Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it
So there's no way to make my Playstation think I'm in New Zealand or something like that, right? Kinda sucks to have this icon on my menu taunting me.

I also refuse to troll players. I'm one of those people who always maxes out the sunbro covenant in Dark Souls games helping people beat bosses - the jolly co-operation part of this game sounds like it's extremely my poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

So if that suit with the tiny little hood is all it takes to protect Norman Reedus from the time rain, why can’t I just put a tarp of it over my cargo so I don’t have to worry about it rusting away?

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

The Unnamed One posted:

You can find someone who can give you that.

Good to know! I’m enjoying the game, I’m just not liking the lack of options to mitigate the whole timefall thing.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

So I’m seven hours in, and my main impression of the game so far is that it’s kinda boring? The world is cool, I’m interested in finding out more about the setting and the relationship between Mads Mikkelson and the baby, but the actual gameplay just seems boring and easy. Any cliffs or rivers get TONS of ladders/bridges as soon as you connect to the network, and the solution to MULEs and BTs is just to run (I’m pretty sure it’s faster to let yourself get caught by a BT and sprint out of its ‘attack zone’ then to actually sneak around them all).

I’m hoping there’s a big left-field turn coming or this game opens up and throws more enemies into the mix, because if it’s sixty hours of this I don’t think there’s enough there there to keep me engaged in the story.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

Troy Baker is definitely having way more fun than everyone else in this game.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

So I noticed a tooltip that says MULEs won’t bother attacking you if you’re not carrying cargo. Does that just mean deliverables, or will they still ping you and come after you for your ladders and boots, too?

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

I gotta say, it’s a pretty good joke that every delivery you do in this game results in you getting praised as the best person ever EXCEPT the pizza delivery, where you get the game’s equivalent of a door slammed in your face.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

Lol I took the quest to build that structure outside of the Weather Ststion and I couldn’t because someone onmy server looted the entire stash of chiral crystals.

I’m surprised there aren’t more people trolling by draining the coffers and dumping all the materials in timefall zones, to be honest.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

Ineffiable posted:

People can't take stuff out of your private stash or the facility stash.

You were checking the shared stash.

You sure? I’ve absolutely done the “Request Materials” thing to get metal for bridges and it shows the facilty’s amount of metal remaining going down.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

I don’t think I’ve ever swerved from “this game is terrible” to “okay this game is great” as fast as I did from the jump from the end of Chapter 5 to the beginning of Chapter 6.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

I also think there's a number of goons who are a lot further than most people and seeing less structures because of it. Like, only 8% of people have even reached Chapter Five so far going by trophy percentages.

The vast majority of players are still hanging around Chapter 3, connecting up the first few settlements.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

Chapter 12 really undercuts the whole message of this game if you have a lovely server, lol. Couldn’t have at least one person have built a loving timefall shelter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

CJacobs posted:

The structures you make are saved to the server as soon as you build them. It will only go away when you, personally, delete it. You can test this by doing something that leaves one of those holographic markers (the piss mushrooms or rock cairns) and loading your previous save, it'll still be there with your name on it. Therefore, even if you haven't played the game since it came out, your stuff will probably still appear for other players.

This can't be completely right - I built a tier 3 generator right when I arrived at Edge Knot City and it disappeared when I got randomly pulled under the tar and killed by those gold BTs halfway through. I never got any likes or anything for it, and there was probably ten minutes or so between creating the structure and dying/reloading and losing the structure. It probably uploads whenever you save the game.