Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

I play a fun game with myself where I get Extremely High and take the absolute hardest deliveries and see if I can lean on my meticulously created zipline network to get me there at S ranking.

Of course, ziplines can't get me all the way there, and I lost 200 kilos of deliveries falling into a river just outside a bunker. In my defense, Lean Left sounded a lot like Lean Right at the time.

At lease it's very cinematic. Game owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

As far as Kojima narrative beats go, I think the concept that people got so fed up with the internet that they need coercion and bribery in order to rejoin Internet 2.0 is just as prescient as the reason the Patriots felt they needed to make Arsenal Gear way back in MGS2.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Thundercracker posted:

Spoiler me. Google isn't helping.

https://wallhere.com/en/wallpaper/1369655

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

If yall wanna drown in likes people seem to love ziplines just outside bunkers/cities/centers. Upgrade those to level 2 first, and throw the Ghosts or Pop Virus song on it.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Gambrinus posted:

Still in Chapter 2 and probably will be for a while. I'm not much for computer games these days.

Where the hell are all the people? All I'm seeing is holograms. Is this part of the story that becomes clear later?

They're in bunkers. In general, leaving bunkers is Extremely Bad for your health, and they don't completely trust you besides. So they talk via hologram intercom.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Not That Fragile

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

I finished this game weeks ago, but I keep thinking about it. I would probably replay it if it had an "ultra hard mode." Maybe even an Ironman mode where repatriating meant game over, and manual saves were forbidden.

Basically just thinking of cool things they could do for like a v1.1 update that's light on new art/sound assets.

I'd love it, for example, if ultra hard really cranked up timefall rain on container health, and even started to erode package health afterwards.

I think more could be done with weather overall. I'd like to see more done with thermal pads, requiring them, using multiples, etc.

Same with the Stabilizer upgrade for backpacks. Not really all that useful, but what if holding L2 + R2 didn't ALWAYS stabilize you (unless you had the module)?

I know this is contentious, but I'd also want ultra hard to lower zipline distance to 200, maybe even 150 base. We all know they're OP and you'd use them anyway. You could retune level 3 to give 300 again.

Also, more weird deliveries. Pizzas (kept flat) that can't fit in vehicles. Packages that require constant power and drain your battery. Packages that attract BTs. "Prisoner" packages that thrash around when carried and try to destabilize you. Packages that take damage at every zipline stop (the stop anim is very aggressive) that you could potentially get around by dropping early. Packages that need to be kept wet.

I want more gameeee

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

This game is Real Pretty on PC. Happy to be rebuilding America again.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

I think Im more addicted to building ziplines than Homo Demens are to my packages.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

I also consider the Chiral Artist a must have. You get golden shoes that last forever. You can carry 3 sets for free essentially and theyll last you the whole game. Its great to have one less bar to worry about.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

The Zombie Guy posted:

Well, I thought I had started to wrap my head around what was going on, and then Kojima went and Kojima'd me real good.

I had just arrived at South Knot and I was told to go outside and investigate something. OK, they just gave me guns and grenades, this is obviously a boss battle. I go out, expecting another Great Old One squid things, and instead get whisked off to fight Mads in the trenches of WWI. What the loving gently caress man?

I wish I could be you. Playing this fresh for the first time.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

ULTRA EXTREME

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Nobody swings for the fences like Kojima. loving no one

Trailer owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Wafflecopper posted:

I thought it was funny how you’d do a delivery and get an S Tier Legend of Legends of Legends ranking and have the prepper give you a sloppy blowjob like “wow how’d you carry all that stuff so far you must be so tired wow you’re so amazing, my hero” and I’m like yeah it took me 60 seconds to get here from the distro centre on my zip line network, see you again in two minutes with the next load

Genuinely thought the next logical upgrade past ziplines and delivery robots was upgrading the robots to use ziplines.

*beep beep* "Sam! You've successfully automated yourself out of a job."