Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is there anywhere I can order the CE that won't charge me the full price until release?

withoutclass posted:

Where did you order yours? I've looked at Best Buy/Game Stop/Amazon but they all said unavailable. Did I miss out?

Still available at Best Buy. I wouldn't worry too much I'd imagine it'll pop back up sooner or later.

Looks like you have to pay BB $200 right away? Sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

gently caress pre ordering online. Why the hell can I just walk into a store and drop $5 to reserve something but online I have to drop the $200 outright? Absolute bullshit.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Such a cool industry. Let me just throw 200 dollars into the ether for the next 6 months for the privilege of buying something.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Skeletron posted:

AFAIK Amazon doesn't charge for pre-orders until the fetus ships.

Yeah I called to make sure of this and the first guy I talked to had no idea what the hell he was talking about, so I called back and this is indeed the case. baby secured lol.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Rotten Red Rod posted:

We've kinda gotten past the "you can climb go everywhere" phase in games marketing. I wanna know WHY you can climb that mountain, what interesting gameplay reasons there are to do it.

I feel like this is sort of unfair, because the trailer doesn't focus on "you can go anywhere" at all. And for people who want to make fun of the ladder and rope things (it was really awkwardly edited I'll admit) I think it shows that just getting around the world is more involved than just walking from point a to b, which is interesting to me at least. Leads me to believe it's gonna be more like BOTW where you kind of have to put some thought into getting around vs just slamming the jump button next to a mountain until you get to the top.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It is published by Sony. There is a zero percent chance of it ever coming to PC.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Party Boat posted:

A while back I'd have agreed with you but Journey, Heavy Rain and Detroit: Beyond Human are coming to PC this year :shrug:

I had no idea. What an absolutely random selection of games to give PC ports.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

You're the president of jack poo poo bridget.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

:aaaaa:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Vikar Jerome posted:

lmao here we go!

I love how much these things always resemble a scene in a movie where someone walks in to a loved one's secret room and the walls are covered in photos and string connecting them with thumb tacks. And the whole point of those scenes is usually "this guy has gone off the deep end"

But MGS fans are just like "welp time to bust MS paint and make this crazy guy thing for the whole world to see"

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Cowman posted:

I wouldn't be that surprised if it turns out it's Silent Hills without the name. I know it's definitely been a long time conspiracy theory but it wouldn't be surprising.

Uhhhh....Have you seen the trailers sir? How on earth would this pan out to be Silent Hills?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah it does seem to have some horror elements so there might be some concepts used from it. I hope the horrorish stuff in it is good because I'd be stoked about that.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Spite posted:

How could MGS2 be about someone other than solid snake?

We are talking a contemporary horror game vs an outlandish batshit crazy sci fi world that resembles Silent hill in no capacity whatsoever. To say it's a pretty big stretch is an understatement.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah I do hope and expect some of the ideas from SH make their way in.

Now I'm wondering what Silent Hills would have played like.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Speaking of tits. This appears to be the first Kojima game where the female characters don't inexplicably have their tits hanging out. Turns out in the Koj may have been the one who was ashamed of his words & deeds after all.

Still plenty of face licking tho.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'll admit that the whole luggage melee combat looks less than stellar but in the grand scheme of things I feel like it has zero effect on my hype level.

Kojima has made a lot of games I've had very mixed opinions on. Some of them negative, but he has never made a game that I haven't enjoyed a lot and or not found memorable. The less I know the better. I kind of hope we don't know a whole lot more about the game when it comes out tbh. It looks weird and I want to be surprised. I wish I had the willpower to put myself on an info blackout but lol that's never gonna happen.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

acksplode posted:

Snake, try to remember some of the basics of UPS

Oh hey those are the guys that are going to lose my package on release day. What a coincidence.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

If the babies essentially being a clone/respawn mechanic panned out to be true, it would be cool if every once in a while they grew into a hosed up Norman Reedus with a T-Rex arm or something.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

In a follow up tweet he said Social Strand System is supposed to have the same descriptive intent as Tactical Espionage Action.

Too bad it just sounds like nonsense from a crazy person instead of the description of a badass game.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lol I like Kojima and DS looks awesome but he could literally say anything and people will act like it’s the greatest thing they have ever heard.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

After all these years of MGS, I’ll be relieved to play a nice, linear Kojima story without all the bullshit nonsense and made up words!

Fam?

FAM?!

You will be ashamed of your words and deeds.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The funny thing about Hayter is that he was a much better Snake than KS imo. I kind of bought Kojima's lame explanation for the switch initially, but after playing the game he was just boring by comparison.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

yeah games really seem like they are cycling back into getting big name actors like they were around 2006 and it just seems like a waste. I don't think people generally give a poo poo.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

friendly 2 da void posted:

uh, did you completely miss all of the "Keanu Reeves won E3" gushing?

many, many people give a poo poo

Yeah but Keanu Reeves is basically a walking meme now. Would you say that reaction is even remotely representative of other celebrities being in games?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Bedshaped posted:

I blame Kojima's direction for this. MGS1 is the only game where english voice actors had no direction from Kojima himself. Which is why the english acting has been getting progressively staler as the series goes on. KS is a better actor than David Hayter, but any actor directed badly will look like they're under performing.

I think Super Bunnyhop talks about it in his MGS1 retrospective.

Yeah it's really not that I think it was incompetence or even disinterest on Sutherlands part. It's that (I mean this in the best possible way) David Hayter was a little cheesy, and MGS is a little cheesy so it always felt perfect. he always just always really owned that role and really became a defining part of Snake. Sometimes I'm not sure Kojima appreciates how campy his stuff is tbh. Like, I love MGS because its good but I also like that it's just sort of stupid and makes me laugh and a guy who delivers lines in MGS like it's an Anime (which it is) sounds better than a Hollywood actor who frankly just sounded a little bit confused.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jun 13, 2019

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This was the first game that was really true to it's source material in that both of them suck poo poo.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Rinkles posted:

as far as simulating the psx look goes, this is pretty poor

Yeah people have done some really convincing ones but that is not one of them.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

No it's not. I even called them to make sure. it runs a transaction to make make sure your account is good for the money but they don't charge until the item ships.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Power naps loving rule.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Look Sir Droids posted:

Man, just had a thought I didn't think about when that trailer came out. You must be able to drive vehicles. So when I get there, I'm gonna kite those dudes out, run back to their ride, and pancake them.

Gameplay

At the very least you have a motorcycle which is shown in the trailer. Don't know if you can jack other people's vehicles but it seems likely imo.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Bridge Babies

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

All of these cutscene clips they have been showing are going to end up being snippets of 45 minute cutscenes I'm going to completely zone out on, and I'll finish the game exactly as confused about it as I am right now.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I actually like that this game doesn't seem to be designed around just going from place to place and shooting at enemy outposts like every other open world game. Whether or not Koj can make just walking around entertaining remains to be seen but he's got a good enough track record and I've been wanting to see an open world game that doesn't totally revolve around combat for a good long while. To my knowledge it isn't even something that has been attempted yet.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Zaphod42 posted:

Lol trying real hard to pitch this game as an action fueled adventure in this trailer

I guess "in this game you carry a baby" doesn't sell as well

lol you called me out when I suggested it wasn't an action fueled adventure.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Zaphod42 posted:

lol you posted the trailer and I'm talking about the trailer it has nothing to do with you

like wtf lmao

I'm talking about like a week or two ago when I said "I Like that it's more than just boring base takedown action gameplay" and you said that is actually all it was.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I was talking about how a large part of the gameplay seems to be actually navigating the terrain instead of just fighting hordes of people all of the time.

No I didn’t work on it I’m not sure why you’d think that haha.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Does anyone else kind of get Annihilation vibes from the look and color palette of the outdoor world in this game?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Now that release is nearing Im getting cold feet about paying $200 for a plastic baby but it's also still sold out so I can't bring myself to not buy it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh hey Wal Mart has one in stock. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Death-St...Ukn2s4wlyQYK1o0 Probably your last chance if anyone wanted to order it but missed out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Saying MGS4 was a movie is unfair because the gameplay that was there is nearly as robust as MGS5. it was just woefully short in favor of 20 hours of cutscenes.

MGS4 and 5 had no difficulty balance whatsoever and made you insanely OP within hours. Personally I hope this isn't the case with death stranding.