Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the cow

1stGear posted:

Yeah, I'm sure Kojima will make this a secret MGS game when he's been trying to get away from Metal Gear since 3.

I wouldn't be that surprised if it turns out it's Silent Hills without the name. I know it's definitely been a long time conspiracy theory but it wouldn't be surprising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the cow

veni veni veni posted:

Uhhhh....Have you seen the trailers sir? How on earth would this pan out to be Silent Hills?

I just said I wouldn't be that surprised not that I think it actually is true. I could definitely see Kojima using ideas from his original plan or something like that.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the cow

AlphaKeny1 posted:

idk man it looks really good and something i'd expect from kojima. i was giggling when norman reedus tried to sneak around those dudes then started booking it. and in the next cut he's boxing people and hitting someone with a briefcase. AAA gaming at its finest.

I like that you can hit people with the briefcase. I hope it means improvised weapons as in you just hit with whatever is in your hands.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the cow

Coolness Averted posted:

cant wait for post apocalyptic ladder matches

It would be really awesome if you could extend it and wave it around.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the cow

JBP posted:

The roads in the start of chapter three all built up without me, but now that I've moved further and there are way less players flying as high as I am, there's not much built.

I've been building a bunch of roads so part of that might be me

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the cow

Is there any real point to getting people to 5 stars other than the pant star and the increased bandwidth? I went back to the first area and maxed everyone out which was pretty easy since I had zip lines but the second area is so big and it would take a lot of work to get it all done.

About the Elder:
Scared the poo poo outta me when I came back to finish his deliveries and he was a loving BT just silently floating there. Why didn't he cause a voidout?

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the cow

Gripweed posted:

I don't know if it's addressed in game, but I'd assume either somebody else came and got the body(remember that they have dedicated corpse delivery guys), or Prepper shelters have personal incinerators you can get in if you think you're about to die

I guess I haven't gotten far enough or paid enough attention but do you still become a BT even if you get incinerated? I thought BTs were made by voidouts and the dead crossing over or something. It's really confusing

On a non-spoilery note, why the hell did anyone think it was a good idea to make it so you can't transfer resources between shelters automatically? If I'm trying to build the road by Mtn Knot City and they don't have any metal I hate having to trek across the drat country and back to deliver the metal. It's one thing I hope the PC modders fix.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the cow

Gripweed posted:

You become a BT regardless, but voidouts are caused by a BT coming into contact with their own body again. You got about 48 hours after someone dies before their ghost manages to bounce back from the other side get to their body.

You absolutely can transfer resources between shelters automatically. Just withdraw the resources you want from one shelter and carry them to the other.

Well I meant more like tell a bot to take X Metal to Y City instead of having to fill your truck up and go back and forth. Some of these late game roads are ridiculous

Or just taking all the poo poo from the huge pain in the rear end people like the collector and cosplayer. gently caress them.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the cow

God gently caress Peter Englert.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the cow

Just beat Chapter 9 and holy poo poo that whole sequence from Edge Knot City to the end of the chapter ruled so loving much.

What's with the floating jelly BTs that just explode when they get near you? They were freaky as hell.

I loved Higgs so much. He's such a great villain. Super self-aware and smug and the final fistfight with him just got to be kind of pathetic at the end.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the cow

I just beat this game yesterday and it's honestly one of the best games I've ever played. I totally 100% understand why some people don't like it and there are parts that are incredibly tedious (loving mountains) but overall the story is fantastic and the gameplay is so unique. Higgs is incredible and every fight with him was great.

After Ch.9 spoilers:
It did feel kind of rushed after you beat Higgs though. The veteran Cliff really felt like an afterthought where they were quickly wrapping his story up to tie up loose ends. I wish he had more of a role in the overall story like Higgs did so the big twist would feel more organic. The run along the beach was hilarious and I seriously was expecting a voice to come up saying "Dream on" like in Jacob's Ladder.

Ending Spoilers/Questions:
What I don't fully get is the reveal that the memories are Sam's and that he's the son of Cliff. It makes sense until you get to Lou. Who is Lou and why are you getting those memories when jacking into her? My current idea is that Lou is just a filler BB, they put her in the same pod to cover up the killing and failure of Sam/Cliff. That or the memories are actually Sam's memories and Lou is the one experiencing them and the Ludens keychain is just a coincidence (reinforced by the fact that the guy who gave it to you has a brother that has the same keychain and says they got it together or something). What was Amelie's actual end goal? She seemed extremely conflicted and basically just seemed like she was tired of waiting.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the cow

Phenotype posted:

Yep, this is the case, you can still turn it in but you just won't get that S rank. I restarted that last mission once too because I thought the same thing, but on my second try I got all the way to the end before the boss knocked me down and brought it over 50% and I realized it hadn't actually failed the mission so I turned it in anyway.

Is there a way to replay missions or cutscenes?

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the cow

Monkey Fracas posted:

actually timefall won't damage your cargo, only the container

of course if your container is ruined the cargo itself will take a ton of damage if Sam biffs it or drives a motorcycle off a sheer cliff

in summary Do Not Fall Down

Yea container damage really means fuckall in the end result as long as you don't trip over yourself. It does make it super easy to damage the cargo so it's important there.

The eastern mountain side by the first prepper (the path down to the MULE camp) is such a pain in the rear end. I had a great time last night walking up it because I saw quite a few lost cargo spawn in the air and start falling down the mountainside as I assume other players were falling and dying.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the cow

minya posted:

So Iím 35h into the game, and I just finished chapter 3. Jeez. Whatís the pacing of this game like? Am I like halfway through it?

I would say go ahead and beeline it until you get to Heartman or at least the mountain. That unlocks all the locations that get you good stuff and the useful buildings and things like that. If you have zip lines, warp back to Port Knot and get everyone there to 5 stars, it's super loving easy with a decent zip network.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the cow

Oh yeah, that's people's cargo appearing in your world. I saw it a bunch on the mountainside to the MULE camp from the First Prepper's spot along with other people's cargo rolling down the hill. I died a lot there myself.

Cowman fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jan 6, 2020

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the cow

I got frostbite

BB's Theme always makes me tear up, it's such a drat good song.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the cow

I'm working on platinuming this game and I was wondering if bot deliveries counted toward the delivery achievement where you have to deliver 10/20 of the four types of deliveries.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the cow

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I'm starting to get reports of deteriorating ziplines back on the east side of the central region and I really should keep them all repaired until I at least finish the pizza delivery missions but honestly there's a pretty good reason ziplines get given to you when you've already been up the mountain, because causing avalanches hitting the "callout" button while ripping above the snowy peaks loving RULES.

I had no idea you could cause avalanches by shouting

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the cow

Midjack posted:

No. The bots kind of suck in general.

drat I figured as much. What's the best place/route to grind this out quickly? I just have miscellaneous and timed to do (5 and 10 respectively).

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the cow

I really wish you could replay missions because goddamn I want some screenshots of the supercells with the new photo mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the cow

CJacobs posted:

God no, how in the world are you supposed to S-Rank that timed delivery where you have to cart more than one truck's worth of beer across the entire Eastern Region in like 8 minutes. The only Great Deliverer here is Sam Porter Bridges, that guy who ports stuff for Bridges.

I'm more wondering how you're supposed to S Rank the chilled deliveries that aren't on the mountain. It's practically impossible considering how fast they get damaged.