the thing I just ran away, I figured it didn't mean for me to fight there.

thumper57
Feb 26, 2004

I find the in-game music player weird - I can listen to a song so long as I do literally nothing else. I can't even read my email?

thumper57
Feb 26, 2004

OK this ending sequence is super loving irritating.

thumper57
Feb 26, 2004

I ran out into the ocean to try and drown myself, I sprinted to the mountain to throw myself off, finally I saw an auto-save icon and turned off the PS4.

I'll come back to do the rest of "sit silently for 3 minutes to continue monologue" later.

thumper57
Feb 26, 2004

Oh my god, how many credits ARE there?

thumper57
Feb 26, 2004

So there's the "credits roll while you stagger around the beach" section, then you get some more cutscenes and the title card, then some more walking then cutscenes... then we get

NORMAN REEDUS
MADS MIKKELSON

Then another title card, then CAST followed by a scrolling list of what we just watched one at a time and I feel like I'm probably forgetting some. We also got to watch the "Oh there you are Sam... you want to go home? Let's go home" scene three times over the space of the last set of cutscenes. I get it! Norman Reedus is in this and Amelie sent baby Sam back.

I really liked the game but honestly I think I really just liked building roads and then cruising along them to drop off packages. I kinda feel like the story was obscured too much early on and then too repetitive late - it made the characters look kind of dumb for not piecing things together (and kinda treated me like an idiot assuming I needed to see and hear dialogue a second time less than 5 minutes after I first heard it... like You could try taking Lou out..., I know, I've been hitting buttons to try to do that the whole walk here).

Anyway my two quality-of-life requests for this would be the ability to dismantle structures at a distance (for both the times when I left a stupid zipline somewhere that made me confused traveling my beautiful network - but not enough to trek out to it to destroy it then walk back - and for those times when some rear end in a top hat would put a time shelter 175m between two of my ziplines making them impossible to traverse), and the ability to set up upgrade requests for myself that I could then fulfill by bot. Trekking 240 chemicals and 480 special alloys out to my ziplines one at a time was annoying, if I could flag them and then send a bot to do it from a nearby facility it would have been nice.

e: oh yeah, and quit leaving your goddamn vehicles in the middle of my beautiful roads

thumper57
Feb 26, 2004

Shinmera posted:

You can do that from the cuff link map.

Oh drat it.

CJacobs posted:

You can just sit back down by holding Circle to rest during the sequence you folks are talking about. Why didn't you try it?

I did, circle button was not active for me (PS4)

thumper57
Feb 26, 2004

Sam's mother's name was Lisa Bridges.

thumper57
Feb 26, 2004

I recently finished the game and still have no idea what if anything any of the EX grenades did.

thumper57
Feb 26, 2004

I think you're supposed to assume that he's chatting and hanging out with these guys offscreen, right? Otherwise their emails to you about how great it is to be friends are pretty sad.

And on the grenade mist -> regular bullets thing: this makes BT fights so easy that as soon as I unlocked the assault rifles I started getting deliberately grabbed to kill the bosses for crystals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thumper57
Feb 26, 2004

Why does the guy need more than one pacemaker?