Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Death Stranding on PC in 2021, exclusive to Epic Game Store and has Denuvo copy protection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FatalT posted:

All I can say is, Good luck avoiding story spoilers for the next 6-9 months!

Yeah really, waiting is not an option for me. I have to play this at launch. I will be double dipping on PC version next year.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

TheMostFrench posted:

I love how he's created this very serious and emotionally deep narrative about saying connected at the end of the world, and then a week before release it's like GET YOUR FREE OTTER HAT FROM CONAN O'BRIEN!

I mean, all of the Metal Gear Solid games were like this too, they all super silly stuff in them to break up what was some pretty heavy subject matter for a video game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I imagine the peeing mechanic will be confusing to a lot of players, but for anyone who has played a lot of Kojima games, it's not even surprising at all and is peak Kojima.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The flying whale from the Phantom Pain teaser was seen in the trailer too it looks like. :v:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am curious about the total cutscene length. I hope we get that number before release. I am putting in a bet for around 10 hours.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Adaptabullshit posted:

The trailer left me with more questions than answers.

Welcome to a Hideo Kojima game. The questions probably won't be answered either, but the excitement comes with wondering which ones.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

tuo posted:

Kojima at his best

e: I can't wait for the 83% metacritic score, all gamers making a huge fuss about it beeing overhyped and stuff, while I'll deliver some wonderfull pizza while soothing the BB.

Not looking forward to the brutal harassment and death threats that a reviewer will get when they give the game a 7/10. It's perfectly okay if someone doesn't end up liking this game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Harrow posted:

Were I a professional game reviewer I would pull in every single favor I possibly could not to be assigned Death Stranding.

Absolutely, this is a game I would not want to review, or I would just half rear end it and say only nice things about it and give it a 10/10. I salute the brave soul that is going to give this game a negative rating and recommend that people not buy it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The obsession people have with Kojima is maybe a bit weird, but that is not his fault (celebrity worship in general is ultra weird). His games still own.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

redreader posted:

I didn't ask for any details on the game and they didn't give me any.

That's for the best. It's super easy to get blacklisted in this industry. I know a few people in the game industry who work on high profile games, or get access to them, and I never bother to ask for details on what they are working on, don't want to put them into an uncomfortable position.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DalaranJ posted:

You may occasionally* notice a floating psychic vampire following Norman. Also the vampire has Tourette syndrome. Please do not mention this.

*Always

Is this a reference to the PT demo?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DalaranJ posted:

No, I just made up something ridiculous that would fit in a Kojima game.

Unintentionally did it anyways! :v: It turned out in PT, that your character is just an invisible camera with a ghost model attached to it the entire time, and when its time for a scare the camera just turns around to view the ghost model. It's actually a really fascinating system that works even if it feels like its hacked together.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Easy Allies review is the only one i've watched, and it at least confirms what I suspected about the combat segments, that they are not fun or interesting.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

haunted bong posted:

it looks like a stupid game for crazy people, so i want it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DoctorGonzo posted:

even better in the twitter thread the guy straight up said he didnt like the game enough to keep playing it. thats it, thats his review

Dude is going to get blacklisted now, as one of the requirements was that reviews can only go out once the game is finished.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Thom12255 posted:

I'm very interested in seeing the 2 hour end of game cutscene that still doesn't make the plot comprehensible.

Easy Allies review said the ending pays off and that the story actually makes sense.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

haunted bong posted:

If you get this game day one and do not like it, then give it to me.

Digital pre-order, gotta come over to my house :getin:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I still can't get over how awesome it is that Norman Reedus is in this, I like him a lot as an actor but loving hate the Walking Dead. The whole cast of main characters is great.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

You misunderstand me. I mean the ending cinematic to Death Stranding alone is allegedly two hours long.

This is correct. There is apparently 20+ hours worth of cutscenes.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Look Sir Droids posted:

That's it?

I still recall finishing MGS4 for the first time, the first Metal Gear game I ever played, around midnight on a work night. And then the cutscenes began....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AhGj4oisfU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rotten Red Rod posted:

What I want to know is how long the intro section is if you skip all the cutscenes. The gameplay DOES sound interesting, but my patience for Kojima's writing is nonexistent. I had a much better time with MGSV when I started skipping all of them.

I don't think Death Stranding will be for you to be honest. Which is okay, but like I get the impression this game is super cutscene heavy. This is what I am looking forward to the most anyways.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MGS5 barely had any cutscenes, it was light in comparison to the other games. This really disappointed me.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Why wouldn't it be for me if I enjoy the gameplay? MGSV was one of my favorite games of the last few years, and again, I ended up skipping the cutscenes as much as I could.

That's the thing though, you don't do combat of any kind really, and all reviews have said that the few times you are doing combat, it is awful. MGSV, I totally agree with you, the combat in that is fantastic, but it's non-existent here outside of some boring boss battles, and enemy that you sneak around.

Like, I bet you can skip the cutscenes in Death Stranding, but its obvious they are the meat of the game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I know what the gameplay is, I've read quite a few reviews by now, and it intrigues me. But not enough to sit through 10+ hours of intro before getting to the meat of the game. That's why I want to know how much of it is conceivably skippable.

I mean the porting and construction gameplay with the social elements. That sounds interesting.

That's fair! I think I was just misunderstanding you at first. You cited Metal Gear Solid V, and I wanted to make sure we were on the same page that this is a very different game. I can't say with 100% certainty yet, but I imagine you can absolutely hit the options button and then triangle and skip the cutscenes. That is how all MGS games have done it. All of Kojimas games since PlayStation 1 had that option.

It'll be awesome to craft, placing ladders, and other tools around the gameworld and knowing that it will show up for other players to see and use.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Avirosb posted:

What if Kojima had directed Other M?

This is silly, it would still be in development.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Priestly posted:

I'm already crying because I can't take Friday off.

I got Monday off instead. :homebrew:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Idiot question, but does Sam and Baby deliver the digital version on PSN tomorrow at 9pm pacific time?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Chello De Don posted:

this is why i got the physical copy, so i can bribe the gamestop guy to give it to me early tomorrow

You're only allowed to play it once Norman Reedus with a baby strapped to him, deliver it to you with a million other copies on his back. :colbert:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

redreader posted:

When does the psn version unlock? I saw '12am et' somewhere but this thread said 12am pst'. and it's not tonight... right? it's tomorrow night? so in 33ish hours. Why are people saying 14 hours?

Tomorrow, 9pm pacific time. I think people are confused. You can pre-load the game now too, so make sure you have done that.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am watching someone right now https://www.twitch.tv/zalora who is actually doing good at the game, and they are a huge Metal Gear Solid / Kojima fan in general.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The total cutscene time is 8 hours and 10 minutes

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Look Sir Droids posted:

Well, you see when a man jerks off in to a jar...

You joke, but I've been assuming this is really how the game explains it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

One of the packages you can deliver is woman's panties.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Day Man posted:

Heads up: I have been seeing some complaints that end game spoilers are popping up on youtube.

Confirmed. All cutscenes are up on Youtube now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Real world ads is a bit disappointing. It seems really inappropriate and out of place for this game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

6 hours to go.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

TWO MINUTES

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

its out now restart steam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I only had a chance to play for an hour last night, but the game is extremely beautiful looking. I am pretty blown away by this running on PS4 Pro. There was some absolute black magic at play to get this game looking this good.