Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Rotten Red Rod posted:

"Kojima is a bad writer" and "The MGS games are really good" can both be true things

Yeah, he really needs the translators help. I appreciate his dialogue more when I see it as a Japanese guy who has a passing understanding of the American source material and likes to try to show off what he knows. Maybe impressive to a Japanese audience, but comes across as weird and forced to an American one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

DoctorGonzo posted:

hey remember when otacon went from nerdy tech guy to loving his mom and making his dad kill himself? what a scamp

I completely loving forgot about this. LOL

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Need a ranking of the MG series.

I heard MGS4 and peace walker were bad. Was I lied to? :ohdear:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Bought game from Best Buy.

Got to Lake.

My impression is STOP loving CALLING ME.

People mentioned the loneliness of the game, but I can't stop people from loving calling me and emailing me 24/7. SUCK MY loving DICK

The ringtone goes off just after you're leaving a base that a guy gave a Hamlet like soliloquy, and he has some stupid asinine fact he had to add that he probably said 4 times and you've expewrienced twice. SHUT THE gently caress UP.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Probably already posted, but again.
From The Onion

quote:

After years of hype, Hideo Kojima’s latest mind-bending odyssey is finally out. But as is typical for the gaming auteur’s unique work, there’s tons you need to know before embarking on this epic adventure. Here are OGN’s tips for getting started on Death Stranding.

You start the game as Sam Bridges, but note that a few hours into the experience, you’ll switch over to the sword-wielding soldier Raiden for the remainder of the storyline.

As you try to balance several packages on your back using the shoulder triggers, try not to think too hard about how this game could have been Silent Hills instead.

If you ever find yourself stuck, press the L3 button and the next time you fall asleep, Hideo Kojima will appear to you in a nightmare and help guide you through the experience.

Keeping track of the story’s overt references to Trump and a fractured America will help remind you that escapism is a lie and no video game can save you from our hellish reality.

To keep track of the story, take note when you meet Heartman, Deadman, and Die-Hardman, which are just some of the actual character names landed upon during a four-year development process.

Anytime you find yourself not enjoying the storyline, we recommend being less of an idiot. The problem is not the game; it’s you.

With that said, you can safely take a bathroom break at 1:31:58 in the first cutscene without missing much.

Keep your eyes peeled for an Easter egg cameo appearance from Hideo Kojima’s childhood friend, a 70-pound granite boulder.

Make sure to care for the “BB”—or Bridge Baby—strapped to your chest by giving him 3 to 4 ounces of formula every two hours, making sure he gets three naps a day, changing diapers as needed, soothing him by singing softly, and making steady contributions to his 529 college fund.

Finally, never forget that gaming is about the emotions you experience and not the buttons you press, or some bullshit like that.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
God, this game. When it's rewarding, it's soooo much fun. Other times, it just hoses you. I mean, just reeeaaaaly hoses you. Save scumming when in a new area seems to be the thing to do. Otherwise, prepare to repeat an hour+ of DS's strand-type game gameplay.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
That frees up bandwidth? I never would have thought of that.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I creamed one of those NPC porters with my truck and the other one just stood there shivering. I felt horrible.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Can you delete vehicles, or is the cosplayer's house just always screwed?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I can't get the fourth star in Mountain knot city. What is it I need to do?

Also, I'm in chapter 15. Does anything happen when you wait until the chapter event takes place?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I built my first zip line in chapter 10. I thought building most of the pic stuff cost metal:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

WaltherFeng posted:

My friend said to me "You're the first I've seen who doesn't shake the pod like crazy when BB cries"

Also apparently many of the streamers just fall off the ledge in the first 5 minutes.

I did this. It’s not obvious where to go.