Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skeletron
Nov 21, 2005

One day I found out that my urine was acting like a powerful foaming agent.
Yo, this poo poo is tight.

I don't know what strange forces coalesced to make it possible but I really appreciate that somehow AAA video games like this can exist in the real world and collectible lamps can be made in the shape of incubating fetuses.

Skeletron fucked around with this message at 10:58 on May 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeletron
Nov 21, 2005

Look Sir Droids posted:

Re-watching the trailer.

I'd be surprised if this isn't on the nose commentary on social media and the information age. Where MGS2 was predictive, this will look at the aftermath.

I'd also bet the Mads scenes that bookend the trailer is the opening of the game, like the hospital in TPP.
That sounds likely. The scenes seem to be reversed chronologically though with Mads' face covered in blood seemingly after the poo poo went down in the opening. I like how that last little synth musical cue at the end of the trailer uses the same melody as the lullaby Mads' sings earlier.

Skeletron
Nov 21, 2005

I just preordered a life size baby in a jar. I'm loving amped.

Skeletron
Nov 21, 2005

withoutclass posted:

Where did you order yours? I've looked at Best Buy/Game Stop/Amazon but they all said unavailable. Did I miss out?
Got my fetus incubator on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07SFZWVYK

It's been popping in and out of stock all day, I'd just keep an eye on it.

Skeletron
Nov 21, 2005

veni veni veni posted:

gently caress pre ordering online. Why the hell can I just walk into a store and drop $5 to reserve something but online I have to drop the $200 outright? Absolute bullshit.
AFAIK Amazon doesn't charge for pre-orders until the fetus ships.

Skeletron
Nov 21, 2005

Look Sir Droids posted:

Wtf is going on here? In MGS4 it was revealed Ocelot no longer had Liquid’s arm and he double crossed himself by hypnotizing himself to believe he was Liquid.* That’s discussed in the actual game. The PS3 database doesn’t matter bc it was probably created as marketing material independent of game development.

*He had previously hypnotized himself in MGSV to believe Venom is actually Big Boss even though he knew he wasn’t.
Holy gently caress what the poo poo are ya'll talking about. I guess I should be glad I opted for an Xbox in 2001 and missed out on everything past MGS 1.

Skeletron
Nov 21, 2005

JBP posted:

If you are in the Death Stranding thread because you are interested in Death Stranding, you've done yourself an enormous disservice missing out on MGS2 forward.
I'd love to pickup where I left off 20 years ago if the PS5 ends up having PS2/PS3 compatibility. I've heard great things but the story reminds me of one of those long-running comic books that's gone in so many different directions over the years any discussion inevitably sounds like utter madness.

WaltherFeng posted:

Yeah MGS2 is a cultural treasure.

I remember my dad buying me a PS2 + MGS2 package that they used to sold pack then? That was a thing right?
I don't know man, I jumped ship for Halo never looked back until PS4. I had a great time running through the whole Uncharted series last year since I never played a single one. With Death Stranding I'm kind of glad I can finally get back into a Kojima game without having to catch up on another decade worth of poo poo I missed out on.

Skeletron fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Jun 11, 2019

Skeletron
Nov 21, 2005

The online component will consist of players urinating on each other from opposite sides of parallel universes. Players on our side will be forging connections across the United Cities of America via enormous trails of urine, containing the essential elements of humanity's life-code and the one thing we all share in common: our DNA. These long paths of urine, or Strands, serve to claim territory and create barriers that inhibit players from the alternate universe (BTs) from crossing over. Like Tron but with urine instead of futuristic motorcycles with lasers for exhaust.

Meanwhile, players in the hosed up universe will be pissing all over our pee strands with their bizarro pee strands, thereby breaking the connection of our essential life fluids and strengthening their own. Enough pissing and they may break through into our universe long enough to urinate all over someone. Nobody really dies in this game, they just get peed on. It's a new type of experience unseen before in gaming.

Skeletron
Nov 21, 2005

precision posted:

Does anyone know if you're "locked in" to the same shard of players for your entire playthrough? I built like 5 bridges in ch.2 and I've received literally only 1 like. :(
One-likers are the worst. Come on bro, I know you ain't running low on likes. Take a second and mash that fuckin touchpad like it's a Mario Party minigame.

Skeletron
Nov 21, 2005

I assume the algorithm is tightly controlled so you'll find an assortment of particular structures in any one area, a mix of items with a variety of like-amounts, and possibly cherry-picked locations where a particular type of item is highly weighted to be visible. Precisely how it all works is a pleasant mystery though.

Skeletron
Nov 21, 2005

Black Griffon posted:

Speaking of safehouse cutscenes: I skip through everything, but I realized I skipped past one cutscene I hadn't seen. I'm on chapter something or another in the second area, and I took the elevator down, skip, went to sleep, skip and woke up, skip. But wait, there's nothing to skip when you wake up usually! Anyone know what that was about?
Could it be the Fragile shower scene??

Edit: In Chapter 3

Skeletron fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Nov 13, 2019

Skeletron
Nov 21, 2005

Do vehicles actually stop working at some point? 'Cause I've been driving up and down highways in chapter 3 for hours getting rained on in this rusted rear end piece of poo poo stolen MULE truck with the warning about "durability" on my screen and it's still truckin' along. I don't even know how to check its durability so I'm just waiting for it to suddenly stop moving on me in the middle of MULE country with a stack of cargo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeletron
Nov 21, 2005

Really is quite crazy how applicable the themes of Death Stranding are to the current world situation. Isolation, reliance on telecommunication and delivery workers in the face of a worldwide quarantine. Dude is a prophet.